Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 11:28:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will people pay taxes for bitcoin ?  (Read 976 times)
Kambal2000

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:03:09 PM

Virtual currencies is not new in our system for now, and there are countries that cyrptos are now listed on exchanges and have acknowledge its growing and in fact around the world, the Tax authorities have tried to bring regulations on bitcoins.

In fact, here in our country it is not necessary for us to pay taxes thru our income in bitcoin as there is still no Law imposed on it so we are still at benefiting our freedom thru it, although in our local exchange business tax already imposed on it.

For me, whatever happens even if our government will insist and implement tax on bitcoin, I would rather obey it as I know that the tax collected will be for the benefit of my hometown, I would rather decrease my income for the benefit of all the people rather than keeping it on my own and seeing people in hunger situation, I know that not all people cannot benefit from tax I paid but at least at some part of my life I am fulfilled as I learned to help.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:39:50 PM

Tax is not an optional decision to be made. Its a compulsory thing a lot of those even paying today would want to avoid it if they have their way but no. The government has put in policies and machineries in place to ensure that there is little evasion of tax and the moment government is making room for tax to be paid through bitcoin, then there is no way around it because every loopholes will be looked at and ensure that it is blocked to a large extent.
dokie987

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:03:08 AM

Cryptocurrency and taxes. It is controversial topic. Noone want to pay taxet especially for bitcoin. Now this is a very profitable business and soon the government can introduce taxes on cryptocurrency nevertheless. But we can`t "touch" or "hold" it so in what way cryptocurrency might be taxed?

In my opinion, cryptocurrency may be taxed in the same way as a program or any sale or purchase transaction. Regardless of what you are selling, if you are profiting, you are required to pay tax.

What do you think?

In my own opinion, if the bitcoin is the solution to my financial problem and this gives me more earning than my  previews job, then why should I not pay taxes of my bitcoin earning? So if all people have also this  thinking, then obviously they will pay taxes also.
Siopao

Activity: 182
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:02:05 PM

Here in my country there's no regulation yet regarding bitcoin so paying tax for it is not necessary BUT we can't use our btcnas it is due to there are no stores or merchants that accepts btc as payment so we can't use it unless it is converted into fiat, so that's where taxes come in. I think it's fair enough for now that no regulation is yet being made.
AmeSakibimasu

Activity: 228
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:23:52 PM

NO, because it is not like FIAT and I think no one here will pay tax lol because as usual they are not going to trust government,
nowadays people have own opinion and smart they don't just give money to keep in their pocket most of the governments do is
to corrupt all the money specially taxes that's why people was dismay on how government handle our taxes.
Biscutard

Activity: 758
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:41:15 PM

A decentralized cryptocurrency doesn't need a tax but if you converted it to a local fiat currency then that's the time you should be paying taxes because fiat currency is centralized. So those exchanges i guess already taking our taxes covered as services fee before we even get the money.
JC btc

Activity: 770
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:36:40 PM

A decentralized cryptocurrency doesn't need a tax but if you converted it to a local fiat currency then that's the time you should be paying taxes because fiat currency is centralized. So those exchanges i guess already taking our taxes covered as services fee before we even get the money.
I don't find it a threat in my life or an obstacle for my goal if I would pay tax for my country. I don't see any negative effect about it for as long as the tax that they will imposed in it would be fair and just as I know that no matter what happen it will put in the hands of those who are in need just like kids that cannot afford to go to school, so I would rather help in a little way rather than dying without helping others.
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:22:27 PM

Here in my country there's no regulation yet regarding bitcoin so paying tax for it is not necessary BUT we can't use our btcnas it is due to there are no stores or merchants that accepts btc as payment so we can't use it unless it is converted into fiat, so that's where taxes come in. I think it's fair enough for now that no regulation is yet being made.
In any country bitcoin is not yet taxable until now, also I have no gain any news regarding putting tax to income in bitcoin. In addition, bitcoin community are not yet centralized so how they can base the percentage of taxes they deduct to the income of the users. There's a lot of things they need to consider.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:28:59 PM

I'm currently paying about $12k per quarter.  So... yes.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Lampaster

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:59:10 PM

Whoa! What percentage of income tax in your country? At such speed you have no chance to remain unnoticed. But you probably have not problems with withdraw Fiat. When the government helps its citizens, takes care of that they had the opportunity to have an income do not wish to pay the tax. But there are States which are doing the opposite obstacles and want to get a taxes. It seems to me that paying taxes is a two-way road. Everyone decides for himself to pay taxes or not. Opportunities to hide income is a lot.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2380
Merit: 251

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:09:16 PM

Yes,you have to pay taxes if you convert your bitcoins into fiat or vice versa because US government has strict rules on crypto currency and there is no way to cheat without paying taxes.But not all the countries have taxation system for bitcoin so you may not have to pay if your country have rules.

But there is no taxes for bitcoin to bitcoin transaction.So you can make transaction as how much as you want in bitcoin to bitcoin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:32:10 PM

Whoa! What percentage of income tax in your country? At such speed you have no chance to remain unnoticed. But you probably have not problems with withdraw Fiat. When the government helps its citizens, takes care of that they had the opportunity to have an income do not wish to pay the tax. But there are States which are doing the opposite obstacles and want to get a taxes. It seems to me that paying taxes is a two-way road. Everyone decides for himself to pay taxes or not. Opportunities to hide income is a lot.
In the U.S. I make enough that I have to estimate my taxes quarterly. Between the state and the federal taxes I put aside the maximum amount. When I do my taxes at the end of the year I will likely receive a refund of some of that money.
I'm not hiding anything. I don't have to hide because I am following the law and not sticking my neighbors with my tax bill. I think a lot of people are going to be very sad when the IRS catches up to them and presents them with a bill for years of profits. Their defense that "a guy on the Internet said..." is not going to be worth anything in court.

Pay your taxes and be bulletproof.  Wink

dlhylton

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:10:33 AM

In the United States, the IRS (tax agency) has been investigating crypto taxes for a while now. They had a court battle with the largest crypto exchange in the US, coinbase. They had a partial victory in which coinbase had to hand over the identification information of all users who traded over $20,000 or more, so they can pay taxes. So, yes, people will pay taxes on bitcoin. The tax agencies are already on it in the United States and in many other countries. Today, South Korea banned anonymous trading to enforce tax payments. Customers in South Korea must now have a real name account and be linked to a bank in order to trade crypto. This cracks down on tax evasion.
bajigur894784

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:55:58 AM

Cryptocurrency and taxes. It is controversial topic. Noone want to pay taxet especially for bitcoin. Now this is a very profitable business and soon the government can introduce taxes on cryptocurrency nevertheless. But we can`t "touch" or "hold" it so in what way cryptocurrency might be taxed?

In my opinion, cryptocurrency may be taxed in the same way as a program or any sale or purchase transaction. Regardless of what you are selling, if you are profiting, you are required to pay tax.

What do you think?

Yes, it seems that easy-to-understand scenarios about taxation and cryptocurrency are as you say. that is, the profit from the sale and purchase or investment of cryptocurrency is taxable of income.
In my opinion, there is no special calculation of the investment bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. all Normal course, the difference between the sale price and the purchase price is the profit that can be the object of income tax.
Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:35:12 PM
Merited by RodeoX (1)

In the U.S. I make enough that I have to estimate my taxes quarterly. Between the state and the federal taxes I put aside the maximum amount. When I do my taxes at the end of the year I will likely receive a refund of some of that money.
I'm not hiding anything. I don't have to hide because I am following the law and not sticking my neighbors with my tax bill. I think a lot of people are going to be very sad when the IRS catches up to them and presents them with a bill for years of profits. Their defense that "a guy on the Internet said..." is not going to be worth anything in court.

I appreciate this opinion. Perhaps you are satisfied with the activities of your government. Only satisfied people can have such thinking. If the country provides an opportunity for its citizens to have the income she deserves to have its citizens to pay taxes honestly. I am sincerely happy for you. But there are many countries where the government plunders the Treasury. This is the main reason why people do not want to pay taxes. People should always be responsible for those whom they bring to power in the elections.
Hamphser

Activity: 2464
Merit: 325

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:10:40 PM

What do you think?
This is a never ending argument and issue about bitcoin towards government and taxation where we do always assume that government can able to impose taxes directly which isnt really possible but in regard or terms of cashing it out into local fiat then thats the time on where they would set in and do require those obligations (tax) to be paid off. People can easily hide their money through bitcoin but they cant really avoid when they are already cashing it out.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:30:02 AM

First I think only taxes can change the mind of the government not to ban bitcoin? maybe.
In USA bitcoin itself is taxed. because the government sees bitcoin as an asset so that income earned from bitcoin will be taxed. and I do not hear any protests from users in US for the tax? but there is certainly manipulation in it. because bitcoin is anonymous.
I myself do not matter about bitcoin taxes. but with the condition that bitcoin is legalized in my country
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:40:18 PM

I appreciate this opinion. Perhaps you are satisfied with the activities of your government. Only satisfied people can have such thinking. If the country provides an opportunity for its citizens to have the income she deserves to have its citizens to pay taxes honestly. I am sincerely happy for you. But there are many countries where the government plunders the Treasury. This is the main reason why people do not want to pay taxes. People should always be responsible for those whom they bring to power in the elections.
You make a good point. Although I am not always happy to see my tax dollars wasted, Taxation itself is a solid idea. It really does come down to who controls the treasury. There are places so corrupt that taxation is just theft. In such places I would not pay taxes and would use my bitcoin to fight the government. At least for the moment, even with dipshit in office, I feel I can work within the system.

palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:31:12 PM

What do you think?

Yes , cryptos and taxing issues are synonymous especially with the huge money churning out from this new technology. Probably, the government could be looking for ways to want to tax investors but they really can't, if they don't put it down in black and white in their constitution.

It has to be backed by the powers of the constitution which would now be a guideline to punish evaders for instance. As far as I know therefore, I'm yet to read or hear a country that has actually adopted the digital currency in totality because if they do; it will be in the constitution either as optional financial means of transaction to fiat, in other to avoid being made a feast for the solicitors

What I then think is that , before taxing will seat, regulations and control will be introduced and if that happens,  whether cryptos are touched or felt physically will be inconsequential because the government would simply start from the registration and regulation of exchanges , off course we know why. Thats where withdrawals and deposit most times are sent to.
astrid.uchiha24

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:42:49 PM

What do you think?
This is a never ending argument and issue about bitcoin towards government and taxation where we do always assume that government can able to impose taxes directly which isnt really possible but in regard or terms of cashing it out into local fiat then thats the time on where they would set in and do require those obligations (tax) to be paid off. People can easily hide their money through bitcoin but they cant really avoid when they are already cashing it out.
And that's the reason they are trying their best to control the cryptocurrency market especially they always make negative news to the public just to shutdown the value of bitcoin as well as the alts.
I hope authorities or personalities stop fud and just do a decision to regulate or ban cryptocurrency, crypto trading is all over the world not centered on a single country.
Going back to payment of tax, if i trust my government of course i will pay my tax but if not i will try to minimize the tax or even avoid it as much as possible because i know my money will go into waste because of corruption.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
Telegram Facebook www.casperproject.io Github Twitter ANN
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: