Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:16:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cards are sold out everywhere and prices are crazy.  (Read 118 times)
Oper92 (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:59:11 PM

Cards are sold out everywhere and prices are crazy, I've been able to find only 1 x 1080 Aero OC at 630€. Should i take it or not?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MarkAz

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:16:05 PM

The simplest way to figure out your ROI would be to use Nicehash's profit calculator:

https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator/nvidia-gtx-1080?e=0.1&currency=USD

The advantage it has is that it just returns what they are roughly paying, and it's algorithm independent (or I should say, it reflects the most profitable algo).  I would say it's generally about 90% accurate, so based on your numbers:

Card in USD: $787
Per day profit: $4.49
Break even (ROI): 175 days

So then you make your own decision if you want to buy it or not... The big challenge with ANY calc is the longer the time horizon (in this case 175 days), the more likely it is to be wrong - because difficulty generally goes use (meaning you make less per day).  Now, coin value also goes up, so this may offset or even improve your ROI, but that's a big gamble, because it could also go down - but either way, it's a fast/simple way to get a rough idea.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:25:00 PM

It's not that calculator are wrong. Profit calculators are just showing profitability based on what you would receive if you cashed out the coins you mined at that moment. They can't predict what the profitablity will be the next day, the next hour or at the time you sell your coins. If BTC goes to $25K in 3 months or the coin you mine appreciated substantially before you sell, your ROI time frame for the coins you mine today will be much lower than what the calculator shows you, which is based on current profitability. Obviously if BTC or the coin you mine crashes, then the opposite is also true. You also have to account for the mining difficulty increasing over time cutting in to the amount of coins you can mine, but that is usually much more predictable than what the price will be in the future.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: