Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 11:22:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the complete anonymity and decentralization of bitcoin good or bad?  (Read 196 times)
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:36:11 AM

Before talking about the characteristics of bitcoin with others, my friend raised doubts that when trading on the trading platform, we should save the bitcoin to the address specified by the platform, that is to say, we handed the bitcoin to the trading platform in exchange for " At any time to the platform to mention the credit "commitment. But there have been several incidents in which platforms were stolen and bitcoin stolen, investors suffered. Moreover, due to the characteristics of bitcoin, the stolen currency has no traceability, that is to say it does not even know whether it is a trading platform to defend itself from theft. Is it ironic that a so-called decentralized currency relies heavily on the credit of the trading platform? This makes me feel embarrassed, I do not know how to accurately refute him, I hope you can express your opinion.

bitcoin itself is decentralized, but it will be useless or worthless if it stays on your virtual wallet, that will not create traffic and also that was the main reason why bitcoin was so expensive, we need to trade it once in a while to circulate, but be careful in choosing what trading platforms you are to be use, you should look for reputable exchange sites, anonymity has some bad side especially when you had a mistake in sending to the wrong person, it has no return no exchange policy, so be careful sending bitcoin, although the original idea of bitcoin trading was peer to peer, trading platforms and exchange sites were added to help bitcoin gain more traffic. the more traffic, the more bitcoin price will increase.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Vektrum

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:38:48 AM

If you understand, the anonymity of bitcoin is very relative. All transactions are written in blockchein and there you can see the amount that is available in the wallet. Now in many countries, governments are beginning to introduce trade rules, in which in order to trade, a trader must identify himself to the tax authorities. We must assume that soon such practice will be everywhere. That is, in fact, we keep all the data that the relevant authorities can claim about, and all other information about the wallet is open for free access: when, what amount to which account is transferred. I believe that information about the amounts in the purse should be closed for public viewing. Hackers attack their wallets based on the amounts they have. It is obvious.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:39:14 AM

Before talking about the characteristics of bitcoin with others, my friend raised doubts that when trading on the trading platform, we should save the bitcoin to the address specified by the platform, that is to say, we handed the bitcoin to the trading platform in exchange for " At any time to the platform to mention the credit "commitment. But there have been several incidents in which platforms were stolen and bitcoin stolen, investors suffered. Moreover, due to the characteristics of bitcoin, the stolen currency has no traceability, that is to say it does not even know whether it is a trading platform to defend itself from theft. Is it ironic that a so-called decentralized currency relies heavily on the credit of the trading platform? This makes me feel embarrassed, I do not know how to accurately refute him, I hope you can express your opinion.

If anyone stores their bitcoins on an exchange and their bitcoins gets stolen because of the exchange getting hacked, or their account getting hacked, then it's obviously their problem. You could just store bitcoin in a wallet such as electrum and will probably never get your bitcoins stolen.

Bitcoin itself is decentralized. But right now, trading bitcoin with fiat still relies on centralized platforms, aka exchanges.

There are new decentralized exchanges popping up, though. Which could be a good sign. Also, the most decentralized way to trade bitcoin is to actually trade it with another person, without the intervention of a third party. That way, no third party holds your information.

Smiley
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 09:13:02 AM

If I keep my fiat csh under the mattress, then it's mine. If I deposit it in a bank account, then it is no longer mine, but belongs to the bank.

The same applies to Bitcoin and exchanges. If I run my own node, then the Bitcoin in the wallet is mine. If I deposit it in an exchange, then the coins belong to the exchange effectively, and I have to trust them to allow me to use my deposit and to keep it safe. Exchanges are Bitcoin banks, and one of the ideas behind Bitcoin was to free us from banks.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Cryptalking

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

Riding Whales to the Moon!

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 09:34:30 AM

Bitcoin is not 100% anonymous.. The future lays within 100% private coins

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: