Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:37:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit not for sale!  (Read 3847 times)
Leeeeeya

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:11:28 PM

It should be something you should work hard for, not something that you can buy easily. User's who have many of it shouldn't sell it because there are also users who are doing their best to earn it, it should be like what that are doing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thelemot

Activity: 241
Merit: 36

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:05:17 PM
Merited by mostkey (1)

perhaps because it's only just started, some people are not too familiar with merit. so it's very difficult to get merit even if posting with good quality. because most people think not too important also give them merit. so in the future I hope it works accordingly. if someone post with a good quality then appreciate it by giving merit. not just commenting and just leaving. thank you
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:50:33 PM

I think this is great for reducing the number of users. and requires the struggle for users to increase their quality and rank. but this is one of the highlights, so the reward can be right to the users of good quality posts
laza89laza

Activity: 78
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:47:18 PM

I have nothing against this new system, quite opposite I think it's good way to protect this forum from spammers. However, I have many things I need to take care of on a daily basis, and I sometimes have an hour only to spend here, in which due to various restrictions I can barely even start a proper discussion. I understand It's impossible to do any vetting to know who's a spammer and who wants to give value to the forum, but as a new member I will need to spend a huge amount of time until I am even able to give any contribution.

But either way, even though I wish I was more active in the past, or that I could be allowed to post more frequently, I'm totally against selling merit, since it defeats the purpose.
DenCho?

Activity: 494
Merit: 120

In BTC we trust!

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 11:43:44 PM

A lot of you speaks about fighting with spammers and I can't understand how this system do it)
I agree that improving quality of posts is important, but we will not have less useless topics that make good themes to go from the second page and lose attention...
And one more thing is that you need too much merit to level up and very a little of smerit to give to others...
PS I don't want to buy/sell anything related to this awesome forum)

@BitcoinSchool_bot - oбpaзoвaтeльный Telegram-бoт. Учиcь, пoкa oпять нe нaчaлocь!
mi56374100

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:15:53 AM

Many of the advantages of buying and selling are secret, and some people may take shortcuts.

There are always some people who find a way to break down the cause of the new system.
Lanatsa

Activity: 2814
Merit: 647

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:16:11 PM

Many of the advantages of buying and selling are secret, and some people may take shortcuts.

There are always some people who find a way to break down the cause of the new system.
This is a sure thing even no matter how we do keep an eye on to those who sell off merits publicly but we cant really avoid the thing that there are people who do have hidden agenda selling out their merits for the sake of money or just purely farming it up with their own accounts.We are still on early phase of our new merit system and there are still lots of space to improve this thing if there are flaws regarding this one.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:44:39 PM

I hope everybody would be fair about this new feature implemented by admin theymos.
This thread is for the purpose of awareness that merit is given to a constructive and quality post. I have made a thread here in the market place section, hoping that there will not be such things like buying and selling merits. Let's work with our own asses.

P.S.
OP  is not asking attention, read and understand.  Obedience is better than sacrifice.

Selling merit for me is not a good way to sell it. This should be give for the member who deserves to receive a merit because of constructive and quality post. Though there is no rules for the member where selling merit is not allowable. Perhaps if they will release a new rules where selling merits is prohibited.
Holla123

Activity: 504
Merit: 131

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:35:55 PM

I hope everybody would be fair about this new feature implemented by admin theymos.
This thread is for the purpose of awareness that merit is given to a constructive and quality post. I have made a thread here in the market place section, hoping that there will not be such things like buying and selling merits. Let's work with our own asses.

P.S.
OP  is not asking attention, read and understand.  Obedience is better than sacrifice.

I like the idea of the merit system but it is putting hero and legendary accounts in a strong position that they did not work for the same way as younger members. I am totally annoyed when I look at my current bounty campaign. Some hero/legendary jumping in late will get more stakes than me with only participating short time and I can clearly see when those accounts got purchased either by change in language or long gap in usage.

For the merit system to work I feel there has to be more clarity to members that they dont lose anything giving merit for posts they like. Also a small incentive would be good like for 5 merit you give someone you get 0.5 yourself or something in that style. If members are supposed to do quality control there has to be some reward.

Currently there is only an incentive to go to specific talks where potential merit donators hang out to get some from those. There is not point yet to add quality content. I put at least some effort in my posts and did not get single merit point so far so the merit system right now for me a pain in the ass as I was hoping to make it senior member at some stage and now I also have to worry about that merit thing.
Gulayman

Activity: 173
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:14:51 AM

P.S.
OP  is not asking attention, read and understand.  Obedience is better than sacrifice.
I agree to you, but sadly many of them the merit will become the buy and sell. Many of us I think has a truly and surely answer in the forum but they not given a Merit. So they think it's better to buy than torturing their self to think a better answer.
zhangxie29152784

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 02:05:31 AM

I really hope the good members here will get the help they deserve.

The advantage system is a good thing, at least we know that developers still care about the best members here.
zhdmil

Activity: 94
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:00:48 AM

Buying merit is one way of cheating in my opinion, whereas in the buyer's account there is no quality post at all that there is only spam. It would be the envy of the members of the forum who have been trying hard to make a good post. Until now I have not got merit. Hopefully quickly given a redtrust.
om_iyo

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:57:17 AM

P.S.
Saddly, but many people are already selling/buying Merit points, for example here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2827197.0
On local boards there are much more Merit sellers. There was people who got 20 or even 50 Merit for a low quality posts, it's obvious abuse of Merit system. Both, buyer and seller has to be reported to DT members and they will give them red trust rating.
I have no idea to buy merit, even I've get no one. I'm trying to post something good, help and give support  anyone in any thread, etc. For me, merit is a bonus for the the best can we did. It is a given. And honestly, I have no money to buy it.  Grin
Onurb

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:08:02 AM

There is no sense in buying merits, because it's not to rank up the aim of this forum.
But some people make a living just earning little money from campaigns, so for them it's important to have merit, and probably they will buy them,.
sugihe

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:54:29 AM

P.S.

This is actually should happen with the new merit system, its not for sale.
But many member just use this new feature to gain much money. The only member who get merit is member who allow to pay it.
Astrilian

Activity: 350
Merit: 112

Ecosystem for Fundraising DAOs — ICOs 2.0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:02:12 PM

P.S.
OP  is not asking attention, read and understand.  Obedience is better than sacrifice.

I like the idea of the merit system but it is putting hero and legendary accounts in a strong position that they did not work for the same way as younger members. I am totally annoyed when I look at my current bounty campaign. Some hero/legendary jumping in late will get more stakes than me with only participating short time and I can clearly see when those accounts got purchased either by change in language or long gap in usage.

For the merit system to work I feel there has to be more clarity to members that they dont lose anything giving merit for posts they like. Also a small incentive would be good like for 5 merit you give someone you get 0.5 yourself or something in that style. If members are supposed to do quality control there has to be some reward.

Currently there is only an incentive to go to specific talks where potential merit donators hang out to get some from those. There is not point yet to add quality content. I put at least some effort in my posts and did not get single merit point so far so the merit system right now for me a pain in the ass as I was hoping to make it senior member at some stage and now I also have to worry about that merit thing.

You speak my mind and pointed out exactly what also frustrates me with this new system. You also made a good suggestion regarding the improvement of the current adoption. Unfortunately no one seemingly took any notice, let alone dropping you some merit. Regarding your own status, you received 1 merit from me for another good post earlier, not much to get anywhere close to rank up, but I don't have much myself despite being in the forum since almost half a year and trying to write informative posts. Needless to say I did not receive a single merit myself...it's quite depressing but nothing we can do

crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:12:45 PM

The advantage system is a good thing, at least we know that developers still care about the best members here.

No one will help you aside from yourself, people will give merit if they think you deserve it. For me just do your best, don’t focus much on ranking up because at that level you can still know better. You will got red trust if the DT members saw you selling or trading some merits, better to follow the process and enjoy later.
Emin90

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:44:40 PM

as it says everywhere there are people who want to get their benefits, those who sell as well as those who buy verit harm to our community.It is necessary to make it quality and spam and they do not understand the meaning of merit and want to get around this barrier and buy it, although it is better for them to be writing more reasonable articles and posts!and how long will they do it? over time, here only quality content and purchase will not give them anything of merit!

marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:49:02 PM

I think this is great for reducing the number of users. and requires the struggle for users to increase their quality and rank. but this is one of the highlights, so the reward can be right to the users of good quality posts
This is not correct.
Merit won't reduce number of users but it will reduce number of accounts. It is a big difference.
raul lemos

Activity: 133

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:52:15 PM

No one will help you aside from yourself, people will give merit if they think you deserve it. For me just do your best, don’t focus much on ranking up because at that level you can still know better. You will got red trust if the DT members saw you selling or trading some merits, better to follow the process and enjoy later.

but the reality is some member who can actually ranks up but can't because of merit system. nobody want to give them merit because don't know the person, they just want to give merit to their relatives or friends. hence the good member who is actually build good post don't have merit. it's a reality, you can't just say good post=merit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: