Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 03:23:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is Altcoin?  (Read 337 times)
Stasnislav11

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:59:57 PM

I'm a newbie here. I don't have any idea what altcoin is. Please help me to know about it. Thank you.
Are you seriously? Do not know what altcoin is? you are registered, about 3 months ago at the largest forum on cryptocurrency, and after a three-month stay here you did not find out what altcoin is?
I think that Pharmacist or his colleagues will consider the topic that you created
So, my advice to you, think a hundred times before creating a similar topic
manoj kumar k

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:01:50 PM

Expect bitcoin the other coins are considered as an alternative coins when the bitcoin value raises the other coins value will rise
mkmittalg

Activity: 200
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:12:04 PM

An Altcoin is nothing but any other coin like Bitcoin. Many alktercones present in the market are now like etheram, edoz etc.
Slash61

Activity: 633
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:04:09 PM

I'm a newbie here. I don't have any idea what altcoin is. Please help me to know about it. Thank you.
it's a good idea to create a thread here, but if you do not know what altcoin it is outrageous.
what are you doing during this forum? do you read?
it is an alternative coin that can be said like LTC, XRP, ETH etc.

Are you seriously? Do not know what altcoin is? you are registered, about 3 months ago at the largest forum on cryptocurrency, and after a three-month stay here you did not find out what altcoin is?
I think that Pharmacist or his colleagues will consider the topic that you created
So, my advice to you, think a hundred times before creating a similar topic
Relax, dude
OP does not seem to know reading is a bridge of science. for 3 months that he did just see it, even the activity he has just a few.

ItBeginInAfrica

Activity: 120
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:16:04 PM

You should buy Onion
Top 1 privacy coin in 2018
I will hit 100$ easily this year

yes, probably a good advice is to invest a little (or not so little) in DeepOnion.
There is a great community behind it and privacy will be a key element for TOP privacy coins in 2018 (and even after)

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
yubsep

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:17:44 PM

"Altcoin" is a combination of two words: "alt" and "coin"; alt is short for alternative and coin signifies currency. Thus together they imply a category of cryptocurrency that is alternative to the digital currency Bitcoin.
tarlok01

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:07:59 AM

Altcoins are the alternative cryptocurrencies which were launched after the success of Bitcoin. Generally, these are projected as a better substitutes to Bitcoin. The success of Bitcoin as the first peer-to-peer digital currency paved the way for many to follow.
derago21

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

Crypto Enthusiast!

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:18:31 AM

In other words, anything other than BTC can be called as an altcoin.
Haunebu

Activity: 3080
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:22:01 AM

Altcoins are the alternative cryptocurrencies which were launched after the success of Bitcoin. Generally, these are projected as a better substitutes to Bitcoin. The success of Bitcoin as the first peer-to-peer digital currency paved the way for many to follow.
This is a proper definition of altcoin. There are so many altcoins these days created for different purposes (Some are legit while some are meant to scam people) and more and more coins and tokens are being created on a regular basis. It is possible to earn huge profits from altcoins in the short term and long term when compared to bitcoin which is why many people tend to invest into altcoins.

What I do not understand is that the op could have easily learnt this simple piece of information by doing some research on this forum or checking other sources like google etc. Some people need to focus on researching before opening these kind of threads.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
LanaWinda

Activity: 241

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:44:00 AM

At the moment most people only use it for investment or for trading. The actual function as a means of payment online, conventional money substitute has not been so much in use. Perhaps because of its unstable value or deliberately made unstable, so people prefer investment options rather than being a means of payment.
But Altkoin is still quite popular among crypto and still very much use it.
Specialforce

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:51:11 AM

altcoin is the alternate currencies for the bitcoin like the reward on the ICO when the ICO is succesful and also the altcoin are not the one that not called bitcoin in short

cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:58:07 AM

Altcoins are what you trade to earn more bitcoins.  If you only have 1 bitcoin, it will always equal 1 bitcoin.  If you own altcoins and trade them for bitcoins, you could possibly end up with a lot more.  Any cryptocurrency other than bitcoin is an altcoin. 
dindadida

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:59:47 AM

Altcoin and its History. If we conclude Bitcoin's discussion from the introduction of Bitcoin, its history, to the concepts and how it works, then we will know that basically, Bitcoin is just one component part of the whole cryptographic-based digital currency ecosystem.
sicnarfkswiss

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:07:24 AM

Altcoin is an abbreviation for alternative bitcoin. Altcoins are referred to as Bitcoin alternatives because, at least to some extent, most altcoins hope to either replace or improve upon at least one Bitcoin component.
Luthfiyaaa

Activity: 468

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:12:39 AM

altcoin is an alternative coin. which means an alternative to bitcoin. This coin is cheap, easy to obtain and often keeps out altcoin altcoin new. Altcoin is any cryptocurrency or a token other than bitcoin. and some of them are based on their own blockchain
Wyne

Activity: 531
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:16:24 AM

Altcoin is a cryptocurrency created after the success of the bitcoin in the market.  Basically, altcoin is came from two words "alt" and "coin".  Alt is an acronym for alternate and coin which is basically a digital currency.  With its meaning alone, it signifies that it is created as an alternate or substitute for bitcoin.  

Basically, it is created with the same concept like bitcoin which is powered by blockchain technology.  Meaning, it also uses peer to peer and created through mining or solving complex mathematical equations.  It is also decentralize and volatile in nature meaning nobody controls it and it has the chance to pump up and down its value anytime.  The reason why most investors chooses altcoin nowadays is simply because it has a cheaper transaction fee compared to bitcoin.

Nowadays, there are many digital coins present in the market.  Each of them was created for a certain purpose which is to raise fund for a specific project.  Many coins are legitimate but the sad thing is there are also coins that is made to scam people.  So, we have to be careful prior to investing in any altcoin and check first its legitimacy.

Tanmoy98

Activity: 325

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:12:00 AM

An altcoin is any digital cryptocurrency similar to Bitcoin. The term is said to stand for “alternative to Bitcoin” and is used describe any cryptocurrency that is not a Bitcoin. ... Most popular altcoins use the same fundamental building blocks as Bitcoin.
jonahlife

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:14:57 AM

Altcoin means Alternative coins any coins or tokens that is not bitcoin. We need altcoins in crypto space as they are giving lots of oppurtunities and new technology. You can invest in alternative coins and join in campaign and airdrops to earn as well. We are in a prime time of cryptocurrency that is why there are lots of alternative coins that are coming.
redwhite037

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:30:01 AM

hello new man The altcoin is the bitcoin apart. This is the common name of any coin that appears in CMC. except King Bitcoin,
xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:31:28 AM

Hello Newbie, before knowing what altcoins is you need to know better about bitcoin first. There's nothing special about these altcoins and if you have good understanding on bitcoin then you will easily understand all the altcoins functioning. Hope the previous posts have given much idea on what is all about altcoins. Suggest you to visit http://lopp.net/bitcoin.html to understand A to Z about bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: