Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:34:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Get Blockchain Driver working with more than 8 Gpus? is there a way?  (Read 163 times)
treanski (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:39:12 PM

Hi,

does somebody know a way to get the good old driver working with more than 8 gpus?
i remember some time ago it was possible to mix 2 amd drivers to get 6 gpus working.

what i tried so far...

-install blockchain driver only
-> results in a bluescreen after some time, reboot only 8 gpus installed

-update installed blockchain driver to some 17.10.2 or later driver and rollback in device manager
-> all gpu gets blockchain driver installed but starting windows always ends up in bluescreen

-copy driver folder from bc driver to newer driver folder, or swap inf files
-> driver dont gets installed(some security check by amd i think)

-install driver with inf file from bc driver for single gpus
-> bluescreen on start

i dont have much hope but maybe somebody knows the trick...
why i want this? i have big rigs - 12gpus and blockchain is the only good driver for vega@cryptonight

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:32:09 PM

run linux with the linux blockchain driver?

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
treanski (OP)

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:26:52 PM

i tried but i dont like linux, everything complicated, bad undervolting options..on linux i have around 120-150watts/gpurig more powerdraw than windows..so thats no option for me

[YAZ]

Activity: 208
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:30:21 PM

So you are using Vega, right? How about your PSU wattage and efficiency? Yeah, devices driver would be our problems with Windows. Don't forget to patch pixel clock limit using atikmdag-patcher, it will take care of driver signature for Windows.

treanski (OP)

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:42:00 PM

So you are using Vega, right? How about your PSU wattage and efficiency? Yeah, devices driver would be our problems with Windows. Don't forget to patch pixel clock limit using atikmdag-patcher, it will take care of driver signature for Windows.

hmm thats could be worth a try with the patcher...thanks i´ll try later.
i have 2 1200watts platin rated psus/rig...i know overkill
i have rx 580´s and vegas mixed and want to keep rigs as big as possible because of efficiency(power for system only), vegas(56 with 64bios) draws around 140watts from the wall and doing 1430hs (980coreclock/1150memclock)

trooperx

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:09:12 PM

From my research, you can't.  The August blockchain driver will not run more than 8 GPUs.  Someone on this thread explains it...

https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/7guky1/can_you_run_more_than_8_amd_cards_with_blockchain/

AMD updated the kernel in 17.10+ to support > 8 GPUs on Windows10. Ethash/DaggerHashimoto mining efficiency is incorporated into the 17.11+ drivers, but not for CryptoNight or NeoScrypt.

If you're mining Ethash/DaggerHashimoto , then you can move to 17.10+

If you're mining CryptoNight/NeoScrypt, then stick with Aug23 blockchain drivers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: