Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:17:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: info about btc futures  (Read 378 times)
asdlolciterquit (OP)

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:50:33 PM

I'm wondering, if some choose to not buy btc at the price that was decided before, btc price will not be influenced in any way...correct?

Nothing happens to Bitcoin's price since the future markets just tie their products to the rate of a certain exchange. Everything that happens on CBOE for example, will not reflect on our traditional Bitcoin exchanges. It's vice versa -- everything that happens on the Bitcoin exchanges the future markets are tethering their rates from, will reflect on there. In other words, it's one way traffic.

well, but if the price of one exchanges start to fall, the price of the other exchanges will follow, isn't it?
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
S.Alam

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:31:33 PM

Nobody can tell the future, just guess. Based on this hypothesis, people save money, dream about invest in for the future.

Can not we say that the future of BTC in not good or bad? Because the different countries of the world are now investing in BTC. Demand for crypto currency increases.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:01:31 PM

@cryptocrusher  and @Beerwizzard  thanks again for your help!

I'm wondering, if some choose to not buy btc at the price that was decided before, btc price will not be influenced in any way...correct?
Well, the BTC price could be influenced by those futures but the price of the futures price is settled in fiat which make the general idea look more like a gambling for traditional investors where they are betting on the BTC price. The only influence frome those things is an "expert view" of traditional investors.
If there was a real chance to buy BTC via those futures then I suppose that it could have some influense because  a big part of investors would prefer to fix their income after the expiration of the contract. It doesn't look like a breaking moment for the market but anyway.

Nothing happens to Bitcoin's price since the future markets just tie their products to the rate of a certain exchange. Everything that happens on CBOE for example, will not reflect on our traditional Bitcoin exchanges. It's vice versa -- everything that happens on the Bitcoin exchanges the future markets are tethering their rates from, will reflect on there. In other words, it's one way traffic.

well, but if the price of one exchanges start to fall, the price of the other exchanges will follow, isn't it?
Yes, thats how it happens on usual exchanges but richardsNY compared btc futures on CBOE with crypto exchanges which is a bit wrong. Futures trading is not the same as the normal trading. Everything that happens on CBOE may only influence the other exchanges as a call to buy or sell.
P.S. Sorry for the late respond.
asdlolciterquit (OP)

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:59:56 PM

Nobody can tell the future, just guess. Based on this hypothesis, people save money, dream about invest in for the future.

Can not we say that the future of BTC in not good or bad? Because the different countries of the world are now investing in BTC. Demand for crypto currency increases.

hello S.Alam, we are not talking about the future understood as the time is yet to come, but we are talking about this -->https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futures_contract
zander09

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:06:32 PM

Hello everyone! I can not guess what the future of bitcoin is. I hope you have some advice or send a message to me find out. thanks.
You can research about bitcoin, know a lot about it will help you to know if what can be the future of bitcoin, actually all of us not totally know what can be the future of it, some of this are just speculations and there is nothing sure.
alibaba93

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:23:57 PM

Hi everyone,
i've read a lot about the influence that btc's futures can have on btc's price.
Can someone be so kind to help me to understand how? Maybe with a numeric example?

Thank you in advance!
Actually at this moment I think the future of bitcoin is really hard to guess. We can see in the past few weeks the price of bitcoin has been steadily declining and has hit the $ 6000 mark. This shows that this market is a lot of risk and we do not know what to expect. The residual bitcoin will depend heavily on the community of investors and on the acceptance of countries.
KEPLER99

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:41:41 AM

If we look the past record of the bitcoin in detail, then we’ll notice this thing that the record of the bitcoin has become even better than its yesterday’s record. However, there were certain situations when the market value of bitcoin was not that much good but even then, the number of investors who were investing their money into bitcoin kept on increasing and the similar kind of trend will be followed in the future as well, thus making the market value of bitcoin even higher.
AMHURSICKUS

Merit: 101

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:48:56 PM

The price of btc  is still decreasing but it is still profitable because its price is still high than its price when it still starting.
This big drop is only a part of getting more profit and after this big drop big rise will comeback, so we better take this a chance to buy more btc or earn more btc. Be patient and trust btc, because our profit is on its way.

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
September11Myth

Activity: 387
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:06:09 PM

Hi everyone,
Can someone be so kind to help me to understand how? Maybe with a numeric example?

Thank you in advance!

It depends on which futures you mean. The CBOE and CME futures are cash settled in dollars, so don't really affect the underlying market at all (though some people have persuaded themselves that it does).

The futures on BitMex are real in that you have to deliver bitcoins if you short the market -they do affect the underlying market, because people need to trade in the underlying market to settle their BitMex futures.

What I cannot understand is how futures like CBOE and CME can affect a market if they never touch it. In fact, from what you say, I understand these are just like putting bets on whatever will happen in the world, concerning things you are totally unrelated with.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:30:20 AM

If we look the past record of the bitcoin in detail, then we’ll notice this thing that the record of the bitcoin has become even better than its yesterday’s record. However, there were certain situations when the market value of bitcoin was not that much good but even then, the number of investors who were investing their money into bitcoin kept on increasing and the similar kind of trend will be followed in the future as well, thus making the market value of bitcoin even higher.
I only know one thing regarding the future of the bitcoin and that this it holds a very bright future in all the ways and the ones who are there in this business will be the ones having a huge amount of money in the near future. The way people are showing their interest towards bitcoin is a clear prediction of this thing that the market is going to increase and will rise high in next couple of days, thus making the market value high.
RockHenki

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:05:03 AM

At present bitcoin prices are still down but still profitable because the price is still higher than its price when it is still starting. The way in which people are concerned about bitcoin is a clear prediction that the market will increase and will rise in the next few days, thus bringing the market value up. In 2018 I think the price will reach 40 thousand dollars.
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:54:37 AM

The bitcoin futures trading volume and prices can be found on CBOE website with contract expiration dates.

http://cfe.cboe.com/cfe-products/xbt-cboe-bitcoin-futures
strongwarrior238

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:22:09 AM

Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance!
I think that the distant future is really hard to tell, because we can see bitcoin prices are fluctuating a lot last month, bitcoin prices have dropped to the $ 6000 level and now have recovered. to the $ 9900 mark. At present, bitcoin is still on the rise. I think in the coming days bitcoin prices will be able to surpass $ 12,000.
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:36:24 PM

to date I see no exact research on bitcoin price futures, with current prices moving pretty slowly and one of the things we need to do is stay patient to continue monitoring a bitcoin price movement. but although bitcoin price movements look very slow for now I remain optimistic that bitcoin is doing a fairly periodic step up to the highest value point.
Makrochain

Activity: 130
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:45:34 PM

Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance!
We can see the price of bitcoin is recovering strongly in the days after reaching $ 6000. I think this is a very old sign that the market is showing signs of recovery after bitcoin slumps. I believe that bitcoin will grow strongly in 2018 and break the 20000 mark by mid-2018, so trust and buy bitcoin right now.
@Mhaiang

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:52:59 PM

No one will ever know about the exact amount of bitcoin in the future. We only guess the value of this crypto currency but even though we are not sure the exact amount it will grow still we are aware that bitcoin will be still leading crypto currency in the crypto market and will give us great income.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
tatum506

Activity: 311

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:25:08 PM

Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance!
Bitcoin prices have been volatile in recent days, although they have begun to rebound after reaching $ 6,000. Bitcoins are still in steady range over the past few days and are closing at $ 9800. . I think that with the current barriers, from bad news to bitcoin continuously, the price of electronic money will be very difficult to develop as in 2018.
Alijiindahaus

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:47:04 PM

Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance!
Bitcoin prices have been volatile in recent days, although they have begun to rebound after reaching $ 6,000. Bitcoins are still in steady range over the past few days and are closing at $ 9800. . I think that with the current barriers, from bad news to bitcoin continuously, the price of electronic money will be very difficult to develop as in 2018.
you almost said yourself that the crypto currency is very unpredictable and Bitcoin fluctuates in different directions. But you do not need to wait for high prices, but because already due to price fluctuations, you can make good money.
baundul

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:22:41 PM

Nobody knows the BTC's future. But everybody has something good like this. BTC's future is difficult to predict. It depends on everyone around the world. But you can go here to know...
https://cointelegraph.com/tags/bitcoin
https://cointelegraph.com/bitcoin-price-index
Mia_pikachu

Activity: 333
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:45:28 AM

The price of btc  is still decreasing but it is still profitable because its price is still high than its price when it still starting.
This big drop is only a part of getting more profit and after this big drop big rise will comeback, so we better take this a chance to buy more btc or earn more btc. Be patient and trust btc, because our profit is on its way.
indeed bitcoin is currently dropping very far from the highest price, but bitcoin prices are still expensive if I think, yes, this is our chance to be able to buy lots of bitcoins to store, and we will be eagerly waiting for bitcoin to be up again.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: