Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:00:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MERIT - A DEFINITION OF, RICH PEOPLE BECOME RICHER, POOR PEOPLE MAINTAIN POOR  (Read 2630 times)
Durr_1412 (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:48:37 PM

You're essentially complaining that you have to make high-quality posts in order to participate in signature campaigns.
If you want to talk about unfair, think about the Hero Members that have created high-quality posts in the past yet are now bummed out of Legendary status because they're 500 merits away.

Now I wonder who that can be? Smiley

What I am seeing is that people still seems to consider Bitcoin as a form of employment, and Bitcoin Talk as an employment bureau and a recruitment medium. It would be great if we could go back to discussing the Bitcoin system, and the way we can use, optimise and expand it. For example it would be really useful if the escrow possibilities were explored, and gained public acceptance.

I love this idea.

Make a vote for any new system coming.

Don't act like a COMMUNIST country, president give the law and people only can follow without any right for agree or disagree.

In this case, you are pretty the same, BITCOINTALK DEVS.

Dude, it's a discussion forum, where one can easily choose to not participate in. Don't like it? There's the subreddit, bitcoingarden, etc.

I'm a Full Member - can I agree that it's a good system?  Tongue

Let me worry about that, I am working on that part.

Soon or later the decision will be made.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 06:49:31 PM

TWO LEGENDARY come saying.
I hope listen to more, and look forward how Newbee say.
I'm not a legendary, am I allowed to agree with them?

Woohoo one of them is me
You've got 24 hours Wink

Hello non legendary..  I am not either.. have been on here for 5 years.. but not as close to legendary as you.. but guess what I am not pissed off either.. why? cos I either use this place to trade or learn and if I want to learn I value decent posts..

I hate shit posters in the alt sections, kids who cant rub 100 satoshi together talking about portfolios.. and the latest MOON X 1000 coin..

this will reduce the shitposts.. and I really believe that Merit will be used in the future as credibility in campaigns... this will take over from Hero/Legendary and it will be all about 2K plus merit or 5K plus.. as the quality of posts improve then it makes campaign managers jobs easier..

all in all the forum will be a better place..

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
CryptiDiiiva

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 06:50:39 PM

I don't agree with this system.

You are creating the definition of "Rich people maintain rich, poor people will be poor forever."

Example: if you was in bitcointalk forum a few years ago, you posted a lot of under-quality posts and you earned Legendary Rank, so it is unfair with new people joining this forum now.

And a lot of projects need bitcointalk rank level such as bitsend airdrop (need Legendary rank), so it is much harder if this new system running.

If you are trying creating a block and keep your high rank level people safety, you are successful. Congrat to devs.

And I lose my faith in this forum. I will still read and post in this forum but not in supporting anymore.

If a new forum created and quality much better than you, I will go a new place.

Good luck with your Merit score and congratulation to those who reached Legendary rank one more time (by now, they are get the most benefit of all thing in this crypto-world).

i'm Totally agree with that,  I'm trying to develop my Activity over there, then i figure out that the number of activities is stable since 3 days now!! Nothing is changing since then !! for Newbies it'll take us another eternity to be full member or even Member....
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 06:52:04 PM

You are creating the definition of "Rich people maintain rich, poor people will be poor forever."

Example: if you was in bitcointalk forum a few years ago, you posted a lot of under-quality posts and you earned Legendary Rank, so it is unfair with new people joining this forum now.

And a lot of projects need bitcointalk rank level such as bitsend airdrop (need Legendary rank), so it is much harder if this new system running.

If you are trying creating a block and keep your high rank level people safety, you are successful. Congrat to devs.

And I lose my faith in this forum. I will still read and post in this forum but not in supporting anymore.

Good luck with your Merit score and congratulation to those who reached Legendary rank one more time (by now, they are get the most benefit of all thing in this crypto-world).

i'm Totally agree with that,  I'm trying to develop my Activity over there, then i figure out that the number of activities is stable since 3 days now!! Nothing is changing since then !! for Newbies it'll take us another eternity to be full member or even Member....

not if you contribute.. what are you people not understanding??

be a positive part of the community and the sources will reward you... simples..

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
DarkStar_alt

Activity: 174
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 06:52:24 PM

Let me worry about that, I am working on that part.

Soon or later the decision will be made.

Worry about what exactly?

Unrelated to the merit system. You can only gain 14 activity every 2 weeks, which is why it's not going up. If you make good posts, it shouldn't be that hard to reach the 10 merit required for Member.

DO NOT Trade with this account - it is less secure than my normal account
For any inquires, I'd prefer if you PMed my normal account (DarkStar_) for a faster response.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 06:52:31 PM

Haha, Im at 910 activity and got knocked back to hero for eternity now. Cant say it will bother me too much. They should have just reset everyone back to 0 though, that way we wouldnt have any artificial merit.

gopaljiverma

Activity: 93
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:52:36 PM

You're essentially complaining that you have to make high-quality posts in order to participate in signature campaigns.
If you want to talk about unfair, think about the Hero Members that have created high-quality posts in the past yet are now bummed out of Legendary status because they're 500 merits away.

Now I wonder who that can be? Smiley

What I am seeing is that people still seems to consider Bitcoin as a form of employment, and Bitcoin Talk as an employment bureau and a recruitment medium. It would be great if we could go back to discussing the Bitcoin system, and the way we can use, optimise and expand it. For example it would be really useful if the escrow possibilities were explored, and gained public acceptance.

I love this idea.

Make a vote for any new system coming.

Don't act like a COMMUNIST country, president give the law and people only can follow without any right for agree or disagree.

In this case, you are pretty the same, BITCOINTALK DEVS.

If decisions are taken based on voting system, it will be in favor of those in majority. This will then go in favor of lower rank members I guess who will never agree for this kind of change. I think this is too early to conclude, we should see how this goes for a month or so.
tambenile

Activity: 64
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:56:55 PM

At first, it seems to be unfair. However, just think and observe at the forum. Most of the posts were just senseless and obviously were just meant to do the required weekly posts or just to boost ranks. I really think the main aim of this forum is for crypto users to learn, share ideas and at the same time to earn (airdrop or camps.) Of course, I wouldn't wash my hands because at first I was just trying to post for the same reason, however, as I stayed longer, it's obviously not worth reading some of the posts and would be a waste of time reading some of the threads because of most users abuse lax community rules and regulations. I admit it too, that the new system  will be difficult for us to achieve higher rank, but take it a good way to learn and to work harder.

I agree with you in part of not worth reading some spam.

However, if devs want to create such as Merit thing, THEY SHOULD INVENT ONE MORE LEVEL HIGHER THAN LEGENDARY. So everyone work for that. In this topic, "Do you think those Legendary people feel comfortable, free, happy and lucky about this merit score come out?"
Legendaries and hero members are at the safe zone now, why would they care about us ? The only thing they are willing to care about is their position. The fact is 99% Hero members and Legendaries feel happy about this merit system even some of them are under-quality posts Smiley. As i saw, there at least dozens hero members and legendaries made 20 posts today but none of them were merited. How sad is this system ? It's a game for "old club boys" not for newcomers like us. Smiley
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 07:00:53 PM

Haha, Im at 910 activity and got knocked back to hero for eternity now. Cant say it will bother me too much.
You are literally bothered by it, as shown here:

They should have just reset everyone back to 0 though, that way we wouldnt have any artificial merit.

Legendaries and hero members are at the safe zone now, why would they care about us ?
We don't care about shitposters, that's correct.

The only thing they are willing to care about is their position.
Wrong.

The fact is 99% Hero members and Legendaries feel happy about this merit system even some of them are under-quality posts Smiley.
Obviously. The rank has nothing to do with posting quality (before this new system).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Durr_1412 (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:00:57 PM

not if you contribute.. what are you people not understanding??

be a positive part of the community and the sources will reward you... simples..

Contribute?

How much do you want to contribute?

And what did LEGENDERIES contribute?

Most of people in this forum used to post a little shitty post.

So you mean the early one posted them is counted, and the later one won't be counted.

Contribute??? Haha

Think before saying
tambenile

Activity: 64
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:04:36 PM

Legendaries and hero members are at the safe zone now, why would they care about us ?

It's okay , Lauda. I think your life is fulfilled of shits , everything you've said are all about shits. Okay then...
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 07:10:18 PM

Haha, Im at 910 activity and got knocked back to hero for eternity now. Cant say it will bother me too much.

They should have just reset everyone back to 0 though, that way we wouldnt have any artificial merit.

Wrong.

The fact is 99% Hero members and Legendaries feel happy about this merit system even some of them are under-quality posts Smiley.
Obviously. The rank has nothing to do with posting quality (before this new system).

I posted here showing that i missed out on legendary but im not complaining about the merit system yet you throw an attack on me? All i ever see you doing is shit talking other people, sometimes it pays to be polite.

Im hero as it is, legendary would give me no more advantage over being a hero since if you check my posts i rarely post here anymore and the sig i wear stopped paying out months ago.

Durr_1412 (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:15:00 PM

Wrong.

I posted here showing that i missed out on legendary but im not complaining about the merit system yet you throw an attack on me? All i ever see you doing is shit talking other people, sometimes it pays to be polite.

Im hero as it is, legendary would give me no more advantage over being a hero since if you check my posts i rarely post here anymore and the sig i wear stopped paying out months ago.

Because he is on the happy zone and feeling happy for that.

I am just saying my opinion and let devs think about that.
What would bother them?
Are they afraid of my idea, creating a new higher level so they have to work their ass for it. No one know, except themselves.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 07:20:00 PM

Legendaries and hero members are at the safe zone now, why would they care about us ? The only thing they are willing to care about is their position. The fact is 99% Hero members and Legendaries feel happy about this merit system even some of them are under-quality posts Smiley. As i saw, there at least dozens hero members and legendaries made 20 posts today but none of them were merited. How sad is this system ? It's a game for "old club boys" not for newcomers like us. Smiley

The only part of "old club boys" that describe me is "old". I think I've tried to buck received opinion too much to be a part of the elite. - see my posts about REDUCING blocksize, and shortening transaction generation time for example. Despite this, I seem to have picked up 5 merit points for mouthing off about the "system". Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
jhean_arcane

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:25:26 PM
Merited by theymos (1)

This is ridiculous. So what if some legendaries and heroes posted shit-posts to get their rank? Who says the world is a fair place, anyway? Why are you even focusing on that? Theymos is aware of that that's why this merit system is created so as to prevent more people leveling up through spamming.  Aren't you glad that the merit system is finally here to make this forum better? Suck it up and contribute quality posts next time. When I was a newbie here, it was so ridiculously hard to look for straight forward answers because there are a lot of spam posts. Now lets just follow rules and move on. Let's hope spammers get their dose of poison through this.

█ ▌▐▐ KEPLER // BRINGING AI & ROBOTICS TO THE BLOCKCHAIN▐ ▌▐ █ (http://keplertek.org/#)
smith4cris

Activity: 238
Merit: 6

Some people live their dreams...destiny passes by.

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:42:16 PM
Merited by theymos (2), TMAN (2)

The intention, to eliminate the tension. Stopping shitty posts and spamming posts from the newbie community. Attention, is it not like giving us a detention. Instead of making progress we are given a cross section. I'm not saying its not right, I'm not saying it's not wrong. What I am saying is our growth will be a bit hindered and slowed. Change, is it relevant? Merits are they relevant? One thing is for sure we will be seeing more of newbies, posting here and there trying to earn more of a little merit. The intention, to eliminate the tension.

L I N A   R E V I E W   ⚫●.  __COMMUNITY-DRIVEN REVIEW PLATFORM__
█ ▌   PARTICIPATE NOW   ▐ █ (https://lina.review)
Durr_1412 (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:43:51 PM

This is ridiculous. So what if some legendaries and heroes posted shit-posts to get their rank? Who says the world is a fair place, anyway? Why are you even focusing on that? Theymos is aware of that that's why this merit system is created so as to prevent more people leveling up through spamming.  Aren't you glad that the merit system is finally here to make this forum better? Suck it up and contribute quality posts next time. When I was a newbie here, it was so ridiculously hard to look for straight forward answers because there are a lot of spam posts. Now lets just follow rules and move on. Let's hope spammers get their dose of poison through this.

You are ridiculous.
Are you sure next time you make a question and the spam posts won't come out.
Prove it now, this new system is running.
Shitty talk happens anywhere.
You can't avoid that.
And I am saying in this topic is the unfair merit system for Legendary rank.
Are you out of topic?
Durr_1412 (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:46:15 PM

The intention, to eliminate the tension. Stopping shitty posts and spamming posts from the newbie community. Attention, is it not like giving us a detention. Instead of making progress we are given a cross section. I'm not saying its not right, I'm not saying it's not wrong. What I am saying is our growth will be a bit hindered and slowed. Change, is it relevant? Merits are they relevant? One thing is for sure we will be seeing more of newbies, posting here and there trying to earn more of a little merit. The intention, to eliminate the tension.

No one giving merit score here, even you. Did you give anyone higher rank than newbies merit score?
We are discussing the unfair system.
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 6247

Blackjack.fun

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:47:59 PM

So at first you're accusing the system of not being correct at distributing the "wealth" between members....
Then ..

Don't act like a COMMUNIST country,

...so can you please make your mind what system we should adopt ?

I'm a Full Member - can I agree that it's a good system?  Tongue
I see what you did there  Grin darkstar=lauda=lutpin=theymos

It's okay , Lauda. I think your life is fulfilled of shits , everything you've said are all about shits. Okay then...

For a newbie account you seem to have taken quite a familiar liking to Lauda.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 07:51:16 PM

Instead of complaining, offer something better than Merit system what can help to fight with spammers, account farmers and etc. It's always easy to reject someones' ideas when it's not perfect.
In my view, eveything is fair. I think it's something similar with Bitcoin price. You can blame yourself if you didn't bought BTC when it was worth $200 or $500. Same with people who joined Bitcointalk earlier. You are right, man of these people reached high ranks by spamming and making low quality posts. But now some DT members are doing pretty good job by tagging shitposters.
And why someone should really care that you will be not able to participate in Bitsend airdrop and that many new members wont be able to take part in signature campaigns. If you want to benefit from these campaigns, just make high quality posts and you will get more or less Merit points, where is the problem?
I don't know what do you exactly mean that you wont support forum anymore?
I'm a Full Member - can I agree that it's a good system?  Tongue
But you are Legendary... :/

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: