Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:56:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 countries that banned bitcoin  (Read 3322 times)
Verde_Mantis

Activity: 336
Merit: 52

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:12:09 PM

I know that the US also prohibits using this coin.
Ah, really? Any link about that? Because I know that for example in Arizona it's possible to pay taxes with bitcoin, and the last time I checked Arizona was part of the US, so...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bapetdik

Activity: 373
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:14:23 PM

I think we need not worry and do not have to think about which countries prohibit bitcoin. We take the positive value only, and do not have to think about it. many countries still receive bitcoin.

missyqt29

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:54:02 PM

COUNTRIES THAT BANNED BITCOIN

Before we start to our topic this I want to tell that some of you might know about this but I just wanna share this to those who are not.

Several people believe that bitcoin was a blessing and it was an opportunity
for everyone but not everyone shares the sentiment. From central banks and other finance company, Bitcoin's list of detractors runs for a very long time and gone so deep.But most of the government around the world seeks for the regulation of bitcoin.

Be due to fear,ignorance and protectionism, governments have a tendency to legislate against perceived threats.Countries such as japan protects its citizens to have free trade of the digital currency.But unfortunately not all countries embracing the change of our technology.In some cases citizens have had their assets seized,accounts got frozen and have been locked up, Government can't stop the blockchain from propagating, but they can stop their people in having access to it.

STOP THE BITCOIN!!

Like banning drugs,alcohol and other stuffs banning bitcoin sounds nonsensical and unforceable.That's the exact case in five countries:

1.Bangladesh
2.Bolivia
3.Ecuador
4.Kyrgyzstan
5.Nepal

It was recently reported in https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-illegal-in-nepal-police-arrest-seven-individuals-for-trading-operations/
that there were dozens of bitcoin and crypto enthusiasts get imprison seemingly guilty of little more than operating a small-scale bitcoin exchange.

Meanwhile Ecuador has outlawed bitcoin, nit because they opposed this crypto but because they want to regulate and control it and tether it with the Ecuadorian dollar.An Electronic money designed to operate ad support monetary scheme dollarization.Completing the naughty list of countries that have banned bitcoin is Kyrgyzstan, a tiny landlocked state in Central Asia,
And Bangladesh banned bitcoin, it was 2014 where Bangladesh bank stated that anyone that will be caught using such online currency could be jailed mostly because it's about "MONEY LAUNDERING".

this was already an old news for updated list

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country_or_territory

so what do you think? will your country will ban the use of bitcoin?
do you know other countries that ban the bitcoins?
Please share it and tell to everyone Smiley

Here in Philippines, I hope the government will not ban bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency because the market for this industry is increasing. Filipinos are getting interested in dealing with cryptocurrencies, especially in bounties. Our people spends a lot of time online and has patience for the slow internet we can avail. I hope our government can understand that this industry is really helpful to our economy.
basicbasiccha

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:03:04 PM

Be it due to fear, ignorance, or protectionism, governments have a tendency to legislate against perceived threats. The first prerogative of every government is to govern, after all, and any disruptive technology that erodes their power is liable to receive short shrift.You have to move to another country unfortunately if you want to sell your bitcoin as these governments may check where does your money come from if you sell your bitcoins using masked tools in exchanges.
hacking13

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:06:56 PM

Below are list of countries that banned bitcoin. due to various reasons.

Vietnam
Thailand
Colombia
Ecuador
Bangladesh
badungs

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:19:08 PM

I think it is the fault of his governments who always look at one eye, and always assume that bitcoin has a negative value. and I do not really think about it. it may be time that will answer and alert the governments that always say that bitcoin is very negative for their country.
I really do not expect it to happen in my country. hopefully the government soon understand that bitcoin is very positive for life. people who do not have a job, they can earn income with bitcoin. and I hope the country that still prohibits the existence of bitcoin, in the end they will legalize it.
airdnasxela

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:22:36 PM

Before we start to our topic this I want to tell that some of you might know about this but I just wanna share this to those who are not.

for everyone but not everyone shares the sentiment. From central banks and other finance company, Bitcoin's list of detractors runs for a very long time and gone so deep.But most of the government around the world seeks for the regulation of bitcoin.

Be due to fear,ignorance and protectionism, governments have a tendency to legislate against perceived threats.Countries such as japan protects its citizens to have free trade of the digital currency.But unfortunately not all countries embracing the change of our technology.In some cases citizens have had their assets seized,accounts got frozen and have been locked up, Government can't stop the blockchain from propagating, but they can stop their people in having access to it.

STOP THE BITCOIN!!

Like banning drugs,alcohol and other stuffs banning bitcoin sounds nonsensical and unforceable.That's the exact case in five countries:

1.Bangladesh
2.Bolivia
3.Ecuador
4.Kyrgyzstan
5.Nepal

It was recently reported in https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-illegal-in-nepal-police-arrest-seven-individuals-for-trading-operations/
that there were dozens of bitcoin and crypto enthusiasts get imprison seemingly guilty of little more than operating a small-scale bitcoin exchange.

Meanwhile Ecuador has outlawed bitcoin, nit because they opposed this crypto but because they want to regulate and control it and tether it with the Ecuadorian dollar.An Electronic money designed to operate ad support monetary scheme dollarization.Completing the naughty list of countries that have banned bitcoin is Kyrgyzstan, a tiny landlocked state in Central Asia,
And Bangladesh banned bitcoin, it was 2014 where Bangladesh bank stated that anyone that will be caught using such online currency could be jailed mostly because it's about "MONEY LAUNDERING".

I think this is an old news.  Some of the countries that you have mentioned aren't now banned bitcoin. Also,  the term banning is also wrong, regulate is more accurate. In my country, I don't think it will banned bitcoin. It is because our government knows how beneficial bitcoin is and they also know that it is the fraudsters who are the one who do scam and it is not bitcoin's fault why some are fooled.
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 02:41:08 AM

STOP THE BITCOIN!!

1.Bangladesh
2.Bolivia
3.Ecuador
4.Kyrgyzstan
5.Nepal

I think our country is planning to ban the use and circulation of bitcoins until the problem of taxing bitcoins is solved. The government should adopt bitcoins in the system to make our investments better and make the lives of everyone living in this country bountiful.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 03:10:42 PM

STOP THE BITCOIN!!

1.Bangladesh
2.Bolivia
3.Ecuador
4.Kyrgyzstan
5.Nepal

I think our country is planning to ban the use and circulation of bitcoins until the problem of taxing bitcoins is solved. The government should adopt bitcoins in the system to make our investments better and make the lives of everyone living in this country bountiful.
I do not think that there is any need for banning bitcoin by your country only for solving the taxation problem, because they can even solve the taxation problem without banning bitcoin, my country has banned bitcoin but still a lot of people are using bitcoin using different ways, i do not think that any government can restrict their people from using bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Phinoy

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:09:28 PM

Crypto currency is prohibited in countries with a weak economy, an authoritarian regime of government and infringed upon the rights of citizens. The authorities in these countries are afraid to provide their citizens with financial freedom and the fact that due to their inept government, capital outflow will flow through the crypto currency from their country. I think this situation will improve with time as the recognition of other countries' crypto currency and the optimal regulation of the Crypto-currency in them.

Bitcoin has increased a lot in popularity since it was created in 2009 but there still remain several regions around the world where it, and other cryptocurrencies such as Litecoin and Ethereum, are classified as illegal and not recognized as a legitimate form of currency. Bolivia It is illegal to use any currency that is not issued and controlled by a government or an authorized entity.”and more country have already banned bitcoin also China
It is a common misconception that bitcoin and digital currency are totally banned and illegal in China, but China has become the world’s largest bitcoin trading market. The bitcoin ban is strictly on banks, as the central banking authority, The People’s Bank of China is owned 70% by the Chinese government. Ecuador
The ban by Ecuador makes the most sense of any ban, as they are building a national electronic cash system, so they feel the need to protect their new currency from something clearly superior.Iceland
As of March 19, 2014 the Central Bank of Iceland issued a statement explaining the legal status of digital currency in Iceland.  India BTCXIndia was the first bitcoin exchange designed and built in India. While following KYC and AML guidelines, and allowing instant INR (Indian rupee) deposits and withdrawals, BTCXIndia was forced to close by their bank, which no longer services bitcoin businesses. The reasons are unknown, whether it is based on a perceived risk or just a simple ban by management, but the issue is widespread in India.
decoder88

Activity: 346
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:37:19 PM

STOP THE BITCOIN!!

1.Bangladesh
2.Bolivia
3.Ecuador
4.Kyrgyzstan
5.Nepal

As in the Asian country, one of the main factors that may affects on other country is China because of its huge population and strong forces so they can control or eliminate Bitcoin in Asian countries. When China banned Bitcoin to their country, numerous countries became strict in Bitcoin.
Heavens Gate

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:57:15 AM

The banned countries must wake up quickly and put their house in order even if they need to put some checks and balances in order to avoid the possible collapse and crash of sensitive economic indices in the event the world moves ahead with crypto
btcjocan

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:04:45 AM

Although the article is old but for me as a newbie it adds a lot of insight but with it I do not care, "the important thing is my investment smoothly and no obstacles" in my country also a lot of rumors about bitcoin ban but until now nothing is blocking about bitcoin, If in your country is still in a weak condition and there are no obstacles you do not panic.
That's right the important is our investment and just ignore those countries who have banned bitcoin. As long as there is no problem with your country with the using of bitcoin, there's nothing to worry about it,  and there's a lot of countries who support to use bitcoin.
masonmason

Activity: 76

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:29:58 AM

For their own reasons, there are a number of countries which have banned the usage of BTC within their borders.I guess banning cryptocurrencies will be like banning the internet, might work on paper but won’t work when implemented because of numerous loopholes, banning would just result to more unregulated laundering.
christian1103

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:05:52 AM

I wish the bitcoin ban of those five countries will not affect to Bitcoin value. It has always been FUD - Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt created by powerful people exploiting their positions.We dont know the real truth but if this is really true, I hope theyre starting to accept bitcoin. Bitcoin is really a big help to the economy of one country.
melinda29

Activity: 223
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:13:07 AM

First,my country is not fool and this is ture enough to entertain cryptocurrency to help our people and economy,second Your misleading people you only want to Have many visitors and commentors but it wasnt banned it was banning i dont know what kind of people are community having now,all wanted to gain attentions damn
Sam San

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:29:29 AM

The perception of bitcoin as well as any new information, each person has his own, hence the rejection of the crypto currency, and even its prohibition.Someone sees it as a direct threat to society, someone believes in General unnecessary..time will show how it really is.

samcun

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:31:07 AM

1. taiwan
2. ecuador
3. bolivia
4. vietnam
5. south korea
and there are many more reasons for money laundering, terrorism, etc., if I have done something else because the bitcoin currency is not affected by any country. The main reason is the visualization of countries that will be volatility and digital digital uncertainty. In addition, as quoted from bitcoinbans.com, you can also use digital currency as the basis of terrorism. In addition to countries like China are well grounded, digital currency will generate its own currency.

///    ApeSwap.finance    ///
                Stake now for over 900% APR!               
xuzukami

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:55:35 AM

Five countries that have not yet accepted bitcoin as legitimate are:
Bangladesh
volivia
Ecuador
nepal
Kyrgyzstan are countries that have not accepted Bitcoin for trading and trading
gesdan

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:00:17 AM

I think the country that banned bitcoin want to make their bitcoin is safe from the scammer and other bad activity, like money laundering, scamming, and corruption but its not should banned bitcoin, maybe they can make policy about all people register their wallet into government so the government can trace the transaction if something happen with it

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: