Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:52:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: No more signature campaigns for Junior Members - Asking for a grace period  (Read 480 times)
inillo (OP)

Activity: 254
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:12:46 PM
Merited by Welsh (1)

The merit system is interesting for sure.  It can help limit some of the spam postings that is going on just to rank up.  However, if no members are actually giving other members merit it can become a toxic system that limits the amount of leveling up across the forum and become counterproductive.  While I do like the idea of the merit system its success is going to be based on the middle of the pack Members-Senior Members to succeed.
If you read up the entire announcement on the merit system then you will able to know that keeping smerits would be pointless. It always being suggested to be distribute.  Try to read up here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit  which have been mentioned where There is no point in hoarding sMerit; keeping it yourself does not benefit you, and we reserve the right to decay unused sMerit in the future.. Merit system is changing the way to level up rank it would really be more tougher because people do need to make good quality post to earn merits. If not then you will stay on your recent rank for long..

The system is based on some hypothesis that are not very aligned with human nature:

a) smerit has to be given based on quality. It is much more likely to be given when someone agrees with you.
b)smerit will be give as it does not decrease your own. That is technically true, but by giving merit you let others advance, so it works against the exclusivity of your rank. Some may choose to let smerit rot.
c) The posts will be read by people able to give credit. That is difficult to believe as today.

What are the mechanisms that will prevent these things from happening?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rvrl_23

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:32:11 AM

As a Jr. Member who is currently at a disadvantage in the current system, I aggree that this can create positive things, but I think it's a little too unfair for the new members or Jr. Members. I mean just think about it. We have to seriously crawl our way to the top, and what if I make a legit, helpful, merittable post and no one noticed it? Isn't that a little too unfair? Many efforts can be wasted just because you couldn't appreciate or you fail no notice a good post. What are moderators are for?

EDIT: while the previous member of this forum has it easy, just meeting their quota per post, the new members have it rough, it's really hard to get accepted in signature campaigns right now. It's like they're discriminating new members.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:42:31 AM

As a Jr. Member who is currently at a disadvantage in the current system, I aggree that this can create positive things, but I think it's a little too unfair for the new members or Jr. Members. I mean just think about it. We have to seriously crawl our way to the top, and what if I make a legit, helpful, merittable post and no one noticed it? Isn't that a little too unfair? Many efforts can be wasted just because you couldn't appreciate or you fail no notice a good post. What are moderators are for?
There's dozens of 'review' threads which you can post any posts than you feel are under merited. Although, you can't do this every time you can for the most substantial posts.

EDIT: while the previous member of this forum has it easy, just meeting their quota per post, the new members have it rough, it's really hard to get accepted in signature campaigns right now. It's like they're discriminating new members.
Campaigns have always required you to be a certain rank. Very few of the campaigns (excluding altcoin campaigns) actually allowed members and below to join their campaigns. Anyway, if your sole purpose is to join a signature campaign your going to find it very difficult to rank up.
Thirio

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:55:23 AM

It's a little unfair but those are the very reasons why theymos implemented this. Low ranks who joined the signature campaigns are spamming everywhere, they see a thread they reply anything that comes into their mind without even reading and joining the discussion. Certain question just needs one or two answers but what is happening? Tons of replies with the same thought, some even reply "i agree..." with supporting texts that does not have any sense. Can't we just agree in our minds and move on without spamming threads?

You'll feel it when you got a merit, the sense of achievement, the feeling of someone noticed your post, the feeling of not being ignored. It'll make you proud, it'll make you be more confident. It'll teach you that what you're doing is right and you should keep it up. Every merit you receive will be the reflection of who you are in this forum.

In the end we just got to move on and wait. If the system is changed so be it, if not please just adapt and try to write constructive posts cause that's the only way to rank up(if you really want to rank up that is).
Photographer

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:00:26 AM

This means that if you were in the middle of a campaign that required wearing the signature... you are done. Most likely you´ll get nothing.

This is not true, I may be wrong but I have noticed that Juniors who were already wearing signatures with links at the moment of the change, still have them and the links are working. It will supposedly affect them only when they will change signature.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
ducdr

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:17:19 AM

This means that if you were in the middle of a campaign that required wearing the signature... you are done. Most likely you´ll get nothing.

This is not true, I may be wrong but I have noticed that Juniors who were already wearing signatures with links at the moment of the change, still have them and the links are working. It will supposedly affect them only when they will change signature.
I guess those accounts are Copper Members. Copper Members are several priviledges in the forum. Don't worry or pay too much attention on them. Simply follow the merit rules.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: