Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:14:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tool to claim coins for all Bitcoin forks without using wallets or running nodes  (Read 9246 times)
Ayms (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 33

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:39:28 PM
Merited by tyz (5), poptok1 (5), European Central Bank (5), suchmoon (4), xandry (2), vapourminer (1), Lion BItcoin Shop (1)

Please see https://github.com/Ayms/bitcoin-transactions

Quasi all of the altcoins and forked coins are using the Bitcoin core code, therefore the transactions have quasi the same format with some minor differences

Then a simple tool can be used, this standalone tool allows you to create your transactions and manage your keys by yourself, eliminating the risk of disclosing them and getting robbed, eliminating the risk of getting stuck into your wallet and eliminating the need to run/sync a full node and/or wallet

This works for standard and multisig transactions (but do not use segwit addresses) from any kind of "wallets"

Once you have created your transaction offline, you can send it via the tool to a recommended full node or via a blockchain explorer

Supported coins for now are: BTG, BCH, BCD, SBTC, BTX, BTC, ZEC, LTC, DOGE, DASH but many others could be added (please post an issue if you see a need), upcoming bitcoin forks coins will be added as soon as they release their code on github (thanks to post an issue too or email when this happens since we don't monitor it every day)

It can look a bit complicate but is not so much if you follow carefully the recommended use, you just need a blockchain explorer to retrieve the inputs (and to know your keys of course)

There are dev fees of ~1.5% to support the development effort but on another hand you can decide for the network fees and lower them to compensate

This tool is not only to "claim" coins which as explained does not really mean anything but also to manage your transactions by yourself and eventually stop sending coins (and paying fees) "from wallets to other wallets" which is not relevant in most cases

There are many forks coming, we can suspect that some are quite dubious (if you look at the code of some projects it's quite funny how they just modfied a very little the Bitcoin core code, probably a two years old child could do this better and launch a fork), as well as how they will instruct people to "claim" their coins, using this tool is at no risk (again if you carefully check what you are doing)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ayms (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:36:31 PM

United Bitcoin added
Ayms (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:27:32 PM

B2X added
Ayms (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:21:59 PM

Bitcoin Pizza added
Ayms (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:29:53 PM

Bitcoin Private added
~Money~

Activity: 1132
Merit: 536

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:47:07 PM

it is a a great contribution to the crypto world, i will try to promote it
hope you get more attention on your nice project
Ayms (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:34:37 PM

it is a a great contribution to the crypto world, i will try to promote it
hope you get more attention on your nice project

Thanks!
Ayms (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:37:28 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 06:35:09 PM by Ayms

Bitcoin Cash Plus added

But please see: "Bitcoin Cash Plus (Warning: this fork does not implement any replay protection with BCH, it's not recommended to use it unless you really know what you are doing and you owe the destination addresses where you send your coins)"

In one word: don't use it since there is a suspicion that we are dealing with amateurism stuff (or intended one since the devs don't answer, cf https://github.com/bitcoincashplus/bitcoincashplus/issues/32)

[Update]

Warning sent: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2392061.msg29329533#msg29329533

"This just means that if you still have BCH before the BCH fork (therefore BCPs), transactions that you will do with them can be replayed on both chains (BCH and BCP)"

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this, so, finally, unlike what I keep saying (don't rush to "claim" your coins, you have them already), given the number of forks, it's probably not a bad idea to "claim" coins (ie to move them after a fork so the coins can't be subject later to a replay attack of a later misdesigned fork, which of course can be intentional)

[Update2]

To explain a little bit more, those that are in such a situation, should they decide to send their coins, should send them ONLY to an address that they master (and not to an exchange for example), then the attacker could replay the transaction and will just send the coins to you on the other chain, which can be disturbing since you are not supposed to know it (and you might not even know that someone sent your coins to some unknown chains) and you might be confused by the different addresses between both chains (which in fact are the same, see the tool repo again where this is explained) to find your coins back

Ayms (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:25:25 PM

Current status of forks "ranking" (good, dubious, scam): https://github.com/Ayms/bitcoin-transactions#forked-coins
Ayms (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:28:15 AM

Bitcoin Candy added
Ayms (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:28:31 PM

Bitcoin Atom added
ghoom2

Activity: 548
Merit: 265

My old account was "Ghoom" (hacked) u=199247

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:45:12 PM

Thanks for tool.

You can look https://github.com/ymgve/bitcoin_fork_claimer too

█████████████ ⚡ BITCOIN 2 ⚡ ███████c█████████████████
█████████████ ⚡ Join the discussion thread ⚡ █████████████
👀 Private  ⚡ Fast  ¢ Low fees 🔴 Scalable 💡 Economical  ❂ Decentralized
Ayms (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:19:43 PM

Thanks for tool.

You can look https://github.com/ymgve/bitcoin_fork_claimer too

Thanks, looks cool, a bit different on some aspects but very similar in general
Dlugina23

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:57:35 AM

I claim my fork bitcoin in yobit,not much money but better then nothing.
Ayms (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:38:56 PM

Added: Bitcoin Community "BTSQ", Bitcoin King "BCK", Bitcoin Pay "BTP", Bitcoin Top "BTT", Bitcoin Vote "BTV", Bitcoin Hot "BTH", Bitcoin New "BTN", Bitcoin X "BCX", Bitcoin Faith "BTF", Bitcoin World "BTW", World Bitcoin "WBTC"

@ghoom2 I used the git repos when available, if not the info in your tool, I did not compare everything but for example we have different protocol versions for UBTC, BTN and BTSQ
ghoom2

Activity: 548
Merit: 265

My old account was "Ghoom" (hacked) u=199247

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:16:14 PM

Added: Bitcoin Community "BTSQ", Bitcoin King "BCK", Bitcoin Pay "BTP", Bitcoin Top "BTT", Bitcoin Vote "BTV", Bitcoin Hot "BTH", Bitcoin New "BTN", Bitcoin X "BCX", Bitcoin Faith "BTF", Bitcoin World "BTW", World Bitcoin "WBTC"

@ghoom2 I used the git repos when available, if not the info in your tool, I did not compare everything but for example we have different protocol versions for UBTC, BTN and BTSQ

It's not my tool. it may be https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=19707

█████████████ ⚡ BITCOIN 2 ⚡ ███████c█████████████████
█████████████ ⚡ Join the discussion thread ⚡ █████████████
👀 Private  ⚡ Fast  ¢ Low fees 🔴 Scalable 💡 Economical  ❂ Decentralized
Lion BItcoin Shop

Activity: 586
Merit: 500

BitcoreService.com

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:38:01 AM

hello @ayms
can you make video tutorial to claiming  bitcoin gold from block.io ( i have the privekey) this is the example
* Address: 3NtGVdCnt4TNUgtgrABCxxxxxxx
* Address Type: P2WSH-over-P2SH

* Required Signatures: 2

* Redeem Script: 2 xxcxxxx xxxxxx 2 OP_CHECKMULTISIG

* Redeem Script Hex: xxxxxx

* Public Keys: ["xxxxxx", "xxxxx"]

* Private Keys: ["xxxxx", "xxxxx"]

i will give the privekey detail at PM if you interesting, and the bitcoin gold amount will be yours as fee.

the final balance is 0.14btg

Ayms (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:35:35 AM

hello @ayms
can you make video tutorial to claiming  bitcoin gold from block.io ( i have the privekey) this is the example

i will give the privekey detail at PM if you interesting, and the bitcoin gold amount will be yours as fee.

For now I have added those images as a tutorial https://github.com/Ayms/bitcoin-transactions#standard-wallets-2 but probably it's not enough

Could you please email me for your case? Don't send me the private keys of course, not sure to get "P2WSH-over-P2SH" for your multisig address, need to take a look
Lion BItcoin Shop

Activity: 586
Merit: 500

BitcoreService.com

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:30:55 PM

hello @ayms

For now I have added those images as a tutorial https://github.com/Ayms/bitcoin-transactions#standard-wallets-2 but probably it's not enough

Could you please email me for your case? Don't send me the private keys of course, not sure to get "P2WSH-over-P2SH" for your multisig address, need to take a look

send you via PM

Ayms (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:29:00 PM

Segwit support added, see https://github.com/Ayms/bitcoin-transactions

P2WPKH and P2WSH

@Lion Bitcoin Shop I email you
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: