Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:59:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I avoid tax on crypto  (Read 18645 times)
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:00:14 PM

Never convert to fiat not so tax events triggered  Grin. Just kidding, move to the countries with lax regulations on crypto is the best solution.
Such countries do not exist. All countries of the world take taxes. You can choose to live in country with a low level of taxation. But getting citizenship is always a problem. There's only one way not to pay taxes. It is collect coins and wait when it will be possible to use them as currency. Any exchange of cryptocurrency for Fiat money is tracked by the banks. You will be required to pay the tax.

You have no idea! There's a number of countries that consider cryptocurrency investment to be tax free. The fact that they are taking taxes doesn't mean some assets can be exempt. For example you are obliged to pay taxes when someone gives you a house, right? In such case you need to hire someone to estimate the value of the house and fill in a form. It's completely different if the house belonged to your parents who died and left it to you. In such case you don't owe the country anything.
Here's a list of crypto friendly countries: https://coinsutra.com/tax-free-bitcoin-countries/

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rey.fudz15

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:30:43 PM

If I make money on crypto currencies. How do I avoid as much tax as possible?
enjoy your life while you can, don't do unnecessary things like this. If your government wants to tax your income from crypto currency just pay it or else you'll get imprison though there are legal things that could possibly lower the tax you will pay on earnings through cryptovurrencies, this is known as tax avoidance which i can't tell you since there are different laws in every country.
some says here to move country ? WRONG. if you are a citizen of a country that has a tax regulation on cryptocurrency whether you earn it inside or outside the country they still taxable.

bitcoinvamp

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:30:31 AM

Only solution to avoid tax on bitcoin is to not exchange or convert it into your country's currency and use it as such . As the bitcoin transactions are not traceable so government can't find anything about bitcoins. And if you do want to convert then my friend you don't just have to but you should pay tax as it is a source of income for you and paying tax is important and even a citizen's duty. You should not run from that.
vincb

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:01:36 AM

I think it is impossible to tax-free, as long as the banks involved. Unless you are using cash, or other cryptocurrencies to trade,  otherwise there is always a way to tax units found.
Although seemingly not taxable States, but in fact, if you want to tax units, there will be a variety of explanations. For example, in our country, the ordinances that currently make tax returns on Bitcoin transactions are sales tax and one-time transaction tax.
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:40:04 PM

I'm not advocating that people avoided paying taxes. They are necessary for the functioning of the state. But the control over their spending should be. We ourselves are to blame for allowing the elections to defeat those who do not trust. The task of man to think how to earn more money. They should be enough for your life and payment of taxes.
boboyboi

Activity: 146

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:39:13 PM

maybe its depend in which country your are now. you ask on how to avoid taxes?, will for me thats not good idea.
you earn money from crypto so you pay tax on it if dont want to get punished by your government.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:36:46 AM

If you are from a country where cryptocurrency is not yet legalized and your government has no rules about it then you have the option to not pay taxes. I am from a country wherein cryptocurrency is openly used but our government didn't give any guidelines yet as to how it should be tax so I am not paying taxes yet. In case there would be regulations about it then I should just do my obligations because I don't want to be penalized. If you are from a place where the government has a regulation to pay your taxes related to crypto then you should just follow it because there is a risk that they would catch you and you will pay more for penalties and worse is you will end up in a jail.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
Wheelige

Activity: 238
Merit: 68

Do good things

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:55:53 AM

On top of any crypto-specific guidance given by tax authorities i would recommend having a look at the general tax regime and legislation. How does it apply to capital gains of assets? Do you have to pay tax on unrealized gains on foreign currencies? Even if no specific rule has been widely distributed concerning bitcoin or crypto-assets in general any gains may still be captured by prevailing tax laws, and you do no want to put yourself in a position where a tax authority comes calling for a large bill you were not expecting. Remember everything on the block chain is public information, if they know your wallet address they know every transaction you have made/received.

║║║║║║║║█║███║███║███║█║█║█║║███║█║█║║██    POPULOUS WORLD'S [GOLD POKEN]
║║║║║║║║█║███║█║█║███║█║█║█║║█║█║█║█║║█      GOLD BACKED ERC1155 TOKEN | RECEIVE 9% DISCOUNT | BUY NOW
║║║║║║║║█║█║║║███║█║║║███║██║███║███║██      HOMEPAGE | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | LINKEDIN | SLACK | GITHUB | YOUTUBE
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:47:13 AM

You sir.. why you looks like really want to avoid a taxes, actually a taxes is important for the country where we live, and that's for the sake of progress+the welfare of the country as well.
I think being a selfish self is not good as a citizen, if the country has legalized bitcoin.. I think it's better to pay taxes and not avoid it as can as possible.
cry4crypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 35

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:28:47 PM

I see a lot of replies but few answers to your actual question & a lot of blatant misinformation. If you want to cash out a significant amount of money, there are a few countries with no capital gains taxes like Singapore or Malaysia and a few others. Denmark has introduced tax exeption laws for Bitcoin. In Germany if you hold Bitcoin for over a year and sell it, you pay no tax. I recall Slovenia being a Bitcoin-friendly country in tax terms, but don't exactly remember what the exact deal is there. Hope this helps.
dlhylton

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:30:34 AM

The best way to avoid paying the most tax is to hold the crypto for over a year. If you hold for less than a year, this is qualified as a short-term swing or day trade. This qualifies for around a 40% tax rate (or something along those lines). If you hold for greater than a year, this is a long-term investment and is taxed at 10-15%, which is much lower. So my advice is, hold cryptos for over a year to avoid paying the greatest amount of taxes.
berrymenalo

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:41:18 AM

You might still have to pay tax but this is one method to alleviate |

Setup self-directed Bitcoin IRA
setup LLC
setup bank account with said LLC
buy bitcoin
!HODL!

Self-directed IRA seems suuuuuuper iffy. You have any support for that being an acceptable position for someone to take without realizing the potential risks of getting audited? To my knowledge, the IRS does not agree with you that Bitcoins can be deposited into an IRA or purchased with an IRA. Not saying its disallowed, but if so provide proof please.

LLC = make sure not to use this model if you plan on mining. S-corp. allows you to avoid self-employment tax that would be unavoidable for LLC mining business (because mining is a service and partnerships must pay self-employment tax on service income). Also, an S-Corp might be better, if a little bit more complicated. I prefer the S-Corp model but do your own research. S-Corp provides the main benefit of the LLC in that you're entitled to flow-through profits and losses.

For a better idea of the issues, talk to a lawyer who specializes in the field. Otherwise, pay your tax. You don't want to be wrong on this one because the penalties are going to be draconian if you fail to report / underreport and get caught. Playing the audit lottery is unwise.

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1472593)
plavirudar

Activity: 78
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:43:50 AM

Bitcoin currently is taxed only by the South Korean govt. at a rate of around 23%. But tax can be collected merely on amount which you withdraw in exchanges. So the simple rule to save tax on all your crypto earnings is to store the bitcoins in a private key wallet where you don't need to do any KYC compliance. So you are anonymous just with your wallet address. But the problem is that you won't be able to get a fiat conversion of your bitcoins until you bring them to exchanges.

That is not correct, at the very least the US IRS has already released documents which clearly state that mining and trading BTC are taxable actions, the former incurring income tax and the latter incurring capital gains tax.
berrymenalo

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:48:26 AM

The best way to avoid paying the most tax is to hold the crypto for over a year. If you hold for less than a year, this is qualified as a short-term swing or day trade. This qualifies for around a 40% tax rate (or something along those lines). If you hold for greater than a year, this is a long-term investment and is taxed at 10-15%, which is much lower. So my advice is, hold cryptos for over a year to avoid paying the greatest amount of taxes.

This is true for the most part. Capital gains is normally 20% (although it can scale down based on your personal income levels; certain exceptions may exist). Ordinary income rates are used instead of 40% but the highest ordinary income rate is 37% under the most recent tax bill.

Keep in mind, however, that if you are MINING the coins in a business, you are not entitled to long-term capital gain rates because the mined coins will be treated like inventory and inventory is a special asset class for purposes of US tax law. You can do some fancy footwork to get around this, but it involves multiple related entities and is complicated enough to deserve professional consulting to find the most efficient chain or link of entities.  

Furthermore, if cryptocurrencies (or just Bitcoin) is ever classified formally as a COMMODITY instead of a SECURITY, no coins will be entitled to long-term capital gain treatment because commodities, like inventory, have their own set of weird rules which also disallows capital gain treatment for the purposes of US tax law.

Lampaster

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:15:45 PM

Bitcoin currently is taxed only by the South Korean govt. at a rate of around 23%. But tax can be collected merely on amount which you withdraw in exchanges. So the simple rule to save tax on all your crypto earnings is to store the bitcoins in a private key wallet where you don't need to do any KYC compliance. So you are anonymous just with your wallet address. But the problem is that you won't be able to get a fiat conversion of your bitcoins until you bring them to exchanges.

That is not correct, at the very least the US IRS has already released documents which clearly state that mining and trading BTC are taxable actions, the former incurring income tax and the latter incurring capital gains tax.
It does not happen. Even in the US you have to pay tax only after the exchange the bitcoin for Fiat. In order not to pay taxes it is enough that you are not using exchange. Perhaps in the future it will be possible to buy and sell goods with bitcoins. This saves us from having to pay taxes. To ban such deals will be difficult. Therefore, the government will be forced to accept the bitcoin currency.
berrymenalo

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:21:37 PM

It does not happen. Even in the US you have to pay tax only after the exchange the bitcoin for Fiat. In order not to pay taxes it is enough that you are not using exchange. Perhaps in the future it will be possible to buy and sell goods with bitcoins. This saves us from having to pay taxes. To ban such deals will be difficult. Therefore, the government will be forced to accept the bitcoin currency.

Please, no one in the US listen to this person. This is a blatant falsehood. People who mine cryptos realize a taxable event the moment a coin is mined (due to accounting difficulties, it is likely administratively acceptable to do this every 1 coin as opposed to for every miniscule block reward split among members in a pool). Even if the coin is not sold for fiat, IT IS TAXABLE.

Furthermore, exchanging the coin for something else of value (in whole or in part) is going to create a taxable event where you must calculate your basis and recognize the appropriate amount of gain at the time of the transaction, if this gain is on a capital asset and has been held for more than a year (such as Bitcoins held for personal investment by an individual), it will be entitled to favorable capital gains treatment. If, however, the coins are held in a pool by a partnership (LLCs included unless they make the check-the-box election) or S-Corp, the taxes must be paid on gain as of the last day of the partnership's taxable year. This is true EVEN IF the coins ARE NOT SOLD FOR FIAT OR OTHERWISE EXCHANGED FOR ANYTHING.

To the person I quoted, please don't give people bad advice. It's okay to say you don't know or you're not sure if you're right. But don't claim to be an expert on things you know nothing about because people might trust you, make a bad tax decision, and then blame cryptos on the whole for their problems. 

stomachgrowls

Activity: 2842
Merit: 768

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:29:15 PM

Bitcoin is a currency, not some solution to avoid paying taxes. The moment when people start using Bitcoin or any other

Crypto currency as a method to avoid paying taxes, then the government will step in and ban it. I would much rather pay the

taxes and be done with it, than sleeping with open eyes, waiting for the Police to raid my house in the middle of the night.

That is no way to live your life... rather pay those taxes.  Wink
I don't know why do people bother themselves on thinking that cryptocurrencies is the best way to avoid taxes.Just like being said this is not being created for solely on avoiding taxes but somehow it do have the features which you can actually do this thing but for a sensible citizen of a certain place you would really need to pay taxes.If you would really avoid and then suddenly being caught by them then fore sure you would end up behind bars.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
stantpro

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:56:27 PM
Merited by darkangel11 (1)

Government has enslaved people to continually work for them.The elites who
hijack political powers with their influence are the ones imposing these taxes.
This is the major reason decentralized block-chain technology came into fore
to eliminate the injustice of banks,government laws and restrictions observed
globally.If the tax is fair, well and good.But if very heavy and unfair, i simply
relocate to elsewhere for a better deal.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1129

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:45:15 PM

Government has enslaved people to continually work for them.The elites who
hijack political powers with their influence are the ones imposing these taxes.
This is the major reason decentralized block-chain technology came into fore
to eliminate the injustice of banks,government laws and restrictions observed
globally.If the tax is fair, well and good.But if very heavy and unfair, i simply
relocate to elsewhere for a better deal.
Taxation is everywhere which it will normally be asked by any government but the thing here is that on how they do gonna handle it if it would be following the right process or not.Abuse of this opportunity because of their power is common which they really the advantage on making money out of those tax this is why decentralization makes a buzz as of now where people do see the chance on changing something when it comes to tax.

darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:13:47 PM
Merited by mrcash02 (1)

It's even dangerous to put yourself fully against abusive taxes and to give hints to others about how to avoid them...

Last time I checked being against taxes wasn't a crime. It's my opinion that the system is flawed and taxes are nothing but an abuse of power. I'd like to see them put me in jail for being against the slavery they were so much against in their official statements, yet we're all living in a world of modern slavery.

Pay your taxes, social security, even if it means you won't be able to put food on your table. If not we'll put you in jail and supply the food clothes and clean sheets for you at the expense of other taxpayers (slaves). What kind of a system is this? Cheesy