Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:34:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Conducting a Study/Proposal for Bitcoin  (Read 160 times)
isaac_clarke22 (OP)

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:34:00 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 02:48:25 PM by isaac_clarke22

For all the users that are also teachers and students out there, I'm starting to think if the proposal of the Bitcoin in schools would be feasible. In Economics class where the basics are being taught such as the law of demand and supply that is also connected to Bitcoin in its price behavior although it is kind of unstable and we can't depend on that law that much. I already heard that some schools were already accepting Bitcoin as a method of payment in tuition fees. Since the awareness of Bitcoin isn't that kind of evaluated at some countries like mine, I am planning to conduct a feasibility study in Bitcoin as part of its development. It could help educate a lot of millenials earlier about the future of technological finance and economy. I am really pleased to hear/read everyone's opinion about it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:58:27 PM

Well, There are already professors or teachers that includes cryptos to their lectures or own curriculum. It's feasible, to be honest, but the only concern that I see here is the acceptance of parents and the school itself (not to generalize all, but some). It's easy to conduct a study for Bitcoin to be part of school's curriculum but to defend or to propose in front of the PTA Boards, Principals/Deans, and etc. is another story.

To begin with, Not all parents, nor the school principals/deans can see the good side the way we see it. Another concern is the legality of Bitcoin, you must first find a way to propose your study to your government. Most schools/universities/colleges are regulating strict policies in regards to the subjects, topics and etc that will be taught to students under the Government mandatories. This is why some of the professors/teachers make way or create a diversion to at least share their knowledge about the industry.
Lingqingyi

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:06:11 PM

Indeed, this is possible, block chain technology, the supply and demand of bitcoins can be added to the university textbooks.
But it depends a lot on your country, and if your country doesn't allow it, and you have BTC related courses, you may lose your job.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 03:13:54 PM

For all the users that are also teachers and students out there, I'm starting to think if the proposal of the Bitcoin in schools would be feasible.

So your proposal is to use Bitcoin as context or a topic for lessons about economics?

This could be useful. The challenge is that Bitcoin isn't useful to teach all economics lessons, but for some lessons, particularly those about money supply, free market systems, and how world news events can impact the price of an investment. I suppose supply and demand could be introduce with bitcoin, but there are better examples from actual manufacturing and goods production.

What do you need from us to conduct your study? I'm sure many people would be willing to participate.

I ask one favor of you in return for our involvement in your study - please share your results with this community! If anyone is worthy of learning from studies on bitcoin, this community tops the list.

Thank you!
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:20:08 PM

Pfft, my country doesn't even assume Bitcoin as a currency whatsoever.

It could be really useful tho if Bitcoin would be studied as a subject in school. But despite all the great opportunity of this idea, they (student) can still learn it through the internet. Nevertheless, Bitcoin isn't a simple thing to learn. Even tho it's still new, it has so many complex parts that would be hard to be understood for some range of ages.

faucet used to be profitable
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:05:57 PM

It would be a great help if teens learn cryptocurrencies in general in schools rather than random sites on the internet. Though it definitely shouldn't be in basic economics, as some concepts doesn't really apply.
The main problem is how to get schools to add it in their curriculum. I'm sure there are professors that already teach(or at least introduce) this concept, but probably just because they want to.
markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:31:47 AM

I see that it might cause a lot of conflicts in the decision of both parties. Parents that might not agree due to lack of knowledge in cryptos and because of their late adaptation, they might not trust the crpytos that much. For school heads that might not agree due to lack of "legality" of Bitcoin as a way to pay school fees. I see where this is going. It must reach out the awareness of government in Bitcoin first, because they're pretty much the one that will be controlling it when it happens. Government and Bitcoin is a matter of different discussion though.

Generally speaking, Yes. But try to sort the parents' and teachers concern first (Well it's easy to say than done), why? Since before you raised your proposal to a much higher level, you must gain first an approval from them to support your claim. A Government official or to the person in which you will submit your proposal will definitely ignore you if such case happens, especially when you are only representing yourself alone.
arrmia11

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:55:40 AM

For all the users that are also teachers and students out there, I'm starting to think if the proposal of the Bitcoin in schools would be feasible. In Economics class where the basics are being taught such as the law of demand and supply that is also connected to Bitcoin in its price behavior although it is kind of unstable and we can't depend on that law that much. I already heard that some schools were already accepting Bitcoin as a method of payment in tuition fees. Since the awareness of Bitcoin isn't that kind of evaluated at some countries like mine, I am planning to conduct a feasibility study in Bitcoin as part of its development. It could help educate a lot of millenials earlier about the future of technological finance and economy. I am really pleased to hear/read everyone's opinion about it.

That would be a great proposal. I am also studying and enrolled in research class. I am thinking also to propose a study that is related to bitcoin and I want to focus on the bitcoiners itself. What are the reasons why they engaged on bitcoin, what are the challenges they encounter and so on. This will contribute I think to the millenials as they are more into technology. In our country, we are already aware with online jobs but the work and the opportunities that can offer by bitcoin is not yet common.

tententen

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:06:17 AM

Not sure what's special about this? You want teachers to integrate bitcoin examples?

Shouldnt that be up to the teachers.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:06:36 AM

It's always a good idea to share knowledge and promote discussions about Crypto-Currency, especially in such places where the awareness levels are too low. In an informal way it's very simple to introduce people into Crypto-Currency subject, but formally it's harder, as teachers will need permissions to apply this specific theme on their lessons. Try to do it simpler as possible, informally would be better for now.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: [1]
  Print