Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:05:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think members can rank up with the new merit system?
Yes - 95 (30.3%)
No - 178 (56.7%)
Both - 14 (4.5%)
Not sure - 27 (8.6%)
Total Voters: 314

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The reality is 99.9% members can never rank up with the new merit system.  (Read 4045 times)
holder99

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:32:21 PM

The system is very simple to distinguish between those who really care about cryptocurrencies and some speculators, so concerned about the forum to go longer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2432

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 01:02:34 PM

From what I've seen, meta is the only forum where people are willing to give out merit. No one in the altcoin forums is willing to use it. I've made numerous posts that have gotten "thank you" replies, but no one has clicked the button yet. Then I come in here and I see people giving it out left and right just for sharing an opinion or being well known.

I dunno, I'm just extra salty because the system was put in to place like a week before I was supposed to rank up to full member so now I've got a lot more work to do to get there. Just need to find the right places to post I guess.

I had a quick look at your recent post history, and most of it seems to have been on the alt boards. There are quite a few of us who don't visit those boards, and thus we don't award merit there.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
t3hpwnographer

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 02:12:28 PM

From what I've seen, meta is the only forum where people are willing to give out merit. No one in the altcoin forums is willing to use it. I've made numerous posts that have gotten "thank you" replies, but no one has clicked the button yet. Then I come in here and I see people giving it out left and right just for sharing an opinion or being well known.

I dunno, I'm just extra salty because the system was put in to place like a week before I was supposed to rank up to full member so now I've got a lot more work to do to get there. Just need to find the right places to post I guess.

I had a quick look at your recent post history, and most of it seems to have been on the alt boards. There are quite a few of us who don't visit those boards, and thus we don't award merit there.
Right, that's kinda my point. It seems like the system is very lopsided and promotes posting on just a couple boards. I get why some people don't visit the altcoin boards much; wading through piles of generic/spam posts to find any sort of quality content can get pretty tedious, though it is there. I just don't like the fact that the merit system directly affects the altcoin boards (mainly bounty participation) which is also where there is the least incentive to use it (you gain nothing from giving out merit, and helping someone else rank up could adversely affect your ability to get in to a bounty with limited spots or allow them to earn more tokens than you).
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 02:16:51 PM
Merited by Vod (1)

I'm a Bitcoin user, and not a bounty hunter, so I don't care about those boards. In fact I hope they will be shut down so that we can have our forum back.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
topleskacah

Activity: 125
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:27:13 PM

you are very right, not all good post will get merit.
because I think people are too stingy to give merit, they choose to hoard their merit until it becomes rotten.
here merit is given based on likes or dislikes, not about useless or useless.
I do not know, I can only obey this rule.
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 03:33:11 PM

Merits are not given out because most posts are crap. I ran a plagiarism check on one post by a newbie, and this is what I got.

newfan

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:00:11 PM

what is the point of getting merits? i can still rank with activity no?
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 04:07:46 PM

You posted the correct answer - no.

Also you need to stop being lazy, and read some of the threads before posting. Have some consideration for the other members here.

aurorabitcoin.96

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

Never DO AIRDROPS

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:34:23 PM

You posted the correct answer - no.

Also you need to stop being lazy, and read some of the threads before posting. Have some consideration for the other members here.
But, i have little doubt about this system. Pardon because it is Subjective Opinion
1. I agree that Merit can decrease and eliminate shitposter, that's make we think more to write post here.
2. Merit Requirements maybe need some adjustment, i think current Requirement is high. (Started from Member above)
3. Although you are Good-Quality Poster, sometimes Higher-Rank user can ignore you because "Oh, i dont have much time to check good-quality post one by one from thousand post".
4. And, the fact that People love send their merit(s) to Top-Tier Rank, because they might think Hero/Legendary has better post rather than Member/FullMember/Sr.Member.
Anyway, if you disagree or discuss something. Do it properly, No Rushing, No Offense. Thank you

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:54:15 PM

At least 47 of your received merit came from posts that have the word merit in the title  (yah, me to...)

It does not seem in the spirit of merit to be rewarded for discussing the problems of merit.

If you had 51 merit points in that time period from discussing Bit (or alt) coin topics, then I would be impressed.

I see your point, this is true but you know why this is happening?
Because a big part of the community is not aware of the system yet. Many did't see the their merit scores at all, but when it comes a time to rank-up, then they start wondering what happens and rush to the Meta section to ask and read. When they find out, then they give some merit to test it and there, this is why the Meta is so popular these days.

This is why I suggested that everyone registered should be informed via PM about the new system in order to become more efficient in a shorter period of time.
But hey, this is my suggestion and ...who am I, just a newbie here. So we will see some development of the system soon as it becomes more and more accepted by the people.

romanovst

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:18:55 PM

because I think people are too stingy to give merit, they choose to hoard their merit until it becomes rotten.

Some suggestions for you:

1) Just look at the way you formatted the answer. Even if you post something constructive, it will appear irritating with such a format.

2) You need to check the merit stats page, you will realize that daily hundreds of merits are being given to deserving members.

3) You may be right about members giving merits to posts they agree with. Admin stated that members should not do this but I think the system is new and we should give it some time before members get used to it. Also, do not forget that there are merit sources who are expected to be more responsible with sending merits.

lenovo16

Activity: 210
Merit: 120

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:04:05 PM

I would like to choose both happy and sad.
1. Happy because merit system has motivated users to be more energetic, more constructive, in particular newcomers have tried composing higher quality posts, helping others. On the other hand, higher ranked users found them useful in terms of giving newcomers hints, links, documents to learn, advices to improve their knowledge, skills, etc. It is two-way interaction between them.
2. Sad mainly because merit abusements seem to be occured and discovered day by day, including merit trading, merit exchanging, etc. We can easily found low-quality or even one-line posts which received 20, 30, or 50 merits from one specific sender. It destroys the original objectives of merit system.

To conclude, I highly appreciate what Theymos have done to launch merit system and strongly believe in the system that it will help to clean up and build up the forum as better place for Bitcoin/Altcoins discussions.
Newcomers will definitely rank up if they spend more time to read, to learn, to share, to help each other. The more time they spend for each post, the higher (in most cases) quality post will get; which in turn increase writers' internal quality day by day. For long-term improvement like this, those ones will have more chances to earn merits from other users. Most importantly, don't be here simply for getting merits, for ranking up, and getting free money fastly; instead be here for those purposes mentioned above. Of course, newcomers can join campaigns and get rewards as bonuses, not as their main purpose to be here.

Good luck and rank up with continuous, high qualities, constructive threads.
Well definitely its nice to know that you already contributing to the improvement of the forum and not just here for the seek of money. This bitcoin forum is one of the major source of knowledge so its better if the post that we read are all quality and worth to spend time to read. So that , many of us will learn and shared our thoughts.
lvt88

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:25:45 AM

Merits are not given out because most posts are crap. I ran a plagiarism check on one post by a newbie, and this is what I got.

http://cryptobounty.com/posting-images/plagiarism1.jpg

What is this, sir? Is it a software for checking plagiarism?
UsernameBitcoin

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:33:39 AM

3) You may be right about members giving merits to posts they agree with. Admin stated that members should not do this but I think the system is new and we should give it some time before members get used to it. Also, do not forget that there are merit sources who are expected to be more responsible with sending merits.

You cannot change human behavior. People will give merits to opinion that they agree with.

This system will to an extent disadvantage unpopular opinions because those opinions will get less merit but it is also possible that some people give merits based on quality of the post and not just the opinion.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
katinko

Activity: 196
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:01:30 AM

For me we do not need to look in complicated way this merit system instead we need to inspire ourself to be more productive and create more helpful post to help many member who have few knowledge in crypto currency.
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 6758

Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:29:05 AM
Merited by Foxpup (1)

I can't speak for anyone else here, but I gave all my merit away--I have 1 sMerit left, and I just got that from someone. 

There are way too many members and too many posts, and most of them are just plain shitty, and merit is indeed scarce.  Most users on this forum who post in the main section can't speak English, and thus it doesn't matter whether they're on-topic and write 1000 character posts--they're not getting merit from me.  Most of the people I'm seeing complaining about this whole thing are the ones who can't write coherent sentences.  That leads me to believe that they probably can't read (and most likely wouldn't anyway), and that their ability to judge what is or isn't a quality post is seriously impaired. 

In most cases, I'd say that these shitposters wouldn't recognize a good post if it showed up in a bikini and swallowed their nuts whole.  So their bitching is baseless and useless.  I've added so many users to my ignore list in the past week, it'd ridiculous.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
StayFly

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:35:59 AM
Merited by cybersofts (10)

The way I see it most guys come to this forum to learn about bitcoin without capital to invest in cryptocurrency and some how the signature campaigns are helping them make some bucks to make their investments. Now, the merit system is going to slow down their ranking speed and that is what is driving all this buzz. You guys should be grateful, it's a development to weed-out spammers and soon everyone will adopt the new system.
GabrielPontello

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:39:09 PM

But someone who can't write proper sentences in English won't write anything interesting because 1) the sentence structure will be broken, and 2) they won't have vocabulary sufficient to create an interesting post.  I have seen this hundreds, nay thousands(!) of times.  And in addition, they're usually too lazy to put any effort into what they're doing.  I agree with your sentiment, but I think it'll take some time before the shitposters get discouraged and give up.  But I'm patient.

They don't even make the effort to get the title of their threads readable. And when they are readable it can be even worse.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. "Bitcoin to the moon" off the shoulder of Orion. I watched "Could bitcoin reach 100.000$ ?" glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those threads will be lost in entropy, like tears in rain. Time for merit.
lukyanli

Activity: 40
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:34:55 PM

They don't even make the effort to get the title of their threads readable. And when they are readable it can be even worse.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. "Bitcoin to the moon" off the shoulder of Orion. I watched "Could bitcoin reach 100.000$ ?" glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those threads will be lost in entropy, like tears in rain. Time for merit.

These posts may sound funny to experienced investors or people active on internet for long time. Most of the times, these posts are made by new members who just heard about bitcoins from somewhere and have no idea about how to invest money in bitcoins. They make threads like "Can I sell my house for bitcoins ?" which is impractical and laughable. These people are not a big concern for the forum as with time they get matured and stop making such posts. Merit system was introduced to fight against people intentionally posting spam here repeatedly.
mtmonte
Copper Member

Activity: 71
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 07:19:16 PM

The idea of having a merit system is definitely good - I believe it greatly reduces posting for the sake of ranking.  As a new member, however, it does make it VERY difficult to rank up.. although being a Jr. Member forever isn't the end of the world  Wink.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: