Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:38:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [new] posts are always new?  (Read 117 times)
Thirio (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:04:34 PM

Merit system aside (Everyone's stoked about this) i have a question. Although it is somehow related to this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2817248.0 (sorting posts) i am not quite sure if i'd put this question here or reply in that thread. But the previous question was answered so i'm hoping that this would be answered too. But if not, it's okay since i'm just asking cause im curious.

The question is:

Why do all posts are branded [new] even if the last post in that thread is a couple of months ago or even more? Are there any ways to sort these posts to be literally [new] maybe within the 24 hrs period? Or anywhere near so that we could see what's new and what's not.

Also, why do some of the threads that i have read are still highlighted and some are not? I do understand that i need to refresh the page, but it doesn't show. Does anyone have the same experience as me? Did you solve this problem?

Thank you in advance for the answers! Godbless!

Ps: am i shit posting? If this is shit posting please tell me, i can delete this immediately.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:11:13 PM

Merit system aside (Everyone's stoked about this) i have a question. Although it is somehow related to this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2817248.0 (sorting posts) i am not quite sure if i'd put this question here or reply in that thread. But the previous question was answered so i'm hoping that this would be answered too. But if not, it's okay since i'm just asking cause im curious.

The question is:

Why do all posts are branded [new] even if the last post in that thread is a couple of months ago or even more? Are there any ways to sort these posts to be literally [new] maybe within the 24 hrs period? Or anywhere near so that we could see what's new and what's not.

Also, why do some of the threads that i have read are still highlighted and some are not? I do understand that i need to refresh the page, but it doesn't show. Does anyone have the same experience as me? Did you solve this problem?

Ps: am i shit posting? If this is shit posting please tell me, i can delete this immediately.

I believe it is always marked as [new] unless you've read the last message/post posted in the topic/thread, no matter how old the thread itself is.

If you feel lik you've read everything you want to, you can simply click "Mark Read" for this section, and everything will be marked as such, until a new reply/topic is posted again.

Is this what you mean?

Thirio (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:20:10 PM

The question is:

I believe it is always marked as [new] unless you've read the last message/post posted in the topic/thread, no matter how old the thread itself is.

If you feel lik you've read everything you want to, you can simply click "Mark Read" for this section, and everything will be marked as such, until a new reply/topic is posted again.

Is this what you mean?
I knew somebody has the answer, thanks! I just don't feel that people would see this question if it's posted in the previous thread. This would save my time realizing i have already read the post. Thank you sir!
bitfaz

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:21:18 PM

Hello,
 i need a clarification ...what is the difference in the profile menu between post and activity?

thanks
Thirio (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:27:36 PM

Hello,
 i need a clarification ...what is the difference in the profile menu between post and activity?

thanks
I do not know much but i think this question was asked before. Here look https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2074004.0 maybe you could find the answers to your questions there. Goodluck!  
bitfaz

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:05:14 PM

Hello,

thanks
I do not know much but i think this question was asked before. Here look https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2074004.0 maybe you could find the answers to your questions there. Goodluck!  

ok perfect thanks for the link....i will check the other forum discussion...

regards

Thirio (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:18:39 PM

Hello,

thanks

ok perfect thanks for the link....i will check the other forum discussion...

regards

Glad to be of service!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: