Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:45:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit not for sale!  (Read 3847 times)
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 01:06:12 AM
Merited by Mister1k (1)

What Op has stated as the last point adds value to the entire merit system that has come to effect with the hard effort of theymos. Merit system will ensure obedience among the users allowing them to improve the quality of posts. The merit one gains will make them stand away from common posters. Everything has got loophole, so making it functional with cent percent effective need to be prioritized.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
portotoi

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:53:53 AM

I hope everybody would be fair about this new feature implemented by admin theymos.
This thread is for the purpose of awareness that merit is given to a constructive and quality post. I have made a thread here in the market place section, hoping that there will not be such things like buying and selling merits. Let's work with our own asses.

P.S.
OP  is not asking attention, read and understand.  Obedience is better than sacrifice.

Merit is an additional requirement in order to promote a rank of a user, it may be an additional burden to other user but for me it serves as inspiration and a high morale to a user because it is equivalent for a appreciation to your post.

feelthebern98

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:56:17 AM

Although merit is being bought and sold it will definitely increase the posting quality in Bitcointalk. A big portion of the users will need to work harder and these who deserve it will rank up, a minority will rank up due to purchasing merit and accounts, however the amount of garbage in the forum will diminish and people motivation will change which is the important.
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:15:41 AM

Perhaps many buy and sell merit points in secret, I think it is very difficult to get merit points, most people will probably take a shortcut, maybe they have multiple accounts to send each other..
this system is new and most of the merits goes to meta posts.
people need more time to know about this system. maybe 1-3 months is enough time to know if this system good or bad.
we have total 600,000 smerits and 36 sources.
let’s wait more time and Then we judge the system

Exactly, with in days we cannot judge how merit system is going to work. To get full information we have to wait for another 1 or 2 month to get answers for merit system.

Ludwig van Cryptoven

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:51:41 AM

The merit system has nothing to do with posts' quality, that is just a pretext.
It's only real ain is to keep away people like me from signature campaign.
Vip people don't like concurrence.
Onurb

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:29:57 AM

I couldn't agree more. May be the intentions are good, but the results are without any sense.
For example, I can't give you any merit. And I understand that - out of an elite of "gods" in the forum, even full or senior have a very limited number or merits to give. It's just a way to stop the growth of the beginners.
Gaspard de la nuit

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:47:44 AM

As a complete beginner, it seems to me that I have only a remote possibility to grow in this system.
I heard that there is the possibility to make promotion campaign just to earn something, but they are reserved to senior.
It seems to me very difficult to earn this kind of points. We'll see.
lienfaye

Activity: 2912
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:14:22 AM

This system encourage each user to post a worthy one, if you are a quality poster then you dont have any problem to get merit because higher ranks tend to give their smerit to the good posters so they can rank up accordingly. Nowadays what others most concern about is to rank up fast (regardless of their post quality) hence they can join in campaign and this system is the answer to reduce the shitposts.

richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:42:27 AM

We must be responsible about this merit system because if you do sold your smerit, you will surely face huge consequence for that action. If you find it hard to get some merit then you must be creative because not everyone who post quality got some merit, some who got merits are comes from their skills to help people.
canaveralnonie

Activity: 518
Merit: 111

Dota2

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:29:23 PM

Can anyone here know how many merit can I use in one day?  or even based on your rank? Cause there's a lot of bitcoiner/message that I want to send merit because of good sense of post. Just giving merit to those who are worthy to have.
v0rtecxz

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:33:59 PM

every person is responsible for every merit they have, no one knows for what they use it, in order to get the merit we are required to make a quality post so that people acknowledge and give merit to the post, but there are some irresponsible people who sell merit them for a few dollars, they do not care about the quality of posts they have, by buying they think it will be fast for the future they reach the desired rank, so there is no need for any achievements they do
lenovo16

Activity: 210
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:52:41 PM

every person is responsible for every merit they have, no one knows for what they use it, in order to get the merit we are required to make a quality post so that people acknowledge and give merit to the post, but there are some irresponsible people who sell merit them for a few dollars, they do not care about the quality of posts they have, by buying they think it will be fast for the future they reach the desired rank, so there is no need for any achievements they do
Well definitely you have a point. After admin theymos make a solution for this dying forum , there are still a lot of people who continue to wreck this forum. Because they are choose to sell their merit rarher than giving it to the person who deserve it. But like what other always say' those who will be caught abusing the merit system will be punish.
StonedWolf

Activity: 308
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:38:08 PM

The decision of adding the merit points as condition for members  to move up in ranks, is a great one. Now, only those who know, what to write and how to write will get what they deserve (better ranks). I believe that this new system truly distinguish those who have a good english from those with bad one. And this, will help our community evolve.

It is true that many may see this as an oppotunity to sell/buy merits, but i hope they won't do it. What moderateers are here for? i am sure they did put this into consideration when they thought of this new system. and i believe that they will find out and know whenever someone abuse the "merit points". That is why i think that the "good" members will be fine.

Let's just all believe in the people of our great community, and like you said, let's work our asses off.

bhadz

Activity: 2408
Merit: 564

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 03:41:19 PM

Can anyone here know how many merit can I use in one day?  or even based on your rank?
You will not rank up anymore unless you'll get the right amount of merit for your ranking up to senior member which is 250. Activity isn't the only requirement you'll need to rank up so even you'll have 240 activity but you haven't reached 250 merit, you will remain full member.
Cause there's a lot of bitcoiner/message that I want to send merit because of good sense of post. Just giving merit to those who are worthy to have.
That's fine that you'll give merit to those people who are worthy of it and you'll do it right. There are more tips found in this thread.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:08:15 PM

Its purpose is not to limit you from entering a campaign because there are many other ways to do it like allowing you to rank up and then banning you or painting you red to make all of that time and effort go to waste. Merit was introduced to limit spam and account farming. When a shitposter finds himself waiting months just to get a member status he'll either start posting like a normal person or leave the forum.

I couldn't agree more. May be the intentions are good, but the results are without any sense.
For example, I can't give you any merit. And I understand that - out of an elite of "gods" in the forum, even full or senior have a very limited number or merits to give. It's just a way to stop the growth of the beginners.

You can't give merit to others because you haven't produced any content yet! If newbies could give each other merit spammers and farmers would make 100 new accounts just to level up 1 with merit. Why does every new user want to become recognized since day 1 and have all the privileges? Are you guys so detached from reality or is it greed speaking?

AleksandrKosov

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

PITCH – THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:49:33 PM

I already wrote in another topic for sale / purchase merit. The whole problem is the deficit of merit, so it becomes valuable and there are precedents for sell. When the merit will be more than necessary, then the process of rewarding quality posts will occur naturally (if there are many merits, then there will be many offers for sale and the price for sale will be so low that it will be uninteresting for sellers to risk and sell their measures for a pittance). This is a simple rule of supply and demand.

reda

Activity: 910
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:18:34 PM

I already wrote in another topic for sale / purchase merit. The whole problem is the deficit of merit, so it becomes valuable and there are precedents for sell. When the merit will be more than necessary, then the process of rewarding quality posts will occur naturally (if there are many merits, then there will be many offers for sale and the price for sale will be so low that it will be uninteresting for sellers to risk and sell their measures for a pittance). This is a simple rule of supply and demand.

Now merit is important for account increase the rank and it help to entering the campaign. But merit was limit one. So you will safe to use and don't wast your merit.
If need to merit you improve your post quality. If no one send merit in your account your account rank is not increase. So if need to improve your account rank. Post quality is must.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:43:59 PM

What Op has stated as the last point adds value to the entire merit system that has come to effect with the hard effort of theymos. Merit system will ensure obedience among the users allowing them to improve the quality of posts. The merit one gains will make them stand away from common posters. Everything has got loophole, so making it functional with cent percent effective need to be prioritized.

I see some DT members are also simply sharing the merits each other for the shit posts. Now we see many newbies creates the shit threads in the bitcoin discussion, economics and speculation section. People simply making posts also sometime makes the decent post but the people who know about merits like the concern post. I am sure they will share that to them. No need to worry about it buddy.
As Theymos said, this will be considered as test check soon he will understand how it is going in the forum and reconsider with merit points for the each rank upgrade.
Quidat

Activity: 2562
Merit: 537

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:11:04 PM

I see some DT members are also simply sharing the merits each other for the shit posts. Now we see many newbies creates the shit threads in the bitcoin discussion, economics and speculation section. People simply making posts also sometime makes the decent post but the people who know about merits like the concern post. I am sure they will share that to them. No need to worry about it buddy.
As Theymos said, this will be considered as test check soon he will understand how it is going in the forum and reconsider with merit points for the each rank upgrade.
Actually im seeing this new merit system do have its advantage and disadvantages as well and im sure most of us is already aware on the things that are happening as of now. I do see some equality on this matter where only popular person would really have the chance or commonly get some merits. I have lurked this forum and even some good and informative post doesnt really been given a merit. Im sure it is really a good post but you are nobody on this forum where it is expected there would really be no merit for you.
BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:13:34 PM

Great thread for bring up the attention to everyone. It's a good start with the additional rating system. Still need more time to iron out the details.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: