Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:28:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How do you feel about Merit Point System???
Happy
Chill As Usual
Not Happy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do You Feel About This New System??  (Read 2851 times)
vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:33:28 AM

Hey buddy, If you think they didnt contribute at all, just think about their time, energy, etc that is spent on this forum long before bitcoin has a good price, has a signature payment for this forum, and has a big name like now. They did a great job to spent their time and energy thus creating a “traffic” to this forum, and you think that is not a contribution? You dont even contribute a bit of your energy and time to search bitcoin back then when you thought it was a scam in the early year of bitcoin. If there are no early people who “plays” in this forum, i guess you wouldnt be here to get money for doing signature/bounty/etc.

"Buddy", do you mean it was enough for them to just create traffic for the almost 1.5 years needed to reach the hero rank before the merit system was implemented by shit posting? What do you think they contributed with other than "traffic"? It's not like bitcoin is just 1.5y old and they were pioneers, right?

How is this fair?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Deena

Activity: 238
Merit: 49

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:52:56 AM

Of course, this has been tried many times in the past already.  If you guys are going to openly invite scammers and spammers, it will be interesting to see how your forum handles them.

It is not me, but if I were to handle scammers at a forum it would be from clear set rules, honestly and objectively moderated by ethically mature moderators. Not though terror by a hypocritical low-ethics gang who scam themselves the hell out of the forum.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 09:56:15 AM

It is not me, but if I were to handle scammers at a forum it would be from clear set rules, honestly and objectively moderated by ethically mature moderators. Not though terror by a hypocritical low-ethics gang who scam themselves the hell out of the forum.

I like to think of myself as a honest and ethically mature member.  Do you have examples where I haven't been?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 10:03:06 AM

I'm starting to feel comfortable with the new merit system. I think I may be wrong in restricting awards to single points - it may be better to have a range between one and five. I suspect that my judgement was coloured by the fact that I only had a few sMerit to award, so I tended to be a bit sparing in giving them out.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Deena

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:18:25 AM

I like to think of myself as a honest and ethically mature member.  Do you have examples where I haven't been?

I have plenty of examples where members like Lauda, actmyname and The Pharmacist haven't been.

When you decide to have a moderating system based on subjective judgements (as is the case with the trust and merit systems) then you need to give the power in the hands of ethical mature members. When there are ethical immature members, as the ones mentioned above, you should either withhold them power or establish objective rules to which the moderators too must comply. Otherwise you'll get the pirate hole this forum is at present.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 05:49:02 PM

I have plenty of examples where members like Lauda, actmyname and The Pharmacist haven't been.

When you decide to have a moderating system based on subjective judgements (as is the case with the trust and merit systems) then you need to give the power in the hands of ethical mature members. When there are ethical immature members, as the ones mentioned above, you should either withhold them power or establish objective rules to which the moderators too must comply. Otherwise you'll get the pirate hole this forum is at present.

The trouble with your "ethical mature" system is that you're an immature whiny demagogue yourself so that kinda makes your idealistic scheme DOA. But by all means - let us know once your new ideal forum is up and running. I would love to see who those mature members are.
Deena

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:21:43 PM

The trouble with your "ethical mature" system is that you're an immature whiny demagogue yourself so that kinda makes your idealistic scheme DOA. But by all means - let us know once your new ideal forum is up and running. I would love to see who those mature members are.

It would definately not be you. Even objective members rebuked you for your childish posts.  Cheesy
WhaleSlayer

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:48:51 PM

You're making great posts and people like you will have no issue in 'ranking' up. It's just the lazies who got used to being able to fly through ranks just by posting the most generic of shitposts that are going to have great problems. If only they could be bothered putting the same amount of effort they do for the whining about the merit system into the regular posts they'd be no issue at all.

I have read the posts of Nullius and they are indeed extremely good. But he is an exception. The system should work for a decent majority, not only for the truly excellent ones. "people like you" you say, but there are a very few like Nullius, if at all. If only the truly excellent ones can "rank up", then you don't even need this system, you just can pick up that dozen people who is really excellent and give them a Legendary ad honorem rank and that's it. The system should allow a decent majority (or a decent minority) to rank up as if nothing had changed, and just put limits for the indecent minority (or indecent majority). There is still time to improve the system so that this is achieved.

I’m glad you appreciate my posts.  But what you say brings to mind something pertinent which has been sitting in my drafts pile for a few days.  The relevant part is that to “rank up”, it’s not necessary to earn merit at anywhere close to the rate I do.  I can often earn +20–30 per day.  Comparing merit and activity thresholds for rank, the system seems designed with an expectation that an ordinary, decent poster will earn on average about +1 per day.  That sounds reasonable, does it not?

It sound absolutely reasonable. I couldn't agree more. The day when every ordinary, decent poster (we are not speaking about the few excellent ones) will naturally get on average one merit a day or so (or a bit less, or bit more, of course), then the merit system will have perfectly succeeded in its mission. In fact listening to theymos it was designed for achieving this result. And I would already be happy the moment it would reach even half of that success.
jademacoy

Activity: 224
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:20:00 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (2)

I feel like being intimidated with some other members with higher rank and higher merits though I am not taking the new system as negative impact of those who are newbie like me. I was able to take the system positively that somehow I realized that these could be good to promote healthier system in bitcoin to avoid spammers and posting comments which are relatively poorly constructed. Anyway, since that it is being implemented I suggest that a newbie like me could also have a readily points of smerits so whenever we could read some informative facts on this forum we could help putting merits to those commendable post. I think it would be better that way so that newbie could give merits to the newbie also. I think in that areas it could be fair enough for all the members here in the forum.
vlad230

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:06:41 AM

I just came across this post and was amazed that this guy actually got 8 merits (!?!?!) (more than I have right now trying to do good quality posts & help people out - isn't this the whole point of a forum/community?).

This is a perfect example of what I was saying earlier about shit posters that are sr/hero/legendary members and they now have a "privileged" status compared to other newer members that want to help out and try to create good quality/positive posts. The interesting thing, that I did not think can happen, is that they also receive merits for it.... Come on...

Is this the path we want to take?
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 10:28:19 AM

I feel like being intimidated with some other members with higher rank and higher merits though I am not taking the new system as negative impact of those who are newbie like me. I was able to take the system positively that somehow I realized that these could be good to promote healthier system in bitcoin to avoid spammers and posting comments which are relatively poorly constructed. Anyway, since that it is being implemented I suggest that a newbie like me could also have a readily points of smerits so whenever we could read some informative facts on this forum we could help putting merits to those commendable post. I think it would be better that way so that newbie could give merits to the newbie also. I think in that areas it could be fair enough for all the members here in the forum.

I gave you 2 merits for that post, so now you have one sMerit to give away. Use it wisely. Smiley With this potential award, you can see the difficulty that we have in choosing who to award merits. Don't give it to the first post you see, but give it to the best one in your opinion.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Deena

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:57:50 PM

I just came across this post and was amazed that this guy actually got 8 merits (!?!?!) (more than I have right now trying to do good quality posts & help people out - isn't this the whole point of a forum/community?).

This is a perfect example of what I was saying earlier about shit posters that are sr/hero/legendary members and they now have a "privileged" status compared to other newer members that want to help out and try to create good quality/positive posts. The interesting thing, that I did not think can happen, is that they also receive merits for it.... Come on...

Is this the path we want to take?

You ain't seen nothing yet. Some forum gang member got 100+ merit only for calling someone a butthurt idiot.

And yes; that's the chosen path the forum is walking. Unfortunately.
vlad230

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:20:20 PM

You ain't seen nothing yet. Some forum gang member got 100+ merit only for calling someone a butthurt idiot.

And yes; that's the chosen path the forum is walking. Unfortunately.

OMG... I cannot believe this... I had so high hopes for this forum...
I think I'm seeing a pattern here, hope I'm wrong, but will wait to see how it's going to play out Wink
devormity

Activity: 83
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:50:56 PM

I honestly do not like the merit system a bit, because many other members who do not give awards to other members, of course other members also try to get it, especially to new members who merit his 0 or a little.
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:20:09 PM

I like the idea of merit. As I said in the main post I think it will help cut down useless posts and spam. It will also help fight against signature campaign fraud and account farming.

My only issue with the system is that I was 30 points away from becoming a hero member, but now, I will also have to wait for another 250 merit points. I think that they should have made the merit equal to activity for its introduction.
What is the idea of Merit by your opinion? Moderators announced it like the weapon of fighting against of shitposters, in a short word. So, by the idea only quality posts deserve a Merit. Don't want to hurt you, but I would not call this post as quality one. You simply told that you miss 250 merits to raise as member, so me too. I do not envy that somebody sent you merits for this conplainment and mine satyed without attention at all. The point of my talk is that the idea of merit, no matter how good it planned to be, doesn't work exactly as moderators thought. Simply people stay merits to whom they wish and the quality of posts doesn't play any role here. That's my opinion.
barsharkol12

Activity: 197
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:37:28 PM

not that happy, but i guess it better than the merit is not implemented. btt users now will make their post better and mostly helpful and to improve also the development of this community, also, to avoid useless topic and spammers. others will find it hard but later on they can adopt to this new merit system.
Randolf007

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

Adonx.one

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:06:54 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2018, 03:32:10 PM by Randolf007

Merit system is great for changing members to make better posts. But this system does not work well for some members, it seems that some do not care about newbie who make good post, only in riview there is no trace or just a sign of appreciation. the higher ranking should take a bit of time to see newbie posts that also want to get merit. because all the members want to go forward with the merit system or this new rule. hopefully in the future we can advance the world of cryptocurrency together.

◆▬▬▬◆Adonx.one◆▬▬▬◆
◆▬▬◆▬▬◆A New Exchange Era◆▬▬◆▬▬◆
◆▬▬▬◆▬▬▬◆BUY NOW!◆▬▬▬◆▬▬▬◆
galestorm

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Futurov

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:53:09 PM

I think its a smart move to avoid low quality posters from spamming their way up to their desired rank and it reduces the work of moderators in deleting useless posts, a task that is definitely time consuming. The merit system really justifies those who are usually taking their time to construct high quality posts, worthy of moving up to the next rank though for me, the merit system really is difficult because of the fact that ranking up will rely on those who will give you merits.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Naitik

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:15:09 PM

Yes there should be something to make difference between shitposters and quality posters.
I saw those low rank people who everyday tried to make quality posts. as they are still not good right now. But they try their best. oneday they will get the credit of this. If they don't give it up.
Merit system give something to explore.
 As i personally started to look different topic other than bitcoin discussion. Everyday i learn something new. As it may not be of that quality.
But i will not give up.
 Hats off to merit system.
condura150

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:26:14 PM

Hello People of Bitcointalk Forum. Greetings, my name is athanz88.

With the implementation of new system called "Merit Point System" today, there are lot of emotions going around the forum right now, especially in the meta section.

You can find about it more at :

As I'm not going to discuss about it here (because the discussion is happening on the thread i mentioned at the upper line), I want to propose a poll to a simple question, which is

How Do You Feel About The Merit Point System???

What I'm asking here is only your emotion about this new system (for the poll) and 1 line of your best reason why do you feel that way. Without any discussion in this thread.
I made this poll because it is good to know the statistic for new system as it can be used to do many things. You know, data, and the main thing is because there is no poll in the original thread.

So, please kindly do this polling.

Best regards, athanz88.

P.S : this poll and the statistic gathered is only for a demographic data and will not be used as a tool to object/deny the new implemented system. In fact, im happy with this new system. If this is wrong, please just kindly tell me to delete or lock this topic, and dont bash me Sad

UPDATE !!!

This is what i got from me thread in the first week of merit system applied. I got 100 votes in my thread.

Feel free to comment about it guys !

I feel neutral with the new system. I'm happy in a way that this may help reduce posts that are non-sense and people that keep on spamming. The new system is also good to avoid topics with no sense. I feel sad in a way that we will have to wait for our merit to increase before we could rank up, merits we receive really depends on other people, not all people give merits on a daily or usual basis, it might depend on luck or their time for us to give merits.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: