Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:46:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how you guys think about MERIT ?  (Read 925 times)
Ric8 (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:11:28 PM

How you guys thinks about MERIT? good? or?
any opinion ?
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cioloxl

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:14:27 PM

any opinion ?

I guess it needs some fine tuning...but honestly it was absolutely necessary. The forum is grossly congested with cancer posts the like of "great project sir", "when moon sir". Something needed to be done and my honest opinion is that this is a step in the right direction.
rost1989

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

Decentralize $15-Trillion Global Trade Industry

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:17:58 PM

any opinion ?

I guess it needs some fine tuning...but honestly it was absolutely necessary. The forum is grossly congested with cancer posts the like of "great project sir", "when moon sir". Something needed to be done and my honest opinion is that this is a step in the right direction.

Everything new is cool. Also it's nice to see that forum develops.  I didn't still get the idea of merit but I understand that it's a motivation vehicle.

NaissuR

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:20:10 PM

excuse me no much time to search now
what is that merit ? i have 100 and i see that some people have less, what is the reason?
what is that for?

cioloxl

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:23:17 PM

any opinion ?

Everything new is cool. Also it's nice to see that forum develops.  I didn't still get the idea of merit but I understand that it's a motivation vehicle.

My take on it is that the main purpose is to curve the account farming that's been going on for the better part of last year. Plus a ton of barely literate people spamming threads across the board in order to rank up so as to benefit even more from airdrops and the likes. An english proficiency test should also be conducted when signing up. I'm joking, of course, but sure wouldn't mind something like that.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:24:56 PM

I'm also fine with the merit that can reduce the bitcointalk account sellers and reduce bought accounts just to scam people on this forum..
There are lots of abuser and greedy here in forum. So those who made lots of account will be affected even their account are posting small amount every 14 days their account couldn't upgrade just by posting they need to reach first the merit amount according to their activity.
paoad

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:26:31 PM

but how does merit work?

https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1655593
DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Team NOW! ⚡
StrikerEureka

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:27:43 PM

Where can I buy this MERIT? MERIT to the moon!
No seriously this feature will bring way more quality to this forum. I am not one of the older members but I am still annoyed by this massive amount of useless posts in so many threads here. Hope this will be different now

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
cioloxl

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:30:22 PM

but how does merit work?

Next to the quote button you have a new Merit button. There are 2 types of merit basically, one that you own and cannot be lost (for now, at least) and another type of merit called sMerit that you basically give away to others and it adds up to theirs.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0
JainaVsUther
Copper Member

Activity: 123
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:30:50 PM

Where can I buy this MERIT? MERIT to the moon!
No seriously this feature will bring way more quality to this forum. I am not one of the older members but I am still annoyed by this massive amount of useless posts in so many threads here. Hope this will be different now

And how will you feel when you're stuck on 10 merit for the rest of this year? Something definitely needed to be done, but the supply of merit needs to be multiplied by 100 at least or else member ranks won't be moving except for a small minority of insiders on the forum.

Disgruntled ICO promoter. Looking to bring some professionalism to the industry if anyone is interested.
joeflicker

Activity: 142
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:32:30 PM

Maybe it makes the new user like new become a little bit hard to grow the rank to member but I still don't understand what is it for. In my mind I need 10 merit to get to member in addiition my activity. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:36:26 PM

but how does merit work?

If someone does an interesting post or provides information that you haven't seen before, which you find useful, just click the "merit" button on the top right hand corner of the post to give them merit.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:11:22 AM
Merited by NaissuR (1)

I think it's needed.  You can give merit by clicking the +merit button in the upper right corner of a given post, next to the quote button.  I think once it gets going it will be useful.  The only change I would make is make it a button you could click kind of like a reddit upvote button as opposed to opening another page and then trying to figure out how much merit you have available to give out.  I'd keep the merit limits, just make it easier to give is all.
mxyzptlkof6th

Activity: 294
Merit: 26

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:22:24 AM

any opinion ?
I don't like it too much because of its timing. They should have done this in the month of february. It slows the ranking process of users with quality posts but on the bright side, it filters the shitposting of the majority of the users in this forum.
RACallanta

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:27:18 AM

I think merit is good. But Somehow its bad because this merit is the newly  ranking system of this crypto. Even if we are having a number of activity, they create another new ranking system. For newbie its nice i think, because newbie can got a lot merit even if they has no signature campaign. Well for the participant that having a signature campaign, merit can be treat as additional ranking system.

S M A R T   Q U O R U M
ANNTelegramWhitepapersmartquorum.comOnepagerDiscordTwitter
The First POS Coin To Fuel Blockchain Market Boom
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:37:16 AM
Merited by Vod (2), OriginTrain (1)

any opinion ?

How? I use my brain thats how. How do you think about it?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you were trying to ask What we think about it and answer that.

Well hopefully it will keep the shiller, bot and spammer accounts away and I think it will highlight accounts that cannot form coherent thoughts so those that have many posts and no merit will be easier to identify to add to ignore lists. So I think it will be a good thing in the end but it will surely get gamed on occasion.

but how does merit work?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:04:09 AM

I don't like it too much because of its timing. They should have done this in the month of february. It slows the ranking process of users with quality posts but on the bright side, it filters the shitposting of the majority of the users in this forum.
There might be things that are unfair but this approach by theymos (the forum administrator) is pursuing new registered accounts to post with quality or stay on the topic to remove those garbage posts. But if you'll post with quality and you think it deserved to be merited then you can post in Meta or message me and I'll take a look at it then if it's counted that it contributed and it has quality then I'll merit it. But high quality post will be recognized so if you make one and start it this time, ranking up can be easier.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
surfinonmyownwavebaby

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:13:10 AM
Merited by Aleator (1)

It was well intended I think and to me it has several pros and cons but I think the pro of less spam on the forums is heavily outweighed by the cons that are now in our current system.

PROS

-less spam
--less bots and farmers
---more quality posting

CONS

-unfair to those who were about to rank up
--merit points not distributed fairly either (distro between ranks)
---merit points not distrbuted fairly amongst same ranks; ie how does somebody with 121 activity and 239 activity get same merit points?
----system is too political now and some may give up after not receiving any or little merits for a while

R E O S         [   A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED ECOSYSTEM FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT   ]     JOIN NOW!
Introducing REOSchain™   |  The blockchain that digs out the true value of social media content

WHITEPAPER                    TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                     LINKEDIN                     GITHUB
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:17:26 AM

I didn't know what is merit is all about or what is the use of it but i have merit in my profile. Anyone knows what is merit for?

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:18:18 AM

I guess it was needed to separate the weed, but it personally hurts me. I am a long time member, and now in the mercy of people to achieve next level. I would rather have a more deterministic way to get there - activity is definitely one metric, but blocking promotion based on additional merit collection is unjust. Of course I am biased as I am getting screwed in the process, and I can see tons of hero members who joined in the bitcoin world lot later than me, and are now hero just because they joined bitcointalk at the right time when the activity crap came on.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: