Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:17:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can anyone explain this to me?  (Read 243 times)
Nebul0us (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:48:35 AM

I am getting 340 SOL/s from my 1060 and have been mining for 29 hours now with DTSM on the miningspeed pool. Whattomine.com says I should be getting at least 0.019 ZCL per day. Can anyone help explain why I am getting less than half that? My payouts and unpaid balance total about 0.01238 ZCL. I'm seriously pissed I mined for over a full day and am getting pennies. Why is whattomine so far off? Is this normal? Please help!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Max Lee

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:07:31 AM

Whattomine.com just estimate https://uphinhnhanh.com/image/iW5ZSP ,
diff and price is change every seconds. It is normal
phuocduong

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:31:43 AM

I am getting 340 SOL/s from my 1060 and have been mining for 29 hours now with DTSM on the miningspeed pool. Whattomine.com says I should be getting at least 0.019 ZCL per day. Can anyone help explain why I am getting less than half that? My payouts and unpaid balance total about 0.01238 ZCL. I'm seriously pissed I mined for over a full day and am getting pennies. Why is whattomine so far off? Is this normal? Please help!

whattomine maybe different 10%, depend pool you mine, not exactly
Digital Drug Lord

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:39:13 AM

watch out for pools stealing. it happens, I realized some pools was stealing my coins when I switched to one that started giving me the coins what to mine said I was suppose to have.

eventually you will find a good pool.

it makes me mad, video cards are expensive
[YAZ]

Activity: 208
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:39:56 AM

Many variables used by mining calculator, network hashrate, difficulty, coin price etc. Network hashrate will changes depend on how many miners and how many hashing power they have (it can change every second). The difficulty will be retargeting every block since zcl block time is 2,5 minutes, so normally diff will change every 2,5 minutes. And also coin price can be changed every second. So what you expect with 29 hours?
2stout

Activity: 2338
Merit: 585

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:18:39 AM

Also, was the pool down for any periods of time?  It can and does happen, even though your miner may appear connected.  Would be good to look at earnings, your hash rate, pool hash rate, and network hash rate over the time you were mining.
Nebul0us (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:07:26 AM

Many variables used by mining calculator, network hashrate, difficulty, coin price etc. Network hashrate will changes depend on how many miners and how many hashing power they have (it can change every second). The difficulty will be retargeting every block since zcl block time is 2,5 minutes, so normally diff will change every 2,5 minutes. And also coin price can be changed every second. So what you expect with 29 hours?

I've been mining this pool for 3 days and my daily has been shit.  Whattomine has not changed much over the past week on it's calculations.  How often do they update?  Something isn't right with this.....I expect a difference but not a 50% difference.
[YAZ]

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:52:00 AM

[I've been mining this pool for 3 days and my daily has been shit.  Whattomine has not changed much over the past week on it's calculations.  How often do they update?  Something isn't right with this.....I expect a difference but not a 50% difference.

First of all, you need to know about pool and their payment scheme. As you mentioned in OP, you are using Miningspeed Pool. They are using PPLNT Payment Scheme.

PPLNT (pay per last n time)
The PPNLT payout system rewards loyal miners and penalizes pool hoppers. You can Google it your self what is PPLNT.

I think online calculator accuracy is about +- 10%, but still will have x-factor on it, such as picking a pool etc.
Nebul0us (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:21:27 AM

[I've been mining this pool for 3 days and my daily has been shit.  Whattomine has not changed much over the past week on it's calculations.  How often do they update?  Something isn't right with this.....I expect a difference but not a 50% difference.

First of all, you need to know about pool and their payment scheme. As you mentioned in OP, you are using Miningspeed Pool. They are using PPLNT Payment Scheme.

PPLNT (pay per last n time)
The PPNLT payout system rewards loyal miners and penalizes pool hoppers. You can Google it your self what is PPLNT.

I think online calculator accuracy is about +- 10%, but still will have x-factor on it, such as picking a pool etc.

Hey thanks for the response.  Good to know.  My 1080 ti is on the way so right now I have to shut down my miner to play games or watch videos.  I take it from you said about PPNLT, frequent shutting down of the miner is not a good match for that pool.  Is MiningPoolHub a PPNLT?
[YAZ]

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:58:21 PM

Hey thanks for the response.  Good to know.  My 1080 ti is on the way so right now I have to shut down my miner to play games or watch videos.  I take it from you said about PPNLT, frequent shutting down of the miner is not a good match for that pool.  Is MiningPoolHub a PPNLT?

You can check it by yourself on that mining pool. Every mining pool has a technical information, including payment scheme. I suggest you try another pool to mine ZCL. You can compare it with your current pool.
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:02:29 PM

Use the individual coin calculators on minethecoin.com and check "average 24 hour" under "Dificulty" [sic]. That will give you a more accurate estimate of how much you should have made over the past 24 hours with a specified hashrate.

Whattomine can give the same information, but its a bit harder to interpret.

Also, try to use more descriptive thread titles; I usually don't click on threads with meaningless or vague titles like "Help!" or "Please explain this" or the like.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: