Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:12:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea for the Bounty Section and ANN improvement + update  (Read 253 times)
TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:51:04 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 12:36:16 PM by iasenko
Merited by TMAN (1), cissrawk (1)

I made an example of something maybe useful and something that was missing here from my point of view. Many people are in the forum only for the bounties, f is this good or bad I can't say, but this is what they ask for all the time, especially the newbies: A list with all the bounties available for them.
If theymos decides to remove the signature campaigns, as it was discussed earlier HERE this will be irrelevant, but I leave this to the Admins.

Now the problem I see:
The Services and Bounty sections are full of spam posts with questions like "Which sig campaign to join", "Any campaign for newbies" etc.
Old bounties and new bounties are mixed on every page and it is a mess.

This is just an example how the system might work and improve the currents situation >
Here is what I created - Google form to be filled by the bounty managers /I have to note that it does not collect email addresses/:
https://goo.gl/forms/hXdTSWTwSc7pvg6H3

The spreadsheet with the answers:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CFL41C6zmkKkzBpqgghR93WGIvqp8N_XT4WlqeW4vkg/edit#gid=1594220160

Everything will be easier to read and to follow bounties, find a new one according your rank.

I want to hear your opinion.

Just a note to the early adopters: Not all the newbies,bounty hunters or non-native (NNES) are shitposters. For some It's more like a stage you go trough when you are new to the community, and you have your first interactions with this different cryptoworld in some way.
Trough the campaign I've joined til now I've learned many new things, reading whitepapers and understanding the process and possibilities given by the blockchain technology. I'm not gonna make big money out of it,I have my well paid job here in Norway, but acquire knowledge on the way.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Thirio

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:57:42 PM

I made an example of something maybe useful and something that was missing here from my point of view. Many people are in the forum only for the bounties, f is this good or bad I can't say, but this is what they ask for all the time, especially the newbies: A list with all the bounties available for them.
If theymos decides to remove the signature campaigns, as it was discussed earlier HERE this will be irrelevant, but I leave this to the Admins.

Now the problem I see:
The Services and Bounty sections are full of spam posts with questions like "Which sig campaign to join", "Any campaign for newbies" etc.
Old bounties and new bounties are mixed on every page and it is a mess.

This is just an example how the system might work and improve the currents situation >
Here is what I created - Google form to be filled by the bounty managers /I have to note that it does not collect email addresses/:
https://goo.gl/forms/hXdTSWTwSc7pvg6H3

The spreadsheet with the answers:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CFL41C6zmkKkzBpqgghR93WGIvqp8N_XT4WlqeW4vkg/edit#gid=1594220160

Everything will be easier to read and to follow bounties, find a new one according your rank.

I want to hear your opinion.

Just a note to the early adopters: Not all the newbies,bounty hunters or non-native (NNES) are shitposters. For some It's more like a stage you go trough when you are new to the community, and you have your first interactions with this different cryptoworld in some way.
Trough the campaign I've joined til now I've learned many new things, reading whitepapers and understanding the process and possibilities given by the blockchain technology. I'm not gonna make big money out of it,I have my well paid job here in Norway, but acquire knowledge on the way.
Such dedication! This would help literally everyone who's applying for campaigns! I would like to suggest a minor thing, if you may? Can you add  a column for their capaign link? If you can include this that would be awesome! But if not no worries! I still support this idea! Goodluck on this!
TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:49:54 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 12:58:15 PM by iasenko

This is just one idea how to put a little order in the mess /at least I see it that way/ in the forum. Regarding the bounty links, I think the link to the ANN thread is enough because everyone should read it before joining campaign.

cryptocrusher

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:13:08 PM

It's a nice idea and it would certainly tidy things up a little but the main issue with something like this is actually pushing people to use it. Bounty managers for starters are probably quite happy with the way things are, they're earning some really good money for really quite easy work and probably don't see a reason to change unless they're forced to.

Second to that, this still won't stop guys from asking 'what campaign is best' etc, these people don't want to take the time to research projects and make their own decisions, they want to be spoon fed.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:25:43 PM

It's a nice idea and it would certainly tidy things up a little but the main issue with something like this is actually pushing people to use it. Bounty managers for starters are probably quite happy with the way things are, they're earning some really good money for really quite easy work and probably don't see a reason to change unless they're forced to.

Second to that, this still won't stop guys from asking 'what campaign is best' etc, these people don't want to take the time to research projects and make their own decisions, they want to be spoon fed.

Yeah I know, thats why I introduced the idea to the admins erlier here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2605767.msg28433845#msg28433845
If the moderators take over and make new rules in the ANN and bounty section it will be much easier for everyone. I'm just giving the idea here so everyone can benefit out of it. If they what to create their own form and spreadsheet it's OK. Or they want me to take over, this is also OK, I'll do it. There are so many other things to be changed and fixed, I have more ideas but we'll see. just step by step Smiley

SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 05:00:03 AM
Merited by bill gator (1)

Unfortunately this won't have any significant improvements (although I see your point), unless there will be an sticky thread regarding this.

There's already few threads that to an extent do these (each for certain type of bounty):

Overview of Bitcointalk Signature-Ad Campaigns [Last update: 26-Jan-2018] - Regularly updated
Overview of ALT Coins Signature-ad Campaigns - Outdated
ALTCOINS signature campains list [UPDATE 25.07.2017.] - Outdated
Overview of Bitcointalk Twitter Campaigns [Last update: 11-August-2017] - Outdated
There's also a user that listed all of the active bounties in a single thread (recently) but couldn't find it.

Bounty managers for starters are probably quite happy with the way things are, they're earning some really good money for really quite easy work and probably don't see a reason to change unless they're forced to.
The managers that actually do their job (instead of pretending), don't have an easy task/work (it's more complicated than what most users think).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:43:11 PM

Unfortunately this won't have any significant improvements (although I see your point), unless there will be an sticky thread regarding this.

There's already few threads that to an extent do these (each for certain type of bounty):

Overview of Bitcointalk Signature-Ad Campaigns [Last update: 26-Jan-2018] - Regularly updated
Overview of ALT Coins Signature-ad Campaigns - Outdated
ALTCOINS signature campains list [UPDATE 25.07.2017.] - Outdated
Overview of Bitcointalk Twitter Campaigns [Last update: 11-August-2017] - Outdated
There's also a user that listed all of the active bounties in a single thread (recently) but couldn't find it.

Bounty managers for starters are probably quite happy with the way things are, they're earning some really good money for really quite easy work and probably don't see a reason to change unless they're forced to.
The managers that actually do their job (instead of pretending), don't have an easy task/work (it's more complicated than what most users think).

Thank you, this is really valuable information, well I was hoping to get it pinned but I guess it won't happen until I start a poll and collect enough supporters to this idea or something similar.

Regarding the bounty managers,I can tell that it is not a easy taks for sure, contolling so many peopl. There shoud be other way, not as easy as the boutny managers to fill it but maybe it will be possible aslo for the bounty hunters to report it or I can do it but again, someone has to spread the word.

TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:35:46 PM

Just an update. I have a backup plan to my initial proposition in case is not working the way I wanted.
Based on the comments here I can agree that nothing can make the bounty mangers to add manually their campaigns.
Now I'm working on alternative way of doing the things. The listing for now will not be so detailed as I plan it initially but is still a solution to the problem.

Here is my plan in details >
  • New Bitcointalk user and new gmail address only for bounties and ANN
  • Subscribe for the both forum sections Bounty and ANN
  • Write a script in Google Apps Script for extracting the data from the subscription emails to a Google SpreadSheet
  • Another script to merge both ANN and Bounty links /if there are any/ on the same row as the main topic
  • The SpreadSheet will include the Name of the Topic, ANN link and Bounty link plus time stamp.

The result is a list with the last Announcements and Bounties you can scroll and follow the links. 
Currently I have no so much free time, but as soon as I get more time, will definitely start working on it.
What you guys think?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: