Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:56:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anti-spam Merit Giveaway - For Junior Members Only - updated  (Read 2520 times)
marlboroza (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:38:45 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2018, 06:08:44 PM by marlboroza
Merited by QuestionAuthority (20), mprep (5), Quickseller (1), bill gator (1)

I have some merits to share so if you are junior member and you were missed by all, post here and I will send you some merits.

Rules:

Your last 30 posts must be constructive and not spam.
Don't send me PM for merit.
Minimum activity required - 54
I will look at posts written in english, croatian, slovenian and serbian language
Don't quote this post.

1)Should I move this somewhere else? Beginners and Help? Services? Hm.
2)As for subject, this is not really giveaway, right? I am not braking forum rules with this, right?
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 06:54:28 PM
Merited by nullius (1)

I think it is sad that merit points have to be used like this, and not to reward good and constructive posts. I understand that it may be difficult to find such posts, but surely it is worth hanging on to points until these posts appear.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
gopaljiverma

Activity: 93
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:35:17 PM

I would like to participate. You can check my posts and decide. Thanks for this nice gesture.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:40:43 PM

I might suggest only giving away 8 or 9 merit points to each person so that these people will be very close to being able to rank up, but you won’t be making the decision for them to rank up on your own - at least one other person with sufficient merit will need to agree.
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 07:41:33 PM
Merited by sommii (1)

Read my posts ! I deserve something better !

no you don't

I would like to participate. You can check my posts and decide. Thanks for this nice gesture.
you need more work as well fella

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Alex Khvatov

Activity: 78
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 08:15:18 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 08:32:14 PM by Alex Khvatov
Merited by marlboroza (4)

Hi!

I believe you're doing a great thing here. I don't know if I would qualify for your merits under your judgement, but I have tried to make a large number of constructive posts (not only off-topic, but many within the crypto-world).

If you would please take a look and see if I would deserve your merit support, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

Alex

P.S. my activity is less than 60, I understand that. But I do have 60+ posts as you can see on my profile.
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 08:28:03 PM

As I see it, the merit system is intended to improve posting quality, and also to encourage informed discussion. Giving away merit points to new members based on past posts ( however good they are) is really just helping to increase the number of sig spammers, and those who see posting on Bitcoin Talk as a potential revenue stream, rather than an information exchange.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
marlboroza (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:32:59 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 08:52:44 PM by marlboroza

I think it is sad that merit points have to be used like this, and not to reward good and constructive posts. I understand that it may be difficult to find such posts, but surely it is worth hanging on to points until these posts appear.
I was just about to write something to you but first take a look at this user:

Care to look at all his posts?

That's why I have certain rules.
Anyone can post 60 times in yabtc giveaway/off topic one-liners/etc and only one constructive post/topic for merit. So basically, spammer with farming account can reach member status very easily with only 1 constructive post. On the other hand regular forum user will have problem.

Second example: (probably much better example and it will show you what I said above):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2821218.0
Which is in my honest opinion started for only one reason:
Look at his post history.
Now look at this topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2823184.0
See? Shitposting whole time and because of one good post he will rank up, not to mention his constructive posts are about merit. I don't think theymos had this in mind when he implemented merit to stop spam.

That is why I opened this topic because I don't want to give merit to such users. If junior member want merit from me they can easily post here.
It doesn't mean I won't give merit to anyone else  Roll Eyes
I might suggest only giving away 8 or 9 merit points to each person so that these people will be very close to being able to rank up, but you won’t be making the decision for them to rank up on your own - at least one other person with sufficient merit will need to agree.
To be honest I was thinking about sharing 2-3 merits, as I said hopefully other members will follow. If someone is constructive I don't see why not to help such user to rank up. I don't have too much merit to give anyway.
lusa

Activity: 109
Merit: 5

hodl

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:50:54 PM

It is nice to spend your time to read what they post and decide. I think merit is very subjective .  People think their post is constructive while all they do sprouting nonsense. I just feel I missed the train. I should write more when I first registered. I prefer to read instead of writing. I believe merit system is good even though it has some disadvantages. I just got bored to see all this useless post under every new project.

Thanks for the giveaway. At least it will encourage some people.

Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 09:00:15 PM

@marlboroza

I'm sorry if my comments seem to come over a bit hard, and I can understand that you want to encourage good newcomers. What I am saying is that the Merit system is for the future, and not for the past. Lets encourage members to make new valuable posts, rather than reward them for past posts that have been buried.

long8899

Activity: 202
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:29:29 PM
Merited by Durr_1412 (4)

I have a suggestion

how about you or anyone who know crypto currency well to make an example about what is a good post?

as we all know that the majority of merits are held by higher ranks (legendary and hero member)

which means what we post should please these level of people

to be honest, I have no idea what kind of post is good enough to get your merits other than  praise merit system.

but I don't want to cheat my heart, I don't think merit system is good

I suppose the reason why you rich people have these great amount of merits is that you can figure out what are good enough posts and what are shitposts. then why don't you make some exammple to show high quality posts that deserve merits?

I really feel merits giveaway humiliates us, like we trying to beg for some merits

so, if you rich people hold your merits and trusted by the bitcoin talk forum. please make a role model right now and you guys make good enough posts first to change the situation.

you should know your responsibility, please stop teasing and judging poor people, we are not your entertainment, this is not a class, you are not our teacher, we don't need your grade to graduate from university.

I saw a legendary said that he don't understand about the hate, so anyone has the same question. you should read my post carefully .

and don't say bad words to me just because my post cannot please you.

THIS IS AN OPEN FORUM AND EVERYONE IS WATCHING!!

Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 09:39:12 PM

This is the post by Theymos that prompted me to award 5 points.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2722391.msg27860908#msg27860908

gopaljiverma

Activity: 93
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:40:34 PM

I have a suggestion

how about you or anyone who know crypto currency well to make an example about what is a good post?

as we all know that the majority of merits are held by higher ranks (legendary and hero member)

which means what we post should please these level of people

to be honest, I have no idea what kind of post is good enough to get your merits other than  praise merit system.

but I don't want to cheat my heart, I don't think merit system is good

I suppose the reason why you rich people have these great amount of merits is that you can figure out what are good enough posts and what are shitposts. then why don't you make some exammple to show high quality posts that deserve merits?

I really feel merits giveaway humiliates us, like we trying to beg for some merits

so, if you rich people hold your merits and trusted by the bitcoin talk forum. please make a role model right now and you guys make good enough posts first to change the situation.

you should know your responsibility, please stop teasing and judging poor people, we are not your entertainment, this is not a class, you are not our teacher, we don't need your grade to graduate from university.

I saw a legendary said that he don't understand about the hate, so anyone has the same question. you should read my post carefully .

and don't say bad words to me just because my post cannot please you.

THIS IS AN OPEN FORUM AND EVERYONE IS WATCHING!!

There are two options for you :

1 ) You want to get merits to get promoted to higher levels. In that case, you need to observe the posts are getting enough merits and try to post like them. It might require you to please certain people or agree to them. This is a forum owned by someone and as a member you have to follow the rules set by him.

2) You do not care about the rules or merits. In that case, you will be stuck at the current rank. You will make some complains and then either go to option 1 or leave this forum.
MiiDoViic

Activity: 308
Merit: 119

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:48:16 PM

I get your point ,but it's a bit unfair to distribute merit points by default like that . I mean there are Jr.members that have been excited to finaly reach member and have only few days to hit it , then this system gets introduced and they might get stuck with that rank for a while now and the same goes for other ranks . I believe the merit points shoul've been distributed according to the activity number not the rank.
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 10:09:10 PM
Merited by QuestionAuthority (20), nullius (1)

I get your point ,but it's a bit unfair to distribute merit points by default like that . I mean there are Jr.members that have been excited to finaly reach member and have only few days to hit it , then this system gets introduced and they might get stuck with that rank for a while now and the same goes for other ranks . I believe the merit points shoul've been distributed according to the activity number not the rank.

I was 5 points away from eligibility for consideration as Legendary, and now I am 500 merit points away from it. It's will be even harder for me to gin points as I don't normally get involved with all the peripheral stuff that has taken over the forum.

It is apparent that the stress caused by the promotion difficulties, and the loss of revenue from sig spamming, justifies the introduction of this system. It is an information exchange, and a Bitcoin help forum, not an employment bureau or an advertising hoarding for the use of non-Bitcoin users.

Herad Hedid

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

Altair VR. Next-gen Blockchain VR Wikipedia

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:10:19 PM

Please read my post I think I made some posts which are helping the community.

long8899

Activity: 202
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:17:03 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2828983.0

need help here, how to protect your currency hacked from exchanger?

I have saw couple of news like these.

It is the problem that we all face.

Alex Khvatov

Activity: 78
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 10:28:52 PM

Thanks a lot marlboroza!

Not just for the points, but for helping make the platform a bit more fair and for rewarding content.

All the best!
Alex
darkfox12

Activity: 56
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:36:39 PM

I appreciate the effort you're trying to make.  This was one of the biggest concerns I had was that people will just horde merit and the newbies really won't have a chance to do much.  I've tried to contribute in a meaningful way, we'll see what happens as time goes on.

Thanks for trying to help us out!
marlboroza (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:44:23 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 11:20:27 PM by marlboroza

I'm sorry if my comments seem to come over a bit hard, and I can understand that you want to encourage good newcomers. What I am saying is that the Merit system is for the future, and not for the past. Lets encourage members to make new valuable posts, rather than reward them for past posts that have been buried.
Speaking of brand new valuable posts, was busy reporting this post https://archive.fo/BA8Mu with 2 merit to moderator for plagiarism. Grin
I am not rewarding anyone, I am just sharing little merit I have to users missed(or not missed but not enough merit) by everyone but have decent/honest/constructive/not spam posts. I sent earlier today 5 merit to newbie because he has found bounty abuser.
Lets encourage members to make new valuable posts, rather than reward them for past posts that have been buried.
Well, after reading your post, I was thinking to change topic to something like "last 30 constructive posts". What do you think? That will encourage new members to make good posts. I'll do that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: