Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:38:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When can I expect my coins to recover? Feeling very depressed...  (Read 862 times)
quickie69 (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:50:52 PM

I am pretty new. I bought in all my coins on January 9th and it is hard seeing all of my coins in red. Every one of them is still down 40%-60% and I am wondering if will ever recover? The problem is that I am not sure if the projects I invested in are simply under-performing or I just entered at a terrible time.  Cry

These are the coins I bought and hodling ($500 invested each into btc, eth, and ltc and $120 invested each into the other altcoins):

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Icon, Neo, Dragonchain, Wabi, Enigma, ETHLend, bounty0x, Po.et, Substratum, Neblio, UTrust, Medibloc, Enjincoin

Realistically, when should I expect to recover? I am scared that I am going to be in this bloodbath for long time and make no profit. I want to make at least $1000 profit by June-July to visit my grandfather in Korea to buy plane ticket. Please help. It is very hard to be patient. When will I see some light  Huh
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:57:49 PM

Sorry but you entered at the worst time.  That is when my portfolio was at it's all time high (ATH).  Like you, my portfolio got hit 60% a week after but it recovered some already and earned some of that back and I am at 60% of my ATH.

I believe it will recover but might take months to go back to those levels.

Just HODL and wait.  In the mean time, I watch the dips and invest more when I can.
blackprince542

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:59:30 PM

Hang in there bud
DaedRik3

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:08:57 PM

It's sad but investing is not for all of us.

NEVER INVEST WHAT YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO LOSE.

It's not a game.
KylesmomisaB

Activity: 194

Toplancer.co | PreSale is LIVE | Get Your Bonus

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:20:12 PM

You can't expect to make money first of all by a certain deadline this isn't how things work, but second and more importantly if you do hang tight you should be whole in not a long while. But last and probably most important if you feel scared and stressed you likely put too much money into it. Put less in so you don't feel the effect of losing and winning.

TOPLANCER.CO
Zero commission, Escrow payment & Dispute Settlements
PreSale GET YOUR BONUS JOIN NOW
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:30:11 PM

You should invest only what you can lose. And never expect an immediate gain. You can only wait for the moment.
sorrysteve1

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:44:16 PM

I am pretty new. I bought in all my coins on January 9th and it is hard seeing all of my coins in red. Every one of them is still down 40%-60% and I am wondering if will ever recover? The problem is that I am not sure if the projects I invested in are simply under-performing or I just entered at a terrible time.  Cry

These are the coins I bought and hodling ($500 invested each into btc, eth, and ltc and $120 invested each into the other altcoins):

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Icon, Neo, Dragonchain, Wabi, Enigma, ETHLend, bounty0x, Po.et, Substratum, Neblio, UTrust, Medibloc, Enjincoin

Realistically, when should I expect to recover? I am scared that I am going to be in this bloodbath for long time and make no profit. I want to make at least $1000 profit by June-July to visit my grandfather in Korea to buy plane ticket. Please help. It is very hard to be patient. When will I see some light  Huh

You made a pretty newbie mistake in buying near to the top, now the worst thing you can do would be to make another newbie mistake and sell at the bottom. I think we're about there now and you just need to play the waiting game. The recovery will begin, everything always goes in cycles. Once January is out of the way I think you'll start to see the occasional increase. Do not expect a sharp recovery, it will probably be slow and bumpy but if you stay strong then you'll get there.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Ebalt

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:44:24 PM

Telling you not to invest more than you can afford to lose is probably not helpful at this stage because it's too late but serves to warn others.

Personally I agree with the post above that said it may take months to recover to ATH but am certain it will.

Think NEO and ETH will hit their ATH before BTC, but firmly believe BTC will spike later this year.

As for the rest of your portfolio it looks fairly decent with the exception of a few of the low cap ones and they will almost definitely pump and dump at some point so just wait for that and exchange them for top coins at the peak of the pump (easier said than done).

Best of luck. I had BTC and ETH last year and got into Alts end of December. Biggest regret was not selling TRON when it pumped
kamnibal

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:59:16 PM

you invested at wrong time, but the good you can take is a lesson. Keep it and you will be wise. Follow the trend and invest when all is down
muenze

Activity: 224
Merit: 157

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:04:41 PM

You made the classic noob mistake. You went into all the stuff thats already high and had giant gains. Like Neblio I got for $5 or so.. You paid $27? ..... See your mistake? You should go in coins that are still low. I made like 30% in the time you only lost money despite the market going up and down only.

Currently I am suggesting this as its probably going to rise. I dont suggest you going all in with it, and probably you make the 2nd noob mistake of holding on to your shitcoins instead of putting it into projects that actually have a good chance to go up a lot .....

but here it is anyways.. i expect this to go x20-x50 soon when they launch and announce their first partnerships-.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818552.0

It was amazing to be part of Bitcointalk for a little while. Thankyou. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5316241.0
quickie69 (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:15:32 PM

You made the classic noob mistake. You went into all the stuff thats already high and had giant gains. Like Neblio I got for $5 or so.. You paid $27? ..... See your mistake? You should go in coins that are still low. I made like 30% in the time you only lost money despite the market going up and down only.

Currently I am suggesting this as its probably going to rise. I dont suggest you going all in with it, and probably you make the 2nd noob mistake of holding on to your shitcoins instead of putting it into projects that actually have a good chance to go up a lot .....

but here it is anyways.. i expect this to go x20-x50 soon when they launch and announce their first partnerships-.

why do you call the altcoins i am holding, shitcoins? i've spent fair amount of time doing my research. all of them are promising projects, especially sub and wabi
therealj

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:37:37 PM

Don't sweat it, it's all part of the learning process. I joined this world in Sept/Oct, bought a bunch of coins that were at their ATH, and then everyone started selling off for the BTC fork, my coins all dropped and after 30 days I was sitting at a loss. Fast forward a couple months and all my coins grew like crazy over Nov-first week of Jan. Just hold, keep researching and don't sell anything at a loss.
muenze

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:39:10 PM

why do you call the altcoins i am holding, shitcoins? i've spent fair amount of time doing my research. all of them are promising projects, especially sub and wabi

It just makes no sense to buy high and think you will make profit. Especially not in this market. So with shitcoins I more mean that you just overpaid. I mean you can see in you losing money that its shitcoins to you, right? Like see ETH.... Dont you realize millions of people got ETH cheaper than you? Some for 10 cent? How naive is crypto investors they think they can ever make a profit before all the millions who got thousands of ETH for cheap? They will all cash out before you... And for every $10k out ... 10 new naive investors like you must get in again with 1k..... and thats why ETH is barely moving up because so many people got it cheap and collect their earnings and the higher it gets, the less sheep can be found. Why are you (and millions of others) so blind? Isnt it COMMON SENSE since thousands of years to buy cheap and sell high not the other way around ?

Meanwhile as you and 99% of the market lose money I invested in DATA(dta) and IOSTOKEN and others and some are already up 100% in the last 7 days, and some muchmore than that. I just sold a coin with x15 profit despite the market currently. Thats why I say you need to buy cheap even if 99% of crypto market dont believe me and only loses like in goldrush times and in dotcom bubble 99% always lose money because they are naive sheeps following the herd -.....next to blow up is spacechain,but keep playing it safe in the big bubble coins LOL

It was amazing to be part of Bitcointalk for a little while. Thankyou. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5316241.0
Biscutard

Activity: 758
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:47:42 PM

You have to set a month(s) to sell your altcoins so you can't be bothered to look at the down range causing of the price correction. Holding your coins and setting a goals on what month you will be going to sell it but of course it will depends on what price would it be at the time you were going to sell it.
Herad Hedid

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

Altair VR. Next-gen Blockchain VR Wikipedia

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:53:31 PM

I think you shouldn't be too depressed because you lost some money. This marked taught us that it will go up after some time.

Metarhorn

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:58:43 PM

Most of us got through the same situation. But everything will be ok. Market recovery will start soon.
In February it will start and in March we will have a nice situation. Just hold my friend Smiley
WalkinRobbie

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:59:03 PM

i totally agree with meunez  above and I missed the boat everywhere.

So now I feel I gotta get mines, so im looking and its like,  it seems if the coin has broken $1, then its way too late,  im starting to think if they break .10 then youre way too late.    Makes me sick seeing how low some of this stuff was a few years ago even last year and the crypto boat has pretty much sailed on everything on that top 40 list.  

It seems you gotta catch these coins before they break .10 in order to be able to make decent money if they ever break $1 and so on.  But its like if you invest in a coin that already $10,   then $100 will only get you 10 and if that hits $100 that 10x but that seems like such a long shot now

but  something .004  seems a lot easier for that to 100x.   Even if you get the discout (i guess) for the bigs like eth at $800.  how many does a new investor have to invest to buy at that price.  

IT must be a wonderland for all the people who got paid off big last year on alts and bitcoins, cause now they can just get in for a lot on any new coin and so on.    the more I look the more I realized that theyre maybe no getting on this boat anymore.  Just gonna gamble on the low coins and hope something big happens.  
swaptaker

Activity: 187

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:04:08 PM

I only don't know ETHLend here. The rest of your coins are good and solid ones. They will be making price recovery with time, wait patiently, this is the thing you need to do now.
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:05:01 PM

It just makes no sense to buy high and think you will make profit. Especially not in this market. So with shitcoins I more mean that you just overpaid. I mean you can see in you losing money that its shitcoins to you, right? Like see ETH.... Dont you realize millions of people got ETH cheaper than you? Some for 10 cent? How naive is crypto investors they think they can ever make a profit before all the millions who got thousands of ETH for cheap? They will all cash out before you... And for every $10k out ... 10 new naive investors like you must get in again with 1k..... and thats why ETH is barely moving up because so many people got it cheap and collect their earnings and the higher it gets, the less sheep can be found. Why are you (and millions of others) so blind? Isnt it COMMON SENSE since thousands of years to buy cheap and sell high not the other way around ?

Meanwhile as you and 99% of the market lose money I invested in DATA(dta) and IOSTOKEN and others and some are already up 100% in the last 7 days, and some muchmore than that. I just sold a coin with x15 profit despite the market currently. Thats why I say you need to buy cheap even if 99% of crypto market dont believe me and only loses like in goldrush times and in dotcom bubble 99% always lose money because they are naive sheeps following the herd -.....next to blow up is spacechain,but keep playing it safe in the big bubble coins LOL

I disagree.

Using ETH and BTC as example...you concentrate on the price where it is already at it's ATH.  Can you say the same when it was $10, $20, $50, $200?

When was it high enough NOT to buy?  How can you say the new alts are already at their ATH?  No one knows that is why we speculate.
muenze

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:06:55 PM

i totally agree with meunez  above and I missed the boat everywhere.

So now I feel I gotta get mines, so im looking and its like,  it seems if the coin has broken $1, then its way too late,  im starting to think if they break .10 then youre way too late.    Makes me sick seeing how low some of this stuff was a few years ago even last year and the crypto boat has pretty much sailed on everything on that top 40 list.  

It seems you gotta catch these coins before they break .10 in order to be able to make decent money if they ever break $1 and so on.  But its like if you invest in a coin that already $10,   then $100 will only get you 10 and if that hits $100 that 10x but that seems like such a long shot now

but  something .004  seems a lot easier for that to 100x.   Even if you get the discout (i guess) for the bigs like eth at $800.  how many does a new investor have to invest to buy at that price.  

IT must be a wonderland for all the people who got paid off big last year on alts and bitcoins, cause now they can just get in for a lot on any new coin and so on.    the more I look the more I realized that theyre maybe no getting on this boat anymore.  Just gonna gamble on the low coins and hope something big happens.  

Thanks for the compliment, but its not too late. I have made insane profits from altcoins and I only started a few months ago when Bitcoin was like $5000. You are making one mistake. While I do like coins for $0.001 thats not really the correct indicator. The correct indicator is market capitalization. So lets say some coin got only 100.000 coins , it might still be cheap even at $50 or $500.

For something as Ripple, or ETH to double now, it will need many, many billions of dollars. And you have to consider all the millions of people who got it cheaper than you. But its still revolutionary times, the next big ripple, big ETH, might just be coming out and if its valued at lets say $100 million, and only another $100 million gets in, you will have doubled your money. If a billion $ gets in, you have x10 your money. While as for ETH; to double your money, $100 BILLION would need to get in.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: