Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:54:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to wrap my head around how Bitcointalk got here  (Read 113 times)
bitperson (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:21:01 AM
Merited by ibminer (1)

Hey,

I’ve been wondering about a couple of things Meta. Probably due to the sheer number of posts, I was unable to find out much by searching. But I did run into Satoshi’s post history in the process Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3;sa=showPosts Of course, it only dates back to the creation of this ‘new’ forum, but anyway. And Satoshi’s link to the old one throws an error.

First, a chicken-or-egg question about the user levels on this forum. Was there a multi-level user rank system in place to begin with, and did people at some point begin to game it with low quality posts to advance quicker? Or were the levels introduced to curb spamming? And do you think this forum would be viable in the absence of levels (other than those necessary for admin purposes)?

Second, what’s the deal with the ICO/ANN/altcoin content? I’ve recently seen posts complaining that various Bitcointalk rules make it difficult for people to make money in that ‘industry’. Is there significant support in the Bitcointalk ‘management’ (which, I guess, pretty much means theymos) for all that altcoin related ‘get rich quick’ stuff, or are admins just reluctantly trying to confine it to its own boards because it can’t be stopped anymore?

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1AWrZWnN4ThpGB5z24WTzsoZRMqvLpDGYU
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: