Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:45:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Miss Blockchain. The saddest pageant.  (Read 152 times)
stopmaster200 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:53:49 PM

The entire purpose of an ICO is lost and it became a popularity contest. The ICO market works like a pageant contest where models can not only bribe the judges but can also buy the press.

So here is one of our contestants,  Miss ICO Becky. Becky runs on a very ambitious platform called “Save the Whales”. Becky doesn’t have a glimpse of a product  but she has a plan, a vision or, like some of you would call it, a Whitepaper. In her paper, Becky is 100% sure that she can save the whales by selling the dolphins.

A decentralized ocean needs less dolphins in order to have more whales, Becky pleads.

She doesn’t have a solution on how to catch and to whom to sell the dolphins but she is certain that she can write the code for it! So she creates a Sell The Dolphins token (STD) and claims that if people start buying it not only will she be able to save the whales but the value of the token will go to the moon as more and more people will be fascinated by her solution.
Becky has some money in her pocket and wastes no time. Right from the beginning she buys Telegram members and articles in the newspaper.
People hear about her and already are intrigued: Are these just fairytales, saving with STD the Whales?

Looking for other opportunities to promote herself she finds out that the market has something called Miss ICO trackers and wants in. But she notices that a lot of other models are already listed there. She soon realizes that she can just pay the trackers and she will be the shiniest of them all without anyone questioning the legitimacy of her product.
People start to rumble louder:
This is getting real, but we need to hear from experts is her STD really a good deal?

Our beautiful Miss Becky has now another challenge, she has to face the judges so she goes in front of the BENCH. These guys are all experts, tremendous in their fields but most can't tell the difference between a dolphin and a deer. So they focus on the looks and Miss Becky looks just fine but one judge tells her how things go here by:
-You want to Save the Whales, that’s a good idea but need more pretty faces to make it in this field
-More pretty faces? Am I not enough?.
-Of course you’re not my dear and we will rank you bad if none of us are near.
These judges have no problem in offering their services, they just ask for money and they can even bring more friends on the panel to get her rating higher.
Becky stops a second and then starts to think; I can just bring these judges as members of my team. Miss Becky buys these advisors’ services so her rating rises and she is a top deal.

People now are almost screaming:  Is her STD the best? Should I get in before the rest?
Now Miss ICO Becky is famous and her STD is spreading everywhere. 
Some Youtubers catch it and immediately jump in actions: Becky is beautiful-check, Has Great Advisors check; A lot of telegram members-check; Huge growing potential-check;
Judging with their excels, they spread it even faster.

Miss Becky loves the new attention and so another thought breeds: 
Why should any schmuck  just get my STD?
So she starts a private sale and people nuts are going:
We must buy it now, soon the doors are closing.

With the new cash earned Becky can now spread her STD everywhere.
People buy it without a second thought: Her STD must be the best I should buy it fast!
Miss Becky has earned millions selling her idea and investors are all happy that they made a profit deal.

One year passes and Whales still have all the problems but Becky is already part of another deal. This time she is supporting Miss Pegg’s project with all her strength. She wants to save the snails by creating an Artificial Intelligence for Decentralized Snails. This will spread much faster as Becky is now well known and has more cash to grease the wheels.
All investors love her: She previously made us profit! She has experience in the field! And jump on the new idea.
They don't question why, sweet Becky has the time, to be in other projects when her first   has yet to meet any deadline.

But let's all picture something, two-three years from now, what will happen when, it will be revealed that Becky’s code will never actually be here. That Becky spent most of their money on marketing, advisors, overpaid deals and so did Pegg, Martha and Bonnie.

Investors need to know that no matter how fast they traded Becky’s token or how high their short term profits were, they will always have her STD in mind. They move their funds from one Miss to another, using Becky as the success ICO standard. So the pattern is now set and they are looking for more profits but they don’t know that once Becky’s plan fails so will the market, like a domino. They will lose all their investments trapped in shiny, glowy Misses.

The sad thing here is there were always developers that knew the STD was bad. But they chose to stay silent for no apparent reason. Or maybe they just feel that they have no voice and are not listened to. Developers should be the best advisors in this field.
So I urge the Devs and honest people in the field: Speak up! Join us and let’s be the ones that set the ICO Standard!  Let’s break the vicious circle and save millions!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:11:04 PM

And this is why drugs are not a good idea.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
stopmaster200 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:18:00 PM

And this is why drugs are not a good idea.
LoL, no drugs here friend.
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:11:05 AM

The entire purpose of an ICO is lost and it became a popularity contest. The ICO market works like a pageant contest where models can not only bribe the judges but can also buy the press.

First of all, really funny story. Enjoyed it

Second, you're absolutely right. I don't know if you heard about that guy Ian Ballina? He made some good money on ICOs and has this spreadsheet where he lists ICOs he wants to invest in and rates them (100%-0%).
Seems like people are going nuts over his little excel sheet though, everyone wants to copy him to maximalize profit, I even noticed that ICOs he gets into that it actually boosts the price... like.. seriously? You think he has some magic ability? He got in at the right time and he bought tons of ICOs, and we all know now. In 2017 you could have picked almost anything and made gains (even confido pumped to 60 cents after reaching 0.00$)

But ofcourse there are going to be extra-ordinaire winners, he also missed ICOs doing 10x on exchange launch. Its more a gamble than actual science.

And yes tons of ICOs just pay for press, don't know if the community actually realises that? Partnerships are hyped aswell even though people clearly have misconceptions of what it can mean to be a partner.
Seems like there's a genuine gold rush going on and people don't really care, aslong as the profits are there. Can't blame them, I'm doing somewhat the same.

But from an investors perspective, there are so MANY ICOs, its actually hard to find a good and decent ICO, tons of calender sites and once you find a good one you realise its already sold out! But people want to take profit really fast, they don't want to wait 1-3 years till the project is actually finished and can get marketed to the audience. Most companies/projects don't even make it to the age of 5..

And if you want quick profits, you're not going to invest in some obscure ICO no 1 cares about, there are some really good projects people ignore purely because it can't do that 10x within a week/month like they are used to.
And the ICO space is only attracting more attention from companies/consumers alike, so don't expect it to end anytime soon. (being a pageant contest)

jdbao

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:32:09 AM

I know it's all crazy.
There are new ico emerging, and some people constantly investing in ico, I believe many people will realize that a lot of ico projects will eventually disappear, but they still want to board this last one Shuttle.
concorde899

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:39:45 AM

First of all, really funny story. Enjoyed it

Second, you're absolutely right. I don't know if you heard about that guy Ian Ballina? He made some good money on ICOs and has this spreadsheet where he lists ICOs he wants to invest in and rates them (100%-0%).
Seems like people are going nuts over his little excel sheet though, everyone wants to copy him to maximalize profit, I even noticed that ICOs he gets into that it actually boosts the price... like.. seriously? You think he has some magic ability? He got in at the right time and he bought tons of ICOs, and we all know now. In 2017 you could have picked almost anything and made gains (even confido pumped to 60 cents after reaching 0.00$)

But ofcourse there are going to be extra-ordinaire winners, he also missed ICOs doing 10x on exchange launch. Its more a gamble than actual science.

And yes tons of ICOs just pay for press, don't know if the community actually realises that? Partnerships are hyped aswell even though people clearly have misconceptions of what it can mean to be a partner.
Seems like there's a genuine gold rush going on and people don't really care, aslong as the profits are there. Can't blame them, I'm doing somewhat the same.

But from an investors perspective, there are so MANY ICOs, its actually hard to find a good and decent ICO, tons of calender sites and once you find a good one you realise its already sold out! But people want to take profit really fast, they don't want to wait 1-3 years till the project is actually finished and can get marketed to the audience. Most companies/projects don't even make it to the age of 5..

And if you want quick profits, you're not going to invest in some obscure ICO no 1 cares about, there are some really good projects people ignore purely because it can't do that 10x within a week/month like they are used to.
And the ICO space is only attracting more attention from companies/consumers alike, so don't expect it to end anytime soon. (being a pageant contest)

We know that most of the "Advisors" will just bring their sheep and buy some Tokens from your fresh ICO, but the questions is: Is that the true meaning of an advisor?
He/She does not look at the code nor the long time project advantages.
Ratings are based only on upfront incentives.
Nowadays the Advisor only puts you to modify your website, he spreads FOMO and uses his private community to increase the sales of the ICO that paid him.
This is happening since a while ago and has to stop. This is not protecting the investors, this is missleading them. What kind of Advisor is that? One that never wrote a line of code in his life, just analyzing an ICO based on "Data"....What kind of "data"? The project is new. There is not enough data to analyze...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: