View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ilnick

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:48:57 PM

Oh, of course, thank you.
For me, this is new and useful information.
If to launch this wallet on a separate device for transactions, safety will be about to the maximum.
Do I understand correctly?
Mevz

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:08:39 PM

I'm sure, that would be more helpfull to others who are getting problems with their wallet. However, I only use metamask it is more safer and Im satisfied with its service. But if I'm going to have any trouble with my wallet , I think that would be my last option.
AIRDROPSQUAD

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

PLAYHALL - SKILL GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:20:05 PM

I'm sure, that would be more helpfull to others who are getting problems with their wallet. However, I only use metamask it is more safer and Im satisfied with its service. But if I'm going to have any trouble with my wallet , I think that would be my last option.

Even you only use metamask, you still need myetherwallet to send tokens.

Hi,

Just wanted to share this as some people may not know yet that you can run MEW locally.
This should protect you from hijacked URLs and possible vulnerabilities of the MEW server where the webinterface is hosted.

This is the official guide on how to run MEW locally: https://myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/offline/running-myetherwallet-locally.html
(If you don't trust the link you can also find it in the last page of the instructions if you open the MEW website for the first time)

To download it just go to the ORIGINAL MyEtherWallet-Website and click on "Github: Latest Release" in the lower right corner.
There you can download "etherwallet-vX.XX.X.X.zip" (from the official github!).

However this DOESN'T PROTECT you from MALWARE on your computer!
So keep your computer free from malware, don't download any warez or visit suspicious links etc.

(Maybe running it on a second, fresh partition which is only used for transactions etc. may be a good idea)

The best way to store your coins safely would be a hardware-wallet which you should absolutely use for bigger amounts of money!

Hope this thread may help someone Smiley

Regards,
Nestade

Great, thanks man for the advice. I'll do that later, it's worth to try. Now,  i'm still not sure if my computer is free from virus or not.

bundo

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:28:52 PM

Very useful information for me ..Security is very important because it concerns digital assets, lack of understanding and control is very dangerous for all of us. thanks
IlfarIldarovich

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:29:42 PM

Yes, the most simple is to go to Myetherwallet through the addition Metamask , very comfortable and most importantly, your funds intact
zenhu

Activity: 645
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:29:58 PM

Even you only use metamask, you still need myetherwallet to send tokens.
You can use metamask to send token too, click token > addtoken > insert token contract, desimal and symbol. and you good to go. After all the safety and security is most important. so always make sure you have the backup for that wallet, and keep it safe.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
PLATINUM STABLECOINS
USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ

───────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK         TWITTER         TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Marnihughes82

Activity: 363
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:36:25 PM

Thanks for your sharing. I'm really worried about the security of mew wallet. I'm using MetaMask and hope it's good security
Valer4ik

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:25:18 AM

Thanks for the great advice, yes I saw the manual on the site of the MyEtherWallet, but after going to the site Github I did not find any files on the MAC
karik1987

Activity: 117
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:26:37 AM

Thanks for the great advice, yes I saw the manual on the site of the MyEtherWallet, but after going to the site Github I did not find any files on the MAC
Yes, I'm also interested in information for Mac .. if there is any information to tell me ..
Valer4ik

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:28:17 AM

Yes, I'm also interested in information for Mac .. if there is any information to tell me ..
Ha ha .... I will not tell you anything, I'm not your servant, but then the topic may be information and appear
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:30:36 AM

Hi,

Just wanted to share this as some people may not know yet that you can run MEW locally.
This should protect you from hijacked URLs and possible vulnerabilities of the MEW server where the webinterface is hosted.

This is the official guide on how to run MEW locally: https://myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/offline/running-myetherwallet-locally.html
(If you don't trust the link you can also find it in the last page of the instructions if you open the MEW website for the first time)

To download it just go to the ORIGINAL MyEtherWallet-Website and click on "Github: Latest Release" in the lower right corner.
There you can download "etherwallet-vX.XX.X.X.zip" (from the official github!).

However this DOESN'T PROTECT you from MALWARE on your computer!
So keep your computer free from malware, don't download any warez or visit suspicious links etc.

(Maybe running it on a second, fresh partition which is only used for transactions etc. may be a good idea)

The best way to store your coins safely would be a hardware-wallet which you should absolutely use for bigger amounts of money!

Hope this thread may help someone Smiley

Regards,
Nestade

Useful guide, especially for newbies. But still, I'm fully sure that if you have at least $500 in crypto it's absolutely necessery to buy and use hardware wallet. This would allow to keep all funds safely without any worry.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: