Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:38:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Value Hits $133 for the first time since May 26th  (Read 2652 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 05:10:42 AM

its 118 now  Sad

nope, its 129.485. As of right  now.

To be safe I always pick the lower value.

Mentally, I pick the highest exchange rate (MtGox) for knowing what my BTC is worth and look at the lowest going rate when I want to buy!   Roll Eyes

You consider the exchange's solvency when considering exchanging BTC for fiat?

Lol...of course...

So you base your worth on an exchange value of an exchange that may be insolvent? May as well be playing monopoly or using a demo MT4 trading account.

Have no clue where you are coming up with that??? Sounds more argumentive then anything.  Since I don't intend on selling for a really long time, it is irrelevant what exchanges exist today or what their financial stability is. Whenever I am ready to exchange BTC for fiat then I would of course consider those factors.  I just mentioned that I mentally look at the highest price when I evaluate my own BTC portfolio.  It would be sorta foolish to look at the cheapest rate.  I only look at cheapest rates when buying gas....thats because I intend to purchase it within the week.

The highest number price may not be in fact the highest real value to use when validating your net worth.

My previous post was questioning your logic given you brought up mtgox as having the highest price without mentioning whether or not you believe they are solvent or not.

I can't prove that gox is insolvent, but their shady business practices say otherwise.

Much like I wouldn't validate my hash rate and ROI based on BFL's new monarch card which has yet to exist in the real world in its hash rate as well as just existing for a customer to touch.

Just because someone posts a value they are buying or selling at does not mean that is an actual value you can cash out at. eBay is a good example of this.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: