Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:46:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Bot  (Read 5035 times)
itake (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 05:40:17 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2012, 11:46:34 PM by itake

What is the communities opinion on algorithmic trading?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aandreas

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 07:47:47 PM

so, what´s the price?
itake (OP)

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 08:43:55 PM

so, what´s the price?

The price will be determined by a bidding process.
aandreas

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 09:27:26 PM

bidding 0.01 -beause of the lack of gui
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 10:43:43 PM

I come from pokerbotting background and I can tell you that as soon as someone provides a profitable botting solution it comes right after it stopped being profitable.

Providing backtesting will likely result in profitable results however that is the past(and yes it very well may have been profitable until now)

Could you explain why you are selling this now, since your overall profit looks mighty fine and if this is as profitable as you claim then there would be no reason for you wanting to increase competition in the small market we all trade in.

You mention that you dont have enough capital to earn money with your bot, but you actually present pretty decent profits with the $5000 starting balance ?

If you raise enough money to trade profitable(again, I dont understand since you are trading profitable allready) wont you simply compete against the 10 copies sold? (not to mention the 10 copies sold will be copied to friends/family and even resold)

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 11:28:24 PM

I come from pokerbotting background and I can tell you that as soon as someone provides a profitable botting solution it comes right after it stopped being profitable.

Providing backtesting will likely result in profitable results however that is the past(and yes it very well may have been profitable until now)

Could you explain why you are selling this now, since your overall profit looks mighty fine and if this is as profitable as you claim then there would be no reason for you wanting to increase competition in the small market we all trade in.

You mention that you dont have enough capital to earn money with your bot, but you actually present pretty decent profits with the $5000 starting balance ?

If you raise enough money to trade profitable(again, I dont understand since you are trading profitable allready) wont you simply compete against the 10 copies sold? (not to mention the 10 copies sold will be copied to friends/family and even resold)

+1,000,000

Leon

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 01:14:46 AM

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, I really don't understand why this guy would even consider selling this unless it was for a rediclous amount such as 10x the profit he has already made, at which I highly doubt anyone would buy for or risk the money.

On the other hand perhaps he has a better bot now and figured he may be able to make some for an older version.. Who knows..
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 02:03:49 AM

He didn't actually make that money, he tested the algorithm against data that was already out there.
dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 01:12:51 AM

At some time I developed a system to play the stock market. And I was using past data to test my algorithm exactly like itake did. At some point you think your IA is good because your are making money. What happen is your algo exploit things that happen in that time frame. In another set of data or another time frame it may fails miserably.
fxgmblr

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 01:34:01 AM

this guy's an idiot, he is supposedly a "professional C# developer" and yet he doesn't have enough funds to trade himself?
laffle. plus, historical results have nothing to do w/ the future. who knows what is going to happen tomorrow?
backtesting is worthless.
Leon

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 01:48:23 AM

He didn't actually make that money, he tested the algorithm against data that was already out there.

Ah, I get it now. He should BOLD that or something.
Leon

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 01:50:03 AM

this guy's an idiot, he is supposedly a "professional C# developer" and yet he doesn't have enough funds to trade himself?
laffle. plus, historical results have nothing to do w/ the future. who knows what is going to happen tomorrow?
backtesting is worthless.

Do you even know what a professional is? This simply means they make a living from it. He could make $500 a month or millions a month. So from him selling this the chances are his income is low. It doesn't take that much skill to do something like this in C++.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: