Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:42:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is bitcoin price so stable in 2018?  (Read 1119 times)
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:09:08 PM

we can`t state any theories for 2018 yet because we are in the first month of 2018 but the price has been same also in 2017 and that`s why they say btc is volatile.

Volatile is just characteristic of all cryptocurrency include bitcoin.
This volaite now is not so high maybe people decide to wait and see what bitcoin will do.
No big investor come into bitcoin also one of the reason.
The conclusion is to wait a lot better, we can still open up opportunities to reach much higher bitcoin prices so we will get a sizeable profit. I am very confident that there will be an increase in bitcoin prices later, many people are predicting that bitcoin will surpass the highest level ever achieved in 2017. I want to be part of that bitcoin price increase and I want to take the best momentum I can get.
Only those people can get benefit from bitcoin, who have the courage to hold bitcoin in current panic like situation. Although there is not such a big panic selling but bitcoin price is not get moving forward for a long time which compel people to sell their holding  bitcoins. To me i think it is right to say that bitcoin will cross his all time high price very soon, because we are expecting some good news about bitcoin which will really boost the bitcoin price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elloco4ever

Activity: 623
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:38:48 PM

People feel that bitcoin has rally so much in 2017 despite all the negativity and several fork trying to limit bitcoin growth. The saw bitcoin that was resilient and solid. I think people's confidence in bitcoin have grown to a point where bitcoin is consider as an asset both for now and especially for future.

That's absolutely true but still there are bunch of people who are easily made to believe that bitcoin will be banned and whenever there is a slightest dump there are made to believe that as end of bitcoin and forced to sell it at lower price we need a proper community.

Am I spamming? Report me!
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:45:12 PM

I am not seeing any stability of bitcoin rather a bearish market of it. This I think is normal, last year this was also felt. Plus, we had been hearing news about the government's action against bitcoin so this factor would be affecting.
I think the main reason for this so called "stability" is as a result of investors being afraid of losing their investments as government keeps changing its stance over how cryptocurrencies will be used so people are not so active for now...which explains its stability

Too early to say that Bitcoin price is stable in 2018. It's the first month of the year, and we actually saw strong variations in the past few weeks.
I agree with you but the last days of January has been pretty stable
MaskOffFuture

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:45:21 PM

People feel that bitcoin has rally so much in 2017 despite all the negativity and several fork trying to limit bitcoin growth. The saw bitcoin that was resilient and solid. I think people's confidence in bitcoin have grown to a point where bitcoin is consider as an asset both for now and especially for future.

That's absolutely true but still there are bunch of people who are easily made to believe that bitcoin will be banned and whenever there is a slightest dump there are made to believe that as end of bitcoin and forced to sell it at lower price we need a proper community.

The stability of the bitcoin price is because of that it's making a base along the current price. This is not bad news, this is good news for bitcoin. It will be able to make better price rallies in the future.
NadiaHel

Activity: 336
Merit: 203

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:05:04 PM

What do you think is happening?

Is people hoding less their coins?

Is there more manipulation by big whales, speculators or big institutional investors trying to profit the flavour of the moment?

I feel that there are big players "pumping and dumping" in order to manipulate the market to stabilize price and "control" in a certain way the price fluctuation.

Obviously bitcoin is very dangerous for our old corrupted economy, don't you think that in acertain way there's an unusual stop of the past few months trend?
After reaching $20k there's a correction to $17k and then price stabilizes at 11-12k with mini-dips that last seconds before going uptrend...

In my opinion the key factor could be also that if bitcoin reaches $30-50k then it will be very difficult for newcomers to buy bitcoin for buying altcoins in the exchanges.

So that stabilizing the price to an affordable $10k for a while could be a way to engage more people to bitcoinworld.

Or maybe it's all ok, there's no manipuation, it is a stanby before the big run to $50k-100k. Then newcomers will start buying and trading in Ethereum or Litecoin, because at the moment there aren't exchanges accepting fiat money, you have to enter and buy your altcoins directly with cryptocurrencies...

Which in your opinion are the main reasons?

1. It is just January, and if you take a look at the same period last year you will see that BTC is always kind of "in silence" for the first couple of months every year.
2. Well, it is normal people is just holding for the moment, but I don't believe this to be the only reason.
3. China has banned BTC and it is just recovering from all the bad publicity that has come with it.
4. I just believe this is normal. If you see the behaviour of BTC from the last couple of years, it seems to be a kind of friki loop.
Beefcake

Activity: 279
Merit: 132

Beefcake!!!

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:12:20 PM

I suspect that the price is being supressed by big wall street investors.  Goldman has a bitcoin trading desk opening soon for example, and there is lots of other wall street stuff brewing.  These guys have the knowledge and resources to control price to a large extent and I suspect they are doing so to accumulate at lower prices, set up shop, before things explode more.  They don't want to miss the boat so they are steering it.

Also there are problems with bitcoin not keeping up with other coins.  Lots of in fighting and shenannegans, this may be encouraging people to buy alt coins in stead.

Don't worry though, the ingredients that caused the huge 2017 run up are still there, and institutional investors are just getting started.  I think price will increase again.  Just be patient.
rhodelmabanal

Activity: 1044
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:41:19 PM

I suggest that if you trade to this time, bitcoin price are tangible to this time which is when you sell or buy it, there's a chance that everything is falling. I think you could come back during 'ber months it's because the price is demand and people will know that it is Christmas. One thing to know is when the buyers think that it's  good enough to sell that's the best signal as I think.

aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:50:18 PM

We are only one month into the year, we’ll see lots of price fluctuations this year. There will also be periods where the price doesn’t change much.

The price is going to depend on many factors including: supply and demand, price manipulation, bad or good news, new coins or technology in the market, government regulations, business adoption, etc.  With all these variables, it’s hard to make price projections.
Hazaki

Activity: 406
Merit: 156

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:28:09 PM

So much parameters control the bitcoin price , and right now we are living a rather stable phase that marks every year's beginning through the history of bitcoin , and i'm surprised that the price haven't dropped much more than this especially after the new government regulations that have been announced in both china and south korea .
This phase will certainly benefit the market since people will be further encouraged to invest in cryptos since all of them has dropped in value thus making it an opportunity for people to acquire some coins . We'll certainly face a lot of price fluctuations this year but things will certainly go for the better since a lot of problems have already been sorted up at the same time with the network clearing up to less than 37k unconfirmed transactions (was more than 150k a week ago .. ) .
What we should learn tho , is that large users base concentrations such as in China could affect the market hugely , especially after so many people cashed out their coins to enjoy their holidays for the New Lunar Year , we should know from now and on that any coin supported by Chinese whales could be affected by such events and thus thinking twice before going all in for it .
abayan

Activity: 686
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:29:05 PM

I am not seeing any stability of bitcoin rather a bearish market of it. This I think is normal, last year this was also felt. Plus, we had been hearing news about the government's action against bitcoin so this factor would be affecting.
[/quote
Yup, I dont see any stability in bitcoin as well. Besides, if bitcoin becomes stable to its price, I go find and invest in another cryptocurrency instead because there is no thrill anymore. I mean, we trade bitcoin because of its price.
If this remains stable, no new offer can be made and demand will be stagnant.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄           ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
yesss

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:09:18 AM

Is there more manipulation by big whales, speculators or big institutional investors trying to profit the flavour of the moment?

I feel that there are big players "pumping and dumping" in order to manipulate the market to stabilize price and "control" in a certain way the price fluctuation.

Obviously bitcoin is very dangerous for our old corrupted economy, don't you think that in acertain way there's an unusual stop of the past few months trend?
After reaching $20k there's a correction to $17k and then price stabilizes at 11-12k with mini-dips that last seconds before going uptrend...

In my opinion the key factor could be also that if bitcoin reaches $30-50k then it will be very difficult for newcomers to buy bitcoin for buying altcoins in the exchanges.

So that stabilizing the price to an affordable $10k for a while could be a way to engage more people to bitcoinworld.

Or maybe it's all ok, there's no manipuation, it is a stanby before the big run to $50k-100k. Then newcomers will start buying and trading in Ethereum or Litecoin, because at the moment there aren't exchanges accepting fiat money, you have to enter and buy your altcoins directly with cryptocurrencies...

I think the price of bitcoin was severe in early 2018 because in 4 weeks there was a lot of bad information related to bitcoin and other coins causing bitcoin's price to be disastrous. We can see that in Korea and China there are tightening regulations for bitcoin trading as well as minimizing bitcoin buyers in their countries. And last but not least, the Tether has so much bad news that the market is hit hard.
jsrenthourse

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:12:21 AM

I think the heavy fall of bitcoin in value has left many investors worried. We all know that bitcoin prices were only $ 4,000 in the past four weeks, but now it's down 50% to $ 10,000. I think that the decline was due to the bad news from the Chinese and Korean charges that severely affected the value of bitcoin.
letecia012

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:35:13 AM

I cannot also say that 2018 price for Bitcoin would be stable considering we are at the first month of the year maybe the thread starter want to point out the consolidation of bitcoin at 10k - 11k$. since we are in bearish expect more up and down in bitcoin price and stability may far at this time.
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:37:33 AM

I cannot also say that 2018 price for Bitcoin would be stable considering we are at the first month of the year maybe the thread starter want to point out the consolidation of bitcoin at 10k - 11k$. since we are in bearish expect more up and down in bitcoin price and stability may far at this time.
Yeah we are in the first month of the year then if you look up the chart of price movement compared last year or the other year are the same in this year. Bitcoin was dumping on this month or first quarter of the year and it is bouncing back again around last quarter of the year like what happen last year. And other factor of being stable of price now that was some of country are keep banning bitcoin and it is effect the demand of bitcoin and also the price. So, if you hold some bitcoin may i suggest you that hold as you can.

Trcream

Activity: 164
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 05:02:07 AM

I wouldn't call the price stable per say. However, the price is figuring out which direction it wants to go. We are starting to see a resistance level. If you look at the short-term moving averages we could also be heading towards a slump (hopefully not a crash).

☛ CBNT☚
-Create Breaking News Together- (https://web.cbnt.io/)
Dobrodav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:43:34 AM

this is really a price war. many people who are scaring of the future of Bitcoin sell in panic meanwhile many really investors choose this time to buy BTC with low price. i think BTC will rise a gain in next few months

Webberson

Activity: 588
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 06:13:08 AM

Considering the fact that the year just started, it is still too early to jump into conclusion, regarding the state of bitcoin. The market is not static and so, cannot be stable. I see the market being at equilibrium and trying to get a support, which is why the price is hovering around 10k - 11k. 

VBCryp@

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:39:04 AM

I believe there will be a bitcoin price increase, and many predict that in 2018 the bitcoin will surpass the highest level that bitcoin has achieved by 2017. Someone could benefit from bitcoin because they The courage to keep bitcoin. I think the confidence of the people in bitcoin has risen to a point where bitcoin is considered an asset for both now and especially for the future.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:44:49 AM

The year of 2018 is just starting. No one can notice or know what may happen next and by that, we dont need to be worry. Because maybe one day or soon the price of bitcoin will get boom and rise up again.
All those who know about bitcoins, they must not be talking these stupid things about bitcoins. There are trends for it. Whenever some high pump came, there is a deep dip after than pump is expected and this is happening right now. Just consider the prices at the time of charismas.

It was fantastic to see the prices jumping on jump pad and they were increasing with much high rate. So hold them a good time is coming.
Harsh_Patel

Activity: 182

Algo Trader

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:09:53 AM

Every asset over time achieve the stability and reduce the volatility as time passes. Cryptocurrency is emerging market and just due to money influx there is a lot of movement. As time passes this will get stabilize due to stability in in flow and out flow.

Options and Future are other things that help the price to achieve stability and volatility reduction.

I am sorry for my wrong doings.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ Hindi Translation Delivery in 5 days ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: