Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:18:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thinking about selling [BFL ASIC] [5 GH/s] order for low price with escrow  (Read 2034 times)
Vezunchik (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

bitcoin is an expression of freedom.

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:39:23 AM

I am thinking about selling my BFL ASIC 5 GH/s Bitcoin miner order. For low price and with escrow.
Code:
4.5 GH/s Bitcoin Miner (now 5 GH/s)

It's not an early order, but after prices on ASICMiner blades
   (~55 - 75 BTC for 10 GH/s => ~12 BTC income with ~5-7 mounths return).
or ASICMiner usb miner
   (~2 BTC for 0.3 GH/s => ~0.38 BTC income with ~6 mounths return).

I think BFL ASIC 5 GH/s miner is still interesting offer Wink Also note, that some 5 GH/s miners have been already shipped.
   (~3-5 BTC for 60 GH/s => ~6.4-5.5 (with 3 mounths delay) BTC income with ~1 mounths return).

The only risk - if BFL will never ship their orders, but I think they will, because there are a lot of PayPal orders. So this will be a huge financial loss, closed PayPal seller account and possibly "closed doors" in bitcoin community at all.
Not an option for BFL, I believe.  Smiley

Offer your price and conditions. At this moment I am thinking about 5 BTC with 2 BTC escrow and returning by 15% per mounth to buyer in 3 mounths if there will be delay. (My estimation of BFL delay ~2.5 months).

There will be no proofs here - people become really nervous after posting invoices. I'll show account login process to the buyer. Or I may send image / paper invoice.
[/quote]
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cchan

Activity: 379

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:21:44 PM

When did you order?
Vezunchik (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 11:29:23 AM

This year in the winter.
Vezunchik (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 12:56:49 PM

Here is another BFL miner review : link.
So BFL ASIC exists...
Vezunchik (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:02:44 AM

Some news from BFL:

Progress has not stopped here at the labs while we attended the 2013 Bitcoin Conference. We demonstrated a 5 GH/s, a 25 GH/s and a 50 GH/s miner at the conference that people could see, touch, stroke and pet, all while they were mining on an Android tablet. It was a good conference and we were glad that we could demonstrate working units and meet many of our customers and fellow bitcoiners. It was a pleasure meeting many of you.

We have resolved the issues with the long boards and are making some tweaks to the 5 GH/s boards that may reduce power consumption but will almost certainly reduce heat output. With that in mind, we should be getting about 200 5 GH/s boards on Friday, and we'll be shipping those out on Friday and Saturday.

As a term/jargon/technical note, here is the informal and/or official designations here at BFL:

Short Board = ~92mm x 92mm board that contains up to 8 chips and powers the 5 GH/s miner, typically with just 1 or 2 chips.
 Long Board = The board that powers the Little Single, Single and Minirig and can contain up to 16 chips in two banks of 8.
 Jalapeno is now called the 5 GH/s miner and is synonymous.
 The Minirig is now a 500 GH/s unit.

Our chips consume about 3 - 3.5w per GH/s at the chip level, so there is some room for tweaking, which we will be focusing on as soon as we get the final rev out for the Long Boards. Speaking of Long Boards, we have what we are considering the last rev for shipment coming next Monday or Tuesday the 27th or 28th of May (they may even be done with manufacturing this Saturday the 25th) and we will continue to refine the firmware for that board until the final rev arrives in KC. Assuming no problems with it, we will be being shipment shortly thereafter. The long boards will be powered by one or two PCIe style 6 pin Minifit Jr connectors. Please be aware that these connectors, while using the same form factor as PCIe connectors are not PCIe connectors, though they are electrically compatible with them (Meaning you can likely use an ATX PSU at your own discretion if you chose not to use our supplied power bricks). The Little Single and Single will have a 120mm fan at each end of the case in a push/pull configuration. Each bank of 8 chips will have a heatsink, heat baffle and 92mm fan on top of it. Cooling will not be an issue with these units and they will be fairly quiet to run if you are in a cool environment. The fan will scale up and down in speed as required due to heat. The units will be stackable and have a side to side or front to back airflow, depending on how you orient them.

We are expecting several thousand chips next week from our new packaging facility and expect to start shipping all product lines next week. Beyond that, we will be receiving thousands of chips per week at an ever increasing pace between now and until all of the remaining 68 wafers are used up. We have additional wafers on order and they should be ready about the time we've used up all 68 wafers should we need them. Soon after, we hope to have product on the shelf for immediate shipment, depending on how many orders come in between now and when we catch up the backlog.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1042

👻

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:37:07 AM

Here is another BFL miner review : link.
So BFL ASIC exists...
Not really worth anything then.
Vezunchik (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 11:27:33 AM

Some more updates:
Code:
29 May 2013 - ASIC Update

Almost there... I'm attaching a picture of our test board. We've almost got the firmware finalized, as you can see, we've brought power usage down quite a bit. This is a 50 GH/s unit with unbinned chips (meaning the chips were randomly selected, so some of the chips have non-functional engines. What this means is the unit can perform faster if you use binned chips with known good engines).

I think the picture speaks for itself, and I apologize for the quality... just took a quick snap while we were working. However, you can see that our power usage is under 5w/GH/s. This should apply across all product lines. I plan on testing out the short boards tomorrow. We should be getting in many of the reworked short boards tomorrow as well as some long boards. Next week, we expect a much larger shipment of both long and short boards to arrive (possibly even this Saturday, but that's still up in the air.)

In any event, we should have the firmware finalized by tomorrow night or Friday at the latest and ready to go.
Vezunchik (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:05:26 AM

At this moment BFL started shipping of 5 GH/s miners (small amount). As I can see  Jalapeno - the only type of BFL miners really available. So all Jalapeno moves up in a queue. I am rising price to 6 BTC with 2 BTC escrow and returning by 1 BTC per mounth to buyer in 2 mounths if there will be delay (up to 3 BTC total return).
Vezunchik (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 06:00:08 PM

The first Single SC 60gh/s has left the building!!!
Code:
The very first Single SC 60gh/s unit was shipped out on Tues 06/11/2013 during the 5 o'clock hour. I know this because I happened to visit BFL HQ on the right day. This is a momentous occasion for Butterfly Labs and the Bitcoin community as a whole. I will be posting a full write-up of my visit in the next couple hours. This write-up will contain a lot of information, some of which is unknown to the general public and other information will clarify a lot that has been left to speculation. There were maybe 8 Singles that had been built and tested while I was there, most of which did not have any problems getting into the 60gh range, even with un-binned chips, so no one should worry about getting a device with less than their ordered hashrate. Without further ado, here is some pics of the first Single being boxed up and shipped out to one very lucky customer.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 06:44:33 PM

that order date is too recent to have any real value IMHO Smiley
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 06:49:23 PM

2 BTC

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
Vezunchik (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:39:58 AM

2 BTC
5 BTC Smiley  Wink
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:41:26 PM

Whats the paid order date.
Vezunchik (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 06:40:07 PM

~01.2013 (I'll check what orders I can sell).
Whats the paid order date.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:09:35 PM

I get its in Jan. But, what day? 1/1/13?

Depending on that, I`ll be paying what your asking for, with escrow amount.
Vezunchik (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 03:48:15 PM

I get its in Jan. But, what day? 1/1/13?

Depending on that, I`ll be paying what your asking for, with escrow amount.
Order Date: February 4, 2013
Dubuque, Iowa
Vezunchik (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 10:35:15 AM

You can see the purchase dates being served every day on Jody's Customer Service blog.
Vezunchik (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 07:24:16 PM

Thank you for your order from Butterfly Labs! Your order (#19175) was shipped via USPS, USPS Priority Mail on 8/27/2013.  You can track your package at any time using the link below.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: