Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:48:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer A3 only 1 chip detected. Details inside. Help?  (Read 142 times)
wtfcowisown (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:13:09 PM

Only chain #3 is detected and I'm hashing 276 gh/s. 

When I setup the miner I had all 3 detected and hashed for about 15 minutes.  Afterwards, the asic was showing only 1 detected.  I've tried restarting, reseting, changing power supply cables, and changing power supplies.  I even tested all power supplies and they all work.

Is there anything I can do before sending it back?
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:19:36 PM

When I setup the miner I had all 3 detected and hashed for about 15 minutes.  Afterwards, the asic was showing only 1 detected.  I've tried restarting, reseting, changing power supply cables, and changing power supplies.  I even tested all power supplies and they all work.

Sounds like its dead, probably a good idea to start warranty claim process with bitmain.

Other than that, the only other thing you can check: make sure you're using a good 1500w+ PSU, if you were using less than that you may have damaged the miner or the PSU failed to provide adequate power and it damaged itself.

If you continue using it, I recommend you drop the frequency to 525mhz from the default of 600 as it seems the A3's run way too hot unless you got some great cooling.
wtfcowisown (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:24:05 PM

When I setup the miner I had all 3 detected and hashed for about 15 minutes.  Afterwards, the asic was showing only 1 detected.  I've tried restarting, reseting, changing power supply cables, and changing power supplies.  I even tested all power supplies and they all work.

Sounds like its dead, probably a good idea to start warranty claim process with bitmain.

Other than that, the only other thing you can check: make sure you're using a good 1500w+ PSU, if you were using less than that you may have damaged the miner or the PSU failed to provide adequate power and it damaged itself.

If you continue using it, I recommend you drop the frequency to 525mhz from the default of 600 as it seems the A3's run way too hot unless you got some great cooling.

Anything optimistic you can do to help Cheesy?  Give me some hope.
Eyedol-X

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:00:10 PM

Check your PSU, if it's a good 1500w+ PSU and its working fine the only thing you can do is power cycle the miner and hope it comes back.

If you used an underpowered PSU or a low quality PSU, unfortunately there isn't much hope based upon what you've reported so far.
wtfcowisown (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:01:45 PM

Check your PSU, if it's a good 1500w+ PSU and its working fine the only thing you can do is power cycle the miner and hope it comes back.

If you used an underpowered PSU or a low quality PSU, unfortunately there isn't much hope based upon what you've reported so far.

evga supernova 1600w p2.  Is there any custom firmware for the a3?
Eyedol-X

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:03:19 PM

evga supernova 1600w p2.  Is there any custom firmware for the a3?

Good PSU, but I have had one of those fail on me in the last year so make sure you check it with something to see if its actually working.

No custom firmware that I'm aware of, these things were a surprise release to the world less than 10 days ago.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: