Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:41:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MERIT - A DEFINITION OF, RICH PEOPLE BECOME RICHER, POOR PEOPLE MAINTAIN POOR  (Read 2630 times)
8count

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:29:02 AM

There's no correlation between amount of merit with poor/rich. For member with high rank, it's their reward for join in this forum earlier, just like early investor who got advantage. Also, main goal of this forum is to discuss Bitcoin (and altcoin), not join project which require high rank.
Maybe remove signature is better idea than add merit system so no one would complain about unfair/disadvantage between ranks Roll Eyes

If you're looking for another cryptocurrency, r/bitcoin and r/cryptocurrency are perfect place from you as long as you avoid controversial or bait topics.

It's funny because I was noticing a lot of legendary members writing on the first page about the main goal of the forum is to discuss Bitcoin and Altcoin and it got me thinking.

I'm guessing but I would say 90% of the members on this forum now are here to make money in one way or another. Examples being bounties, airdrops, services and product selling.

So the merit system is brought in to encourage good high quality posting by members which has seen a decline with the increase number of people posting for rewards.

But now we are starting to see services pop up to sell/trade merit for money or return merit.

I'm not a smart man but it would seem like the smartest move to make this forum just about discussing bitcoin and altcoins would be to delete the bounty page to start with and to ban members who sell any type of service or goods on the forum??

But then again you would lose 90% of your members and bitcointalk itself wouldn't make money  Wink
So is Bitcointalk now really for general Bitcoin and Altcoin talk?

But hey, I'm just a poor man with a opinion.

Nobody is into crypto to become poorer but nowhere near 90% of the users is responsible for bad quality posting. I don't see how people who are selling services, goods and collectibles are even related to the point you're trying to make.

Not sure if you read it properly not once did i mention bad quality posting. I get sick of seeing spam none readable post myself. I was referring to the fact that it was commonly said that the forum was about discussing bitcoin and altcoins and gave a opinion on how it could easily be fix to take it back to that.
But thank you for your reply.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Thule

Activity: 938
Merit: 276

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:33:29 AM

There's no correlation between amount of merit with poor/rich. For member with high rank, it's their reward for join in this forum earlier, just like early investor who got advantage. Also, main goal of this forum is to discuss Bitcoin (and altcoin), not join project which require high rank.
Maybe remove signature is better idea than add merit system so no one would complain about unfair/disadvantage between ranks Roll Eyes

If you're looking for another cryptocurrency, r/bitcoin and r/cryptocurrency are perfect place from you as long as you avoid controversial or bait topics.

It's funny because I was noticing a lot of legendary members writing on the first page about the main goal of the forum is to discuss Bitcoin and Altcoin and it got me thinking.

I'm guessing but I would say 90% of the members on this forum now are here to make money in one way or another. Examples being bounties, airdrops, services and product selling.

So the merit system is brought in to encourage good high quality posting by members which has seen a decline with the increase number of people posting for rewards.

But now we are starting to see services pop up to sell/trade merit for money or return merit.

I'm not a smart man but it would seem like the smartest move to make this forum just about discussing bitcoin and altcoins would be to delete the bounty page to start with and to ban members who sell any type of service or goods on the forum??

But then again you would lose 90% of your members and bitcointalk itself wouldn't make money  Wink
So is Bitcointalk now really for general Bitcoin and Altcoin talk?

But hey, I'm just a poor man with a opinion.

Nobody is into crypto to become poorer but nowhere near 90% of the users is responsible for bad quality posting. I don't see how people who are selling services, goods and collectibles are even related to the point you're trying to make.

This would make that 3/4 would move to another board where the bounties and ITO's will be listed and more important all legandary stop making money WHICH they won't let happen EVER !!!!.They love the bounty and make themself most profit and the claim to destroy people to increase quality is just poor BS.
Its about destroying competition and gaining control.
Its a fight to gain a bigger share and NOTHING MORE
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 11:49:17 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (1), InvoKing (1)

snip

This would make that 3/4 would move to another board where the bounties and ITO's will be listed and more important all legandary stop making money WHICH they won't let happen EVER !!!!.They love the bounty and make themself most profit and the claim to destroy people to increase quality is just poor BS.
Its about destroying competition and gaining control.
Its a fight to gain a bigger share and NOTHING MORE

so you think that anyone who speaks English fluently at a rank of Hero or Legendary only wants to keep the merit system as it stops people progressing?

Dude - get back on the drugs, take off your tinfoil hat and go get a fucking Job.. please you would do yourself no end of favors, go for a walk outside, go sit in a bar.. actually I recommend you go sit in a bar and try to explain to someone how unfair life is as you joined a forum to make mad internet moniez.. but this fucker Lauda fucked you up with a negative, then this dictator Theymos changed the rulez.. then this prick called TMAN came along and was racist..

Go do that and I hope to fuck you get punched square on the nose, as that is what I would like for someone to do to you right now.. you call Lauda a cancer, look in the mirror and stop fucking moaning.

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
tanxingwo1215

Activity: 105
Merit: 6

Get Paid to Play your Media on Current

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:47:54 PM

The merit system is not fair to many beginners!

The novice's knowledge is very few, must learn to grow!

This leads to the possibility that the content of the reply will be added "merit" is very low!

And people who get into BBS very early, you don't have to think about that!

▃▃  ────▾ CURRENT ▾────  ▃▃
█ ▁ Get Paid to Play All Your Media ▁ █ (http://current.us/)
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 06:36:22 PM

The merit system is not fair to many beginners!
Why? Beginners shouldn't be a high rank. Why would someone who has no understanding of Bitcoin be considered a "Hero Member"?

The novice's knowledge is very few, must learn to grow!
Exactly. You're here to learn.

This leads to the possibility that the content of the reply will be added "merit" is very low!
Well, yeah.

And people who get into BBS very early, you don't have to think about that!
Right.

Satosho Kakamolto

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:52:19 PM
Merited by minifrij (2), Blazed (2)

To use the words "rich" and "poor" to define the members of a forum devoted to the free circulation and sharing of information about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies is totally perverse to start with. It's true that a higher rank can give you an economic advantage - just like in life does. But that should really not be the first reason to be here, just like you should not be alive only for "ranking up". Life has to be lived for having an interesting life and taking part to a forum has to be done for having interesting exchange of information. Marginally, you can appreciate your rank rising, both in life and on a forum, with the good material things which come with it. But that's a consequence, not a motive.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 06:54:34 PM

To use the words "rich" and "poor" to define the members of a forum devoted to the free circulation and sharing of information about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies is totally perverse to start with.
The whole thread is bullshit, so no surprise there.

It's true that a higher rank can give you an economic advantage - just like in life does. But that should really not be the first reason to be here, just like you should not be alive only for "ranking up". Life has to be lived for having an interesting life and taking part to a forum has to be done for having interesting exchange of information. Marginally, you can appreciate your rank rising, both in life and on a forum, with the good material things which come with it. But that's a consequence, not a motive.
The problematic stems from the exact opposite. They see it as a motive, not as a consequence. Additionally, they are often people who: a) Put next to no effort in the *stuff* that they do here. b) Abuse every possible thing (account sales, alt accounts, bounties, etc.). Hence, this system is supposed to not reward such people. Hence, it is very likely that such people are going to complain about this system.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
ducdr

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:13:18 AM

~
I does partially agree with your ideas. This is my ideas on another topic and its original one. You can check those for more discussions. The current merit system have two-sided effects, both negative and positive.

I strongly believe that it will make the forum a better place, at least in terms of controlling, reducing or eliminating (I guess can not eliminate, only the first two) spamming posts and farming accounts.
In contrast, as I said below, the system also have several serious drawbacks, of course, unfair since its launch.

To sum up, all of those effects will be demonstrated in the future, might be weeks, months (not years). And the system will be experienced huge adjustments surely.

Yes I think so, this system was created to improve the quality of posts of everyone here and to clean up this forum. And when I have read some posts and comments of some users, I can say that many are trying to adapt the new system and trying to improve the quality of their posts.

The post quality (in my opinion) has dramatically increased around here since the new system was implemented. I’ve seen much less shitposting from people.

I think it’s a massive positive to be perfectly honest.  

Me too. That is instant positive effects of merit system. However, as I discussed before at the thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2825306.msg29231021#msg29231021

The true, really big issue will occur after some weeks, some months when lower-ranked users move up to higher-ranked ones. At that time, will they need to keep writing high-quality, constructive threads? I don't think so, they will certainly lose their motivations.

Once again, I would like to raise a question "How long will positive effects of merit system last?"

~ Only time can answer the question above!
honeyira

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:31:44 PM

Seems this post asking for equality. There is no such thing. Equality doesn't exist in the real world and this forum has no exemption. In all walks of life diversity and division do exist and rules/laws are made to have base line of equality. 
kariboo67

Activity: 141
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:00:55 PM

now it'll be a mission impossible to reach even full member rank Undecided
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 12:35:10 PM

so you think ........ stop fucking moaning.

I gave you a merit for being so circumspect. Tman, you really need to learn that you should say what you really think. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
jerry29@

Activity: 206
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:37:36 PM

I think you are right at some stages. But we are not so sure about it. Rich people become more richer and poor people with some extraordinary effirts can cross the richer people and become the richest one.
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 02:47:40 PM

I gave you a merit for being so circumspect. Tman, you really need to learn that you should say what you really think. Smiley

I am trying to control myself and avoid his posts (in a good manner) or else he will grab all my smerit points. Dat TMAN Tongue

Actual ranking level=medium-hard.
After regulating ico spam=impossible.

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
mobilazy

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:57:47 PM

Why are you not collecting all the proofs and submit it to the moderators or Theymos himself? He will surely ban all those merit sellers. Without proof, it is like false accusations.

---Bounty is a stupid use of my time---
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 03:00:41 PM

I am trying to control myself and avoid his posts (in a good manner) or else he will grab all my smerit points. Dat TMAN Tongue

Actual ranking level=medium-hard.
After regulating ico spam=impossible.

I just say what most people think. I am probably on some spectrum for autism or something I guess

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:30:00 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2018, 06:40:12 PM by jhongzjhong

Nice to hear that words here the F*ck and the Bulls**t.. LOL

Well, it's just like me a poor member here in the forum trying to earn a single smerit hoping that to meet the required amount of smerit to rank up. Higher rank here much better when it comes profit here in the forum, so, that why many lower rank complaining about merit system.
I also admit my self why it's too late for me to get in here when the merit system is implemented and now it's hard for me to rank up.

As a admins decision, we must obey them were just only a member here if you like the new system maybe it's to go out from this bulls**t and fu**ing forum, (haha just kidding what I mean is our beloved forum.)

dmonrey002

Activity: 84
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:27:12 PM

Instead of arguing. why dont just help each other to improve the community.To Minimize shitposters and to prevent illegal act like trading or selling of smerit. when the merit system announce. We all know that this illegal act might happen and its happening right now. The dev for sure is aware about this, why not let us contribute. to improve the merit system, to make it perfect, nothing is done perfectly right at first. Many user's  says that this system is so unfair specially for beginners. now for beginners like me. prove to others specially the high ranks that we can also reach them, even were late.  show them what you have.  because they have more experience than you. They know more about what is good for the community. merit system has a lot of advantages other than dis advantages. i think this system can improve the forum a lot more. everything has a dis advantages and it can prevent or minimize.   the benefit that you get in merit system is really good. i think 2years from now this forum is more verry impormative. Many new comers will come and learn quickly because  they easy to find what they are looking at. Many new comers will thank  who suggest this idea.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  

Jump to: