Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:58:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crowdreward: a new concept about how we create and consume content  (Read 140 times)
theguym (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:23:51 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2018, 04:35:49 AM by theguym

I wondered if there was a word that defines a culture that is emerging, the exponential growth of what seems to be a new way of how we deal with consumption and content creation. But as I did not figure out a specific term, I decided to name Crowdreward.

Crowdreward is the term I think best defines the model in which individuals receive rewards for voluntary contributions, these contributions are usually made in a crowdsourcing model, which were previously made without the possibility of direct rewards. Like other well-known concepts such as Crowdsourcing and Crowdfunding, the term is derived from crowd + reward.

Despite what may seem at first glance, although the content posted on popular social networks is distributed for free, the truth is that it is not so, these institutions are using their information and their free time to generate revenue through advertising or even even using user data. In other words, 99.9% of the community moves to generate wealth to 0.01% (the owners). Seen in this way, this does not seem to be the best or the fairest choice.

Now imagine if all the users could receive a reward for everything they have already created voluntarily or even consumed without having received anything in return? Many users would prefer to create or consume content that allows greater recognition. This is what Crowdreward sets up using new technologies, such as Blockchain.

Steem is one of the pioneers in this, using the definition of his whitepaper:
"Steem is the first cryptocurrency that attempts to accurately and transparently reward an unbounded number of individuals who make subjective contributions to its community."

If without direct rewards humankind has been able to create and freely share incredible things, Crowdreward has the potential to motivate even more people to continue contributing to free and accessible knowledge to anyone, as well as the possibility of creating new markets and new kinds of job.

Original and complete post: https://steemit.com/steemit/@marcio/crowdreward-a-new-concept-about-how-we-create-and-consume-content
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: