Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:10:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit System Upgrade  (Read 34946 times)
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:10:45 AM

I like altcoins because i can exchange these for bitcoins. Merit system may work great for quality as people said. But the Merit distribution could have been a little more fair. Rank is important for the signature bounty only. The users who like blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies can find other bounty solutions like blog articles.

Does that mean you're applying for merit?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 05:59:19 AM
Merited by Mrnat (1)

Awarded 20 merit points to your post. Remember when you pass this on, don’t just give it to people you agree with, give it to people that can add something to the conversation, right or wrong. People learn more from being wrong than they do from being right.

Thanks. Indeed we wouldn't need a forum if we all agreed about everything. In that spirit, I passed the 10 sMerit on to the person I spend the most time arguing with. He would have been ranked up to Sr. Member next week and is definitely worthy of the title.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
xfaqs01

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:01:03 AM

I don’t have much Merit to give but I’m going to give it up until it’s all gone. I’m not sure if this is the right section for this thread because I’m not really selling anything. It’s about accounts so I’ll just leave it here until someone decides to move it. I don’t know if this is wrong to do. I don’t care if I get negative trust for doing this because I don’t buy anything here, sell anything here, join signature campaigns or post routinely in threads that even show the trust rating. Essentially I don’t make money here so I don’t use trust anyway.

I felt sorry for SOME of the members that posted in the merit thread. They seemed to be fairly articulate, fairly knowledgeable, rational and really trying to be members of this group of dreamers (community).

Here’s how it’s going to work. You’re not just going to beg for merit and I give it. Do not PM me and offer to pay me for merit points. Your money means nothing to me. I have given away more bitcoin than you will likely earn while on this forum (just ask Gleb Gamow if you don’t believe me). I will report you to a mod that will give you negative trust for being a potential scammer. You will ask me to research your post history and direct me to 10-20 posts that you believe show you have a deep desire to learn about, use, and support bitcoin. I will then ask you a couple of questions about how bitcoin works and you will answer them. I don’t care if you take some time to research the answer if you come up with the correct answer. That just means I’ve made you learn more about bitcoin than you knew previously.

Bitcoin does not mean altcoin. I know altcoins are more popular on this forum than bitcoin. I don’t care. I will only help bitcoiners level up. If most of your post history is in altcoin threads I won’t help you. I do not consider Bitcoin Cash to be bitcoin. If you don’t know what the real bitcoin is then you haven’t been here long enough for me to help you. Which leads me to the group I’m willing to help.

Rank                  Required activity            Required merit
Brand new                    0                            0
Newbie                         1                            0
Jr Member                   30                            0
Member                       60                           10
Full Member                120                           100
Sr. Member                 240                           250
Hero Member              480                           500

New members, Newbies, Jr Members and Members don’t need any merit. They don’t have enough post history to judge so I won’t be helping them.

Full members, Sr. Members and Hero Members really got screwed with the merit system. Some of them were really close to leveling up and now have to wait until they’ve impressed the right person to probably get only one merit point from them. The most extreme case of this is Hero Member. They may need hundreds of merit points to level up which could take a very long time to get.

You will be working for 20 merit points. Good luck to all. I will announce when they’re gone and lock the thread.
If it pours rain some folks are happy like farmers they say its a blessing but not to some specially if you're in a city, just like the merits system...  try me, id love to be tested about my knowledge on bitcoin, though i admit the merit system really hurt   Smiley

Let’s start with this: Lead me to some of your older posts that you feel good about, when you realized you liked bitcoin and you want to be here because you want to know more.
are you referring to the technical aspect of bitcoin like its algorithm and the like? coz i dont have much post about that but i have the basics, im mostly focus on trading strategies. whats your take? Smiley

Want to learn TA? head on to
https://www.facebook.com/BTCSignals
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:09:50 AM

Awarded 20 merit points to your post. Remember when you pass this on, don’t just give it to people you agree with, give it to people that can add something to the conversation, right or wrong. People learn more from being wrong than they do from being right.

Thanks. Indeed we wouldn't need a forum if we all agreed about everything. In that spirit, I passed the 10 sMerit on to the person I spend the most time arguing with. He would have been ranked up to Sr. Member next week and is definitely worthy of the title.

Outstanding

QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:34:07 AM

Let’s start with this: Lead me to some of your older posts that you feel good about, when you realized you liked bitcoin and you want to be here because you want to know more.
are you referring to the technical aspect of bitcoin like its algorithm and the like? coz i dont have much post about that but i have the basics, im mostly focus on trading strategies. whats your take? Smiley

I went ahead and looked at your posts and I’m afraid I can’t help you. You’re mainly here for altcoins and many of your posts are in a language that I don’t understand. Sorry about that. Good luck to you though.

Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:01:01 AM
Merited by QuestionAuthority (20)

You are quite the class act (I was the person, who received the 10 merits from TheQuin)!
I´m also happy that we all agree that a forum particularly benefits from discussing conflicting viewpoints.

Instead of spending the 5 new sMerit that I now have due to your generosity for various good
posts, I´d like to dedicate them to the same purpose.

If anyone of you fulfills the following three requirements, I´ll give 5 merit to one of your constructive posts:
1. You were close to ranking up before the introduction of the merit system (1-2 activity periods away from a new rank)
2. You are an asset to the community that makes good and constructive posts regularly
3. You don´t exclusively post in the Altcoin subforums and care about Bitcoin

ZenRoy

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:04:55 AM

To be honest, I think this new system can only lead to abuse in power.. Last time I checked, mods were supposed to handle troll posts in forums and delete them.. Accounts leveling up shouldn't be up to other forum members to decide.
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:23:29 PM

To be honest, I think this new system can only lead to abuse in power.. Last time I checked, mods were supposed to handle troll posts in forums and delete them.. Accounts leveling up shouldn't be up to other forum members to decide.

Then who should decide. There are only two options. First one that was continuing till today- you were being ranked based on activity which resulted in so much of spam. Second is manual inspection. But do you think that it is possible to manually check the 10000 or more posts being posted here daily only by moderators. They are already over loaded with work.

Thus, this system is very much better. Here the members are helping the forum by meriting quality posts. If some misuse of this system occurs , it can be moderated by the support. That sounds achievable.
omorfi

Activity: 728
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:59:37 PM

I like altcoins because i can exchange these for bitcoins. Merit system may work great for quality as people said. But the Merit distribution could have been a little more fair. Rank is important for the signature bounty only. The users who like blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies can find other bounty solutions like blog articles.

Yes. It is a honor to be able to raise hero member level in this forum. My activity point will be ok next week i just need too much Merits
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:06:02 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 08:33:27 PM by malevolent

You are quite the class act (I was the person, who received the 10 merits from TheQuin)!
I´m also happy that we all agree that a forum particularly benefits from discussing conflicting viewpoints.

Instead of spending the 5 new sMerit that I now have due to your generosity for various good
posts, I´d like to dedicate them to the same purpose.

If anyone of you fulfills the following three requirements, I´ll give 5 merit to one of your constructive posts:
1. You were close to ranking up before the introduction of the merit system (1-2 activity periods away from a new rank)
2. You are an asset to the community that makes good and constructive posts regularly
3. You don´t exclusively post in the Altcoin subforums and care about Bitcoin

TheQuin is right. I randomly clicked into your post history and couldn’t find a single page that didn’t include you trying to help someone. You’re knowledgeable, appreciate bitcoin, helpful to people that need it, not looking for a quick scam (you are also identifying scams and keeping people from harm) and you seem to really want to be here for the right reasons.

20 merit points awarded.

Yes. It is a honor to be able to raise hero member level in this forum. My activity point will be ok next week i just need too much Merits

I’d like to help you but several things are stopping me. First and foremost, I don’t speak Turkish so I can’t understand many of your posts. You spend more time chasing bounties and giveaway money than you spend learning. While I really don’t have anything against altcoins or altcoin people (terrytibbs of Litecoin fame was one of the most respectable members of this forum as far as I’m concerned), I see bitcoin having the greatest ability to change the world into a better place. You spend much of your time chasing altcoin pump & dump schemes. You’ve had conflicts with mods, which means you also can’t be bothered to learn the forum rules. I really don’t want to discourage you. You are the sole determining factor over whether or not you get merit and rank up.

Then who should decide. There are only two options. First one that was continuing till today- you were being ranked based on activity which resulted in so much of spam. Second is manual inspection. But do you think that it is possible to manually check the 10000 or more posts being posted here daily only by moderators. They are already over loaded with work.

Thus, this system is very much better. Here the members are helping the forum by meriting quality posts. If some misuse of this system occurs , it can be moderated by the support. That sounds achievable.

You and ZenRoy are not yet to the level where I can help you. You both should spend the time between now and attaining Full Member thinking about why you want to be here and learning about bitcoin. You’ll enjoy your time here more if you do.

saponetes

Activity: 420
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:48:44 PM

And what about Members almost reaching Full Member ranking position a couple of days after merit feature appears...
I think this is not fair...
At least at the very beggining of merit feature, merit should be given in a racio of next rank position, and not the lowest possible merit number.
I was two days of getting promoted, and now i have to collect a lot of points from "who knows" to upgrade my ranking position....
freedoge.co

Activity: 909
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:53:56 PM

I reached 784 activity just today, from 770...so this sucks. I don't want smerit from you guys, this should be fixed by Theymos.

QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:54:05 PM

And what about Members almost reaching Full Member ranking position a couple of days after merit feature appears...
I think this is not fair...
At least at the very beggining of merit feature, merit should be given in a racio of next rank position, and not the lowest possible merit number.
I was two days of getting promoted, and now i have to collect a lot of points from "who knows" to upgrade my ranking position....

Look at my post here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.msg29043109#msg29043109

You actually fit into the category I’m talking about, as do many forum members below the rank of Full Member.

QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:56:05 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 04:34:04 PM by QuestionAuthority

I reached 784 activity just today, from 770...so this sucks. I don't want smerit from you guys, this should be fixed by Theymos.

He actually is fixing something you just don’t see it.

vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:57:30 PM

@OP.

i like your idea. if i can help you be sending you some sMerit then let me know how much you think is OK for you.
of if i can't help with something else then let me know too.

or maybe i can copy the idea into the altcoin sub. because i am active in this section.
Darthswan

Activity: 818
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:09:18 PM

Looking ahead, I want to say that I do not take part in your contest, and I do not want that this post would be appreciated by someone, it is written from the heart!!! It's nice to know that there are such people on this forum!

QA You're really cool !!! I am one of those people who believe that people can be judged by their actions. Looking and reading the forum the last two days, and understanding the craziness around merit, and for the sake of assessing fasting, you are ready to give people hope. What would they have earned their appreciation with their minds! You save people the most valuable resource on earth - time! It seems to me that bitcoin is alive, and will live also thanks to people like you. This is a cool thing, I respect you.

King James Bible - Proverbs 19:17
   He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:11:32 PM

@OP. i started this topic. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2833111.msg29044855#msg29044855
If you are not OK with it then let me know and i will close it.
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 04:15:53 PM

Chill man. This is not only about you, but for the betterment of the forum and get rid of those account farmers and sh*t posters. Don't worry about your merits, you'll get you'rs if those merit source guys finds your posts worthy if getting Merits. For the mean time, spread your sMerits too.
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:16:14 PM

This would be very nice of you as I need 150 merits to get to Sr. Member and I got 196 activity (should be 210 in few days).

I would be happy to apply for these questions Smiley
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:24:06 PM

@OP.

i like your idea. if i can help you be sending you some sMerit then let me know how much you think is OK for you.
of if i can't help with something else then let me know too.

or maybe i can copy the idea into the altcoin sub. because i am active in this section.

You setting up your own thread in the altcoin section is actually a good idea. I don’t know if the alt people have anyone helping them yet.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: