Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:43:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the most influential factor that triggers bitcoin prices to fall down?  (Read 2404 times)
Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:22:36 AM

Bitcoin is very volatile. It goes up and down at no time. But I started to think what causes its values to go down. These past few days, its prices are notably lower that last year's values. Last year, I believe, during the first few months, its prices are likewise low. Do bitcoin prices go down every January to February? Does it have a logical association?
As a relatively young digital currency, Bitcoin volume is still very small when compared to other assets such as gold, let alone conventional currency such as US Dollar. Bitcoin fluctuations are really determined by supply and demand in the market. If many people buy Bitcoin in large quantities, of course the price will rise sharply. In contrast, the value of Bitcoin may decline if many of its owners sell in large quantities. Well, the situation as it is today (its decline in prices) is triggered by Bitcoin's sales action in large-scale volume by its owners.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:28:19 AM
Merited by cipher-x_09 (1)

I think the status of demand versus supply makes a lot of influence when it comes to bitcoin pricing, this January 2018 prices of bitcoin and all other alts drops because last year the demand of bitcoin drops after hitting its all time high since many people decided to sold their coins and enjoy the profit up to the end of December 2017 and since more bitcoin are now available in the circulation the value needs to decrease so that demand will started to grow again by making investment from different people
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:16:06 AM

Bitcoin is very volatile. It goes up and down at no time. But I started to think what causes its values to go down. These past few days, its prices are notably lower that last year's values. Last year, I believe, during the first few months, its prices are likewise low. Do bitcoin prices go down every January to February? Does it have a logical association?

As what I read in various opinions of the people, price of bitcoin tends to go down in the first few months of the year because some of them are cashing out their gains to spend on Chinese New Year. Last December, people invested in crypto because they have extra money from bonuses and seeing that they have gains, maybe they decided to cash out some to spend on holidays. There is also an effect of the news about Korea banning cryptocurrencies which results in a panic sell and now it is slowly recovering. If you look at the pattern of the previous years, you may want to grab some coins now because maybe after a few months you would say to yourself that you should have bought more in January.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
dogz12

Activity: 210
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:57:51 AM

Since prices are going down, the tendency is, holders cashed out their bitcoins because of the fear of loss on their part. Supply will then come in and, law of supply and demand, if supply is great but demand is low then prices would go down.
criz2fer

Merit: 127

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:11:52 AM

Most of the comments here are the supply and demand which really affect bitcoin price since last year. But I think the most important here is the interest of the people in bitcoin specially how media is manipulating the news. All of them are publishing negative issues that people because curious if it is worth it to buy bitcoin today. For the big players in crypto currency, its really the time to buy bitcoin which came from ATH of 19K+ hoping to its new heights. But since investor are being careful, the price become uncertain to predict.

Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:25:15 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 12:59:19 PM by Cherylstar86

There are so many things that the community is pointing when it comes to the reasons why bitcoin and other coins' prices. Some say it is about politics, the country, the community, these are all non-sense, for me. The reason why the prices goes high and falls down is always because of the supply and demand factor. Demands for bitcoin is now becoming massive since bitcoin is now known because of news, yet the supply isn't proportional to the demands so the price will probably go up for the said coin, furthermore if everyone has bitcoin, then demand is low and I think price will be stable for that moment.
I agree, there are a lots of factors may affect the value of bitcoin which can't easily determined the distinctive factor that may occured. On my opinion the most possible factors fluctuating the value of bitcoin are those huge investors that they hold and on the other hand they cash out their huge value of shares. Also, the  negative speculation around here in bitcoin community which made a panic selling and the value of bitcoin will go down. Well, the situation is just like the law if supply and demand that will differ time to time which it will come back to stabilize value after the fall down likewise vice versa situation.
anavir

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:02:41 AM

There a lot of factors affecting bitcoin high and low price  fluctuation, but I guess the most influential that pulls down its price is the bad news that circulating in the media that includes, countries banning exchanges and crypto, also don't forget the fakenews. January is a nightmare month for crypto, the momentum of prices are very hard to predict.

i agree...the bad news that circulating in the media that their is countries banning exchanges makes people panic..though they may sell their bitcoin in low price but because of the said controversies many doubted and are hesitant also to buy or invest bitcoin

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
di.ako.toh

Activity: 154
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:50:52 AM

I think when the biggest holder of coins started to sell their coins and the demand of coins started to fall, thats triggers the Bitcoin price to fall..

BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:05:00 AM

Your right being of volatile bitcoin it can affect when the demand was low, have you notice that last few months many countries had banning bitcoin to their places. Like South Korea, China and Indonesia these country was opposed by bitcoin and of course bitcoin holder their are selling bitcoin that's i think the one factor that triggers bitcoin prices to fall down. Some are spreading fake news through bitcoin that's why more bitcoin holder sold out their bitcoin.

just hold+patience=profit  Grin
syaripudin

Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:15:39 AM

the most triggering factors affecting the bitcoin price itself depends on demand and supply (the person who buys and the selling). although bitcoin price movements are rapidly changing rapidly but market price movements can also be played by someone in order to take advantage of the situation so that they get a lot of benefits.
yes, I agree with you if the demand on the bitcoin market increases this of course will greatly affect the bitcoin price that will continue to follow the demand for bitcoin because of the many investors who invest in bitcoin. I think there are several factors that cause bitcoin values ​​to decline in recent weeks and one of the factors that cause bitcoin prices to drop dramatically is the turmoil about banning the use of bitcoin in some countries that has caused investors to diminish due to the impact of the ban.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
jimmihenrikh46

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:58:26 AM

Lots of news that could affect the human factor (market sentiment) in the crypto currency market. For example, the news about the capture of Ross Ulbricht, the operator of Silk Road site that uses Bitcoin a lot, makes the price of Bitcoin down by 25%.
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:28:47 AM

Because some investors sell their bitcoin in christmas and new year, the effects the price will drop down. But after new year investors will buy bitcoin after the price drop and it will effects the price come up again. It's a normal situation, just keep bitcoin for your future and you will see the profit you get it.
Tapyaks72

Activity: 490
Merit: 28

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:02:56 AM

Because some investors sell their bitcoin in christmas and new year, the effects the price will drop down. But after new year investors will buy bitcoin after the price drop and it will effects the price come up again. It's a normal situation, just keep bitcoin for your future and you will see the profit you get it.
The biggest factor why BTC price goes down of course the supply is high because investors are dumping or selling thier BTC maybe of some factors specially during holidays  were people needed cash to be used durings those time, the uncertainty of bitcoin future ,because China had banned bitcoin in thier country. But of course we can expect that BTC will surely bounces back because there are some country who will open thier door on crypto currency. But for an investors who are looking for opportunity this the right time to buy BTC. This a chance for a life time.

Siopao

Activity: 182
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:22:49 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 03:21:08 PM by Siopao

I think one of the main factor that affect the decreasing value of bitcoin since the start of the year would be the banning of South Korea and China who have been one of the biggest in crypto playing field. And of course as a reaction people from that countries will sell their btc, and other people from outside those country were discouraged and sell theirs also which resulted to low demand. But times like this would be good opportunity to buy more btc, soon I'm m sure btc will rise and recover from this low point of market.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 12:52:48 PM

I've also seen these articles about Chinese New Year causing the drop in Bitcoin's price, but I'm a bit skeptical about that.
How on earth would you even go about proving something like that? I doubt it's even Chinese exchanges that are solely responsible for the price drop.

Other news might have a bigger impact, rumors of countries seeking to ban or regulate Bitcoin.

DirtyMartini

Activity: 277
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:17:06 PM

I've noticed that the price of bitcoin does tend to take a dip after the Christmas/New Year period..
I guess its holiday time so people are cashing out to have a bit of extra spending money.

Bitcoin and cryptocurrency is so volatile mainly because a lot of the money comes from inexperienced investors.
Inexperienced investors are way more prone to having weak hands who tend to panic-sell with every little bit of fud they hear.
Supply and demand obviously make the market go round, but the main thing that affects this is emotions (fud, fomo) and market sentiment.
Sometimes this happens even without logic.

The entire crypto market is still very much in its infancy, with new bans and tighter regulations happening everywhere, further adding to the panic and volatility. Hopefully as time goes goes on, the volatility will level out as investors become more sophisticated.

At the end of the day, we need to remember to be patient, don't get caught up in fud and fomo, only invest in worthy projects and hodl strong!!  Grin Cheesy
ylnar123

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:26:51 PM

I think bitcoin price usually go down in the first few months of the year because there are many holidays that goes first before the start of a year. Lets say for example the christmas and new year where many of the investors sell their bitcoins to be used in the holidays. In january or febuary the chinese people celebrate their chinese new year, so there is still token selling that is happening in the market. It is always been explained in the supply and demand theory in accordance to the economy movement.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Noah93

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:36:06 PM

factors affecting bitcoin prices ie volume and bitcoin deployment. To see the relationship between the two, we can first understand the basic fluctuations of bitcoin that are really determined by market supply and demand. Bitcoin will drop if many sell in large quantities. If in the future bitcoin volume increases and the distribution is uniform, then volatility will slack off by itself.
yamortsac

Activity: 154
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:57:20 PM

For me, the factor that triggers the price of bitcoin to go down and up is the demand and the supplies of bitcoin. As we all know when the demand increases the price will also increase. The price hiked that happened last december 2017 is due to many people have bought bitcoin then since they have lots of money during christmas season. And at the start of the year 2018, the price starts to fall down because people sell their bitcoins to earn their profit.
Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:43:26 PM

The only influential factor that triggers bitcoin prices to fall down is the law of demand and supply. If we would only analyze the last week of December 2017 gives so much value appreciation for bitcoin that is because many keeps holding it as a way of investment while the supply is getting fewer and after the pump many people sold their coins to get the profit they want which makes the availability of bitcoin in the circulation and for the people to buy it again the price must drop and so this is what is happening now.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: