Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:35:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ggdice.com - 0.8% edge - truly fast betting with custom server-side strategies  (Read 3892 times)
knowitnothing (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 09:28:50 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2013, 02:26:10 AM by knowitnothing

Hello everyone,

Recently I've been working on https://ggdice.com and now I would like to invite you all to visit it. It is still in alpha, but since I won't be modifying it (too much) in the next weeks, I thought now would be a good opportunity to announce it. Suggestions, critics and questions are all welcome. A current, and not so short, description of the site follows:

GGDICE

GGDICE is a place where you can do provably fair dice rolls with your favourite crypto currency in varied rooms. The system is composed of several rooms, where each one of them uses a single coin and has its own settings like room edge and bet risk (for the investor**). For the moment there are three rooms (all owned by the house and all with the same game type):

• The default room where new users start at with 1000 FakeCoins and play at 1% edge
  • The Litecoin room with a 0.8% edge which currently supports bets giving a maximum profit of about 1 LTC
  • The Bitcoin room with a 0.8% edge and current max profit of about 0.03 BTC.

Deposit your coins and play!

There is support for executing strategies in the server, limited to 10 thousand rolls per strategy with a throughput of about 300 rolls per second given the current server. More details about this can be seen in the site by visiting the "Strategy" section found in the menu at right. The profit plot will show a single point for a given strategy, which regards the profit generated by its complete execution.

Your bets can be downloaded at any given point, and the download link can be shared with others till it expires. There are some hidden features which can be accessed by typing "/help" in the chat, as well some shortcuts that are not described anywhere: "B" toggles the bet panel, "M" toggles the right menu, "T" switches between the strategy page and the main page, "F1" (funny suggestion by someone) sets the bet according to the maximum profit for the room.

The login method follows the more or less traditional method of automatically creating a new account when you first visit the site. If you lose the received cookie, you can no longer access the account.
To avoid this problem you can either setup a username/password pair or use OneID. The former is not recoverable; the later is much safer for everyone involved, simpler to use, and you can configure it yourself whether you want 2FA or not.

Other details:

• The layout looks like a mobile thing because I started the site with focus on mobile
  • The live bets are always slightly delayed, so if you are betting and want to see your own bets without delay, switch away from it
  • Talking too fast in the chat will get you a temporary ban of a few minutes. If you want to spam the chat, wait a little bit before talking again Smiley If someone is interested in moderating it, enter in contact
  • There is a basic bot for reference at https://bitbucket.org/knowitnothing/ggdice_client/src/

If you want more details, just ask. Lastly, there is a chance that parts of the server-side code will be open sourced. This chance increases if I notice I cannot support user issues, which right now I cannot. Thanks for reading, enjoy the site.

** Investments are not open to the public at this point.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IdealDarkness

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 01:14:17 PM

Very fast, indeed. Looks cool, nice and clear design. Wink
vlees

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 01:16:12 PM

Site looks great. Betting really is insanely fast!

BEEP BEP
knowitnothing (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 10:13:00 PM

Hello again, thanks for the replies and the visitors.

One or two players wanted to play with actual bitcoins, so today I setup a room that accepts them! To avoid confusion, I removed the bitcoin testnet room. If you setup your account with OneID and enable 2FA, you can use a /faucet command in the chat.

For now, there are 2 bitcoins up for grabs. Max profit: 0.0315, edge: 2%.

If you make a deposit, you can confirm that the site has seen it by visiting https://ggdice.com/transactions/btc/pending (the return only refers to your account and is based on the current cookie set).

Feel free to ask any questions, thanks.
GigaDice

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 10:23:55 PM

Very nice site, love the speed and simplicity.
knowitnothing (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 01:31:16 AM

Hello again,

I'm now experimenting with a game very similar to apopheniabtc, for those times when you get bored of dice. Here is what you will get by typing "/game" in the chat at https://ggdice.com.

The game has 5 stages, the images get progressively easier (but not necessarily easy) to guess. The relevant details are described inside the game (by clicking on that button at top right). You can download the game data at any point, and after the game ends you will be able to decrypt it.

Attention: Each stage lasts 1 hour.

Thanks again for the visits and for the feedback.
knowitnothing (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 02:17:39 AM

The faucet is now giving a max of 0.00008888 BTC (withdraw starts at  0.00016000 BTC).
knowitnothing (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 02:32:18 AM

New guessing game going on:

The faucet is still active.
twobitlolz

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:49:59 AM

well, i placed four bets with some FC and was thereafter IP banned for "moving too fast"

Huh
knowitnothing (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:58:55 AM

well, i placed four bets with some FC and was thereafter IP banned for "moving too fast"

Huh

Are you user #530 ? From what I see you weren't banned due to placing bets, but due to an action that was performed "too fast" after doing a bet (joining a room in that case). These 'moving too fast' bans last only some minutes, you are no longer banned for that.

If you are not user #530, can you tell me your id ?

Sorry for the trouble.
twobitlolz

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 06:20:09 AM

#530 is me. it's no worry; that was just a strange first impression of the site Cheesy
knowitnothing (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:46:52 PM

Hello again,

ggdice is now accepting Litecoins, it is starting small like the Bitcoin room. Max profit when playing with Litecoin is starting at 1.005 LTC.

Let me know if you have any doubts or issues.
knowitnothing (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 12:44:05 AM

#530 is me. it's no worry; that was just a strange first impression of the site Cheesy

That is just me being a bit too paranoid. I've seen another user getting banned some moments ago too (the ban lasted less than 3 minutes).

Right now it should be harder to get banned while being a legitimate user (but it could still happen), I've tweaked the conditions to cause the short bans.
knowitnothing (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 02:42:15 PM

The BTC and LTC rooms are enjoying a 0.8% edge from now on.
knowitnothing (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 03:43:49 PM

Today the BTC room hit some two relatively rare streaks: 21 wins a row, and 21 losses in a row. Both at win chance of 49.5% with 2.00404040x payout:

max wins in a row: 21 at strategy 7465 (https://ggdice.com/strategy/7465), ending at roll #1496
max losses in a row: 21 at strategy 7510 (https://ggdice.com/strategy/7510), ending at roll #9898

The site is still working Smiley But with a slightly lower max profit as people have been using strategies that very rarely lose at these levels.
KingOfSports

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:10:47 PM

Would you consider selling your site?

knowitnothing (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:27:20 PM

Would you consider selling your site?

For a very high and absurd value, yes. Why not ?

I can keep it running just fine, I don't have issues in paying for the servers even though I'm only losing money so far. So I don't actually have any reason to sell it. Thanks for considering buying it anyway, regards.
knowitnothing (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 03:29:56 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2013, 05:26:47 AM by knowitnothing

Hello,

Since the initial post I've been quite busy and only recently I started dedicating some time to ggdice again. For those interested where this is heading to: I'm talking with some hosting companies to decide on a good place (possibly outside USA, and also outside a USA company) to host this; The investment feature will be added after the hosting is resolved, in the meantime I'm considering my options regarding how I can make this a safer investment for those interested in increasing the bankroll and sharing the expected profits.

A couple of features have been suggested, like fully customized strategies, an easier user interface for betting, and others. Most of them are being considered and will be done, thanks for suggesting them through the chat and also by email.

Recently the BTC room recovered from its negative profit and is now ~0.25BTC up, the max profit is still low but everyone is welcome to deposit some bitcents and become a whale considering the max profit. So far the site received about 44 million bets in total, ~15000 strategies, and it looks like a rare thing to find Litecoin players. Another cool info: user 621 managed to hit a 24 win streak at strategy 8723 (ending at roll #7825). There might be some other info I'm forgetting now, but all in all, thanks for visiting the site and playing there.

Ah, yes, now the coolest domain dice.gg can be used to access ggdice too.
knowitnothing (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 05:35:36 PM

In about one hour from now, at 18:30 UTC, I will shutdown the server that answers to ggdice.com and dice.gg in order to better serve the people playing there. This will take from 1 to 2 hours if everything goes ok (I expect to be the case), and you won't be able to access the site at all during this period.

There is no other way to do this due to how the current hosting company operates, the server simply needs more storage to continue properly storing the data. It is taking longer than I expected to move to another company, and hopefully when the site moves there such issue will no longer happen.

For those that might be interested in how the investment option is going to work, you can visit ggdice.com and type /invest in the chat. Then click at the top right icon where it describes the model that will be used. If there are any doubts, contact me directly in the chat over there, right here at bitcointalk or through email.

See you Smiley
knowitnothing (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 07:23:47 PM

And it is back  Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: