Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:10:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does bitcoin pose a threat to banks?  (Read 1870 times)
Ahimoth

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:27:23 PM

While most economists believe there are limited risks to financial stability, they also say governments should offer greater control over coded currencies. Their anonymity and non-transparency may increase tax evasion and other criminal activities.

Yes, I see that banks see bitcoin as a threat. But it may not yet totally erase banks unless our age becomes totally dependent to digital money.  But if more and more people see digital currency as a more convenient way of using money, then eventually banks will become.less and less popular.
rafiADN

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:59:46 PM

could replace the bank, a small example in my country many people who can not afford the minimal technology. Is it possible they can get bitcoin, Maybe it could be in Europe or in the US can replace the bank, and already many ICO banks are popping up? Let's see how this develops.
Crowdsale.network

Activity: 104
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:35:38 PM

Yes, it does. The problem with Bitcoin is not the currency itself but rather the lack of any governing body regulating the exchanges. Without regulations, it is very difficult to track the transactions.
Bitcoin is independent from any central bank or any sort of manipulation by any government on the planet. People who use and create Bitcoin are those who are in charge of its future. That is the most important purpose of Bitcoin. Most of the early adopters of Bitcoin were libertarians and innovators, but today bigger part of the global society is starting to use Bitcoin. Now, people have an alternative. They can store value or trade with it without any control of the elite parts of the global society.
shultz1994

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:48:05 PM

Legal banks will remain as structures, but only on blockchain. But physically, banks and Bank branches will cease to exist. Why do we need Bank branches that work very slowly, require a large Commission, while we still need to keep their employees when there is a blockchain. I think the blockchain fully automates banking activities.
fanBit101

Activity: 228

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:51:53 PM

The future may be bitcoin and crypto will have an impact on the bank. The national currency will be spread to the US dollar and into the crypto and bitcoin markets. In the long run, it will cause conflicts in the way the operations and concepts of currency. But I think there will be appropriate measures to address that problem.
maximkretov

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 07:15:09 PM

Bitcoin is not a threat to financial stability and is unlikely to "smash" the main markets in the coming years, according to forecasts of leading European economists.
The small size of bitcoin and the separation from the main financial system became the main reason for the economists ' peace of mind.
However, senior financiers JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs reacted sharply to bitcoin, comparing it to a speculative bubble that could be dangerous for Central banks.
saadat6868

Activity: 179

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:31:52 PM

In my own country at least in is not seems to be it. The banks are kings of situation, not suspicious about the future, which waits for them to crash, hehhe!
Obeng ketok

Activity: 66

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:35:09 PM

Yes, right. bitcoin is a threat to banks. because some investors who usually invest in banks turn to bitcoin investments.
Titanos

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:48:37 PM

I don't think banks will disappear soon, world leaders will not let it happen. We hope that Bitcoin Will take a bigger share in the market and that it can be an effective alternative for banks.
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:51:33 PM

Just as the digital era, the photographic industry witnessed the bankruptcy of Kodak, the rise of online music, the disc has also been quickly eliminated, after the advent of bitcoin, the financial industry may also need to carry out major rectification. Will the bank disappear?

From all indications, the government of the countries who are afraid of adopting the Cryptocurrency/Bitcoin are afraid of change which is inevitable. I don't see Banks being totally eradicated but there will be an adoption and synchronization of the blockchain technology.
bjmpoker001

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:30:46 AM

Just as the digital era, the photographic industry witnessed the bankruptcy of Kodak, the rise of online music, the disc has also been quickly eliminated, after the advent of bitcoin, the financial industry may also need to carry out major rectification. Will the bank disappear?

bitcoin is not a threat, but it is a disruption for bank system in the world.
we cannot avoid the development of technology. bitcoin and cryptocurrency will be the advanced technology used in our future world.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
mkcube

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:40:43 AM

I think bitcoin is not a pose to threat banks,because banks is goberned by central bank which thier money is protected.And bitcoin and crpto  will be the advance technology used in our future world.
Tanjima

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:25:31 AM

No. it is not. Bank do bank work. Every people need money. There are so many things in the world that money is not possible without money.
So the bank is in its place. Bitcoin in his place.
BCSHonda

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:01:30 AM

I do not think so. Traditional banks have been around for a long time, helping people with their payments, transfers of cash, etc. It is managed by the state bank. Since the bitcoin was born, many developed nations around the world used bitcoin conveniently by paying for bitcoin services over the internet. Future bitcoin will grow in parallel with the bank, but bitcoin does not threaten traditional banks
Fakrull

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 12:59:21 PM

yes ,, even the biggest threat to the bank,whereas in a company is a reasonable thing / usually have a rival, this tp instead want to crush bitcoin, instead of them (bank) create electronic money for bitchin competition,
Telybin

Activity: 114

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:09:06 PM

Although most economists believe that there is little risk to the stability of the economy, they also suggest that the government should take stronger control measures against the bitcoin, because Their anonymity can increase tax evasion as well as other criminal activities. The current policy is to suppress tax evasion and money laundering, so it's odd to leave the field. digitization is allowed out of control. is a threat to the bank.
Valzzz005

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:21:06 PM

Somehow though the banks thinks about that way i have noticed that in our banks here in our country because they tried to banned bitcoins here in our country but a lot of people disagree and they do not have a lot of evidence too. And they are afraid that the time will come that ethere will be no people will invest in the banks because the profits in bitcoins is way much better than banks because in banks you just gonna have almost less than 1% per year and bitcoins we all know their behavior per yer they rise and fall which is great for an investment
sammyp

Activity: 854

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:27:37 PM

The bank will not disappear, why do I say this? The world is changing with the introduction of technology but human nature is such that not all will and can adapt to the new way of doing things. There are still a loot of people out there who are adamant and will never yield to change. Again there are other people who can neither read nor write, how will those people cope with this new era of doing things? They still need to rely on others to do their monetary transactions thus the banks. For these reasons among others, I think the banks will continue to operate even though they may loose customers like you and I who understand blockchain and bitcoin and feel safe with it.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
SaiWAFU

Activity: 193
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:35:11 PM

If bitcoin would serve its purpose as an alternative payment system, I think it would.

But majority of bitcoin holders prefer to hold their btc instead of using it for actual transactions.

Banks would have offered low transaction rates but with bitcoins fees, I don't think it will be adaopted soon by companies.
Caelanpelley

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:46:10 PM

Bitcoin will somehow threaten the bank. Currently, banks do not accept bitcoin payments. But if Bitcoin is firmly positioned in the world's currency markets, it is imperative that banks accept bitcoin payments. This caused a lot of problems for the bank. In addition to cash management, bankers must manage the system with bitcoin values.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: