Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:56:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin rises still, but why?  (Read 1133 times)
nicolesalv

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

Ethereum Limited Edition ICO

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:35:15 PM

It is still rising and it will continue to rise because there are more supporters Bitcoin has than any other coin. Most of the crypto users hold some amount of BTC in their wallets. Bitcoin has grown so much this year and all of this is because of the new investors investing in Bitcoin these days.
Bitcoin almost doubled last month which shows how much money has flown into Bitcoin and how many coins have been holded by the investors. If people keep buying and holding BTC then it will skyrocket and break all the records.

Yes, bitcoin is still rising because of the support of the people who have trust in bitcoin and keep believing that bitcoin will give them a good investment for rhe future. As we can see also that the price of bitcoin compare to previous years are rising. So I think it is the people that keep investing in bitcoin is thw reason why bitcoin is growing faster.

[ JOIN OUR CROWDSALE    │    PRESALE ]
( E T H L )  ETHEREUM LIMITED

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
James T. Burch

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:22:43 PM

I have been wondering for a long time why Bitcoin is still rising in value. Ethereum has a better blockchain, but can't follow the pace of Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is also polluting the environment with the PoW algorithm using too much energy for mining. So there is many arguments NOT to use Bitcoin, but why do we still do it?

If you want to trade altcoins on exchanges you almost always trade against Bitcoin instead of USD (or USD Teather). So you NEED to have Bitcoin. I know that more exchanges allow trading against Ethereum and others, but still the most popular marked is BTC/XXX (where xxx is any given coin).

For me it is clear that this has to change to stop the rise in Bitcoin. I think most of us is tired of the long confirmation time in the Bitcoin block chain that can take up to an hour or more.  It's embarrassing for any crypto to have such a long validation time.

I therefore hope that exchanges will adapt USD as the standard measure and stop having Bitcoin/Altcoin pairs.... it will probably not happen. I'm just saying what I would like to see.

I think exactly that is keeping the Bitcoin price high.

Comments?

Also posted here: http://rimbit.dk/showthread.php?tid=656
On Wall Street people have seen a lot of views favor Bitcoin. Although there is still a clear division of thought between banks and Wall Street organizations on the virtual currency, many are on Bitcoin and the names Dimon and Jordan Belfort are stuck. left behind.
nagiblem

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:33:44 PM

The answer to that is because the demand is getting higher and higher. The higher the demand for bitcoin the higher value it may become. It shows only that the volume of investors is so many thats why the demand is getting higher.

RakknRoll

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:52:44 PM

yes it still rises, it is because bitcoin is in demand in the market and many users investing everyday in it, thats why the price of it still rises everyday and many uses bitcoin for their everyday transactions.
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:05:49 PM

Bitcoins are growing, more and more people known bitcoins and they are seeing the benefits of bitocoin, so more and more people used it, the demand for bitcoins is increasing rapidly and it's prices are rising continuously.
what about what happened today? Is bitcoin down due to people who know little and also little demand?
mitchel_am

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:11:07 PM

I think bitcoin already developed a huge power around itself so now it's almost impossible to change it and to have another coin higher than bitcoin
shinjunobi09

Activity: 126
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:15:28 PM

One reason maybe bitcoin is still the far most popular coins in the cryptocurrency world. And second ethereum may have a bettee blockchain but still bitcoin is still the coins accepted as mode of payment, in which is the fairly reason why bitcoin still has the highest trading value in our crypto market today.

Shutup

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:16:23 PM

I have been wondering for a long time why Bitcoin is still rising in value. Ethereum has a better blockchain, but can't follow the pace of Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is also polluting the environment with the PoW algorithm using too much energy for mining. So there is many arguments NOT to use Bitcoin, but why do we still do it?

If you want to trade altcoins on exchanges you almost always trade against Bitcoin instead of USD (or USD Teather). So you NEED to have Bitcoin. I know that more exchanges allow trading against Ethereum and others, but still the most popular marked is BTC/XXX (where xxx is any given coin).

For me it is clear that this has to change to stop the rise in Bitcoin. I think most of us is tired of the long confirmation time in the Bitcoin block chain that can take up to an hour or more.  It's embarrassing for any crypto to have such a long validation time.

I therefore hope that exchanges will adapt USD as the standard measure and stop having Bitcoin/Altcoin pairs.... it will probably not happen. I'm just saying what I would like to see.

Comments?

Bitcoin has a volatile value, so we expect for the price increase and price decrease. This is the time bitcoin is decreasing so let's patiently wait for the increasing price. Just don't give up to tour belief so that you will count as a bitcoin loyal. Because your loyalty will bring you to success.
Harrow30

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:27:51 PM

You as right as regards the major reason why bitcoin is still high because it is majorly used on the exchanges to acquire the altcoins. As it is now, ethereum is also now being used which is giving it too more relevance.

[  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]    WELCOME TO DATABLOCKCHAIN    [  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]
Mainsale now LIVE!  //  Raised $16 Million in PRE-SALE
johnniecarlson781

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:41:30 PM

Bitcoin achieved the trust of investors and creates their demand and so many reasons are occured with Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the most advanced cin for business. Bitcoin has a stability and acceptance. So many matter are related with Bitcoin for rising its price.
matanglawin

Activity: 372

The Organic Growth Token

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:46:35 PM

Maybe that is because Bitcoin is still having a high demand on the market even if  its market value is falling. The reason behind this is the trust established by Bitcoin to its users. Users are awared that uts market value will eventually increase no matter how big the dump is. They still choose to hold making the demand high, and letting its market value to recover.

KitToken                         
                                         Utility * Organic Growth * Sharing                                         
▔  Whitepaper  TelegramTwitterFacebookYoutubeMedium   Announce  ▔
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:33:27 PM

Maybe that is because Bitcoin is still having a high demand on the market even if  its market value is falling. The reason behind this is the trust established by Bitcoin to its users. Users are awared that uts market value will eventually increase no matter how big the dump is. They still choose to hold making the demand high, and letting its market value to recover.
No doubt about this that the increasing demand of bitcoin users is increasing. I think we do not need to sell bitcoin right now but should try to buy more, because still bitcoin is the strongest crypto currencies and very soon its value will start increasing and hope that investing money in such project can be consider as more profitable.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
1 currency now

Activity: 235
Merit: 101

a sharp sword

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:36:44 PM

Bitcoin achieved the trust of investors and creates their demand and so many reasons are occured with Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the most advanced cin for business. Bitcoin has a stability and acceptance. So many matter are related with Bitcoin for rising its price.
That is why people want Bitcoin. Other than just using it for trading, it has a purpose beyond the markets.

OG member.
Brian Ray
Kavallo

Activity: 395
Merit: 129

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:51:27 PM

You have to understand that Bitcoin is now entirely a speculative entity. It has no monetary properties any more - high fees, impossible confirmation times, etc. For traders, Bitcoin is just a safe brand, it "sounds" good, nobody of them cares about what Bitcoin is or is not, the only relevant feature of Bitcoin for them is that it must be good for speculating. And, until now, it has always been. That's it.
btcCoincart

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:53:44 PM

Because investors are still so panic to jump in out get out! This is a difficult time for bitcoin. But in my opinion everything will be well in February
braZZers123

Activity: 216
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:04:04 PM

Comments?

This is an interesting thought. Perhaps this is one of the reasons that bitcoin is very popular. What you say is not profitable and risky for exchanges, because bitcoin is the strongest cryptocurrency.

●● BELIFEX.COM ●●
◆ Belifex Blockchain Solutions is Public Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Project & Fully Open-source  ◆
Telegram  ◣Facebook  ◣Twitter  ◣Youtube
ALI AKBAR

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:34:48 PM

Bitcoin is still increasing because the demand for Bitcoin in the world market is increasing. Those states in the world who termed Bitcoin as illegal, are now recognizing Bitcoin as valid. Bitcoin is increasing the standard of living of people. Helping people to get extra money. People can easily meet their daily needs with profit in bitcoin. With the help of Bitcoin, it is being traded anywhere in the world. Finally, due to the excess demand of Bitcoin, its price is still increasing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: