Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:40:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Members screwed by Merit, sign here for fix.  (Read 442 times)
SamsungBitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 280

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:44:31 AM

I thought theymos adjusted some things. Did I understood this wrong??

I decided that the previous allocation was too unfair in this area, so everyone with activity >= 775 got 500 more merit if they didn't already have 1000 merit (and also Lutpin). No extra sMerit, though.

And according to this thread, The forthnightly periods are 1/16, 1/30 and so on
^
my activity raised by post....

Let's see the response of more people touched. I'm not going to argue with anyone here, let the admin decide.
I feel you man, i am also near to hero member but when this new feartures apply i feel that ranking up of my account will be delayed but in my self i will embrace that new policy since this could be for the better of this forum to avoid shit posting and also for us to improved our post quality.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 07:17:08 AM

The recent addition of the merit system along with the abuse of the new additions to DT2 will make it much harder for those tagged for invalid reasons to gain merit.

I’m not sure about you but id think twice about awarding merit to someone with negative trust.

The merit system seems good for new members and removing the low level posts and single sentence posts, but from the looks of it lots of older members who have contributed to these forums are being left behind and forgotten about while they try to address the problem of spam.

I think you’re missing the point, though. Just because you’re an old member of the forums doesn’t mean that you’re automatically entitled to merit. You can have a 5 year old account here and still be a shitposter.

I will agree, however, that there has been much less spam on the forums his past week since merit was introduced. As an avid user of the watchlist feature to watch entire boards of topics I’m genuinely interested in, I’ve noticed that the daily page counts are not nearly as high as they were in previous months.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 10:40:08 AM

What's the big deal about being Legendary?

You get the same signature benefits as a Hero. The only advantage as I see it is that you can earn a bit more from sig campaigns by spamming the forum.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:32:39 AM

I thought the merit idea sucked, and although it makes it more difficult to rank up, it also makes the quality of posts much higher. I am fine with it, just wish I could get to Full Member a bit quicker. If the last week is an indicator of how long it will take me to get to 100 merit from 10, it will take me over 20 weeks I think to get there. That kind of sucks no matter how you look at it when the fact is, if I created this account a few months earlier I would already be there.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:39:11 AM

If you don't rank up, you didn't deserve to in the first place.  The bar has been raised and those who are feeling the pain right now are the ones spinning their wheels with the English language, trying to come up with brilliance; it will never happen.  Once they realize the futility of their pursuit, they will give up and bitcointalk will have a much cleaner feel to it.  It won't be long.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: