Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:17:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merits from your friends?  (Read 872 times)
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:15:15 AM

Lol theymos should start selling loot boxes with random merit points inside for Bitcoin so noobs could level up their accounts faster and reach that  “sense of pride and accomplishment” everyone at EA talks about  Grin This is actually a brilliant idea and theymos will rack up the big bucks in no time!  Cheesy
Earn a few big bucks and then lose a lot more than it as people start to boycott this forum like people did with EA and SW:BF2. But you know, mostly the people bitching about merits are signature spammers and we'll they wouldn't have enough money to buy the loot boxes in the first place.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:30:35 AM

Lol theymos should start selling loot boxes with random merit points inside for Bitcoin so noobs could level up their accounts faster and reach that  “sense of pride and accomplishment” everyone at EA talks about  Grin This is actually a brilliant idea and theymos will rack up the big bucks in no time!  Cheesy
Earn a few big bucks and then lose a lot more than it as people start to boycott this forum like people did with EA and SW:BF2. But you know, mostly the people bitching about merits are signature spammers and we'll they wouldn't have enough money to buy the loot boxes in the first place.

It was a joke bud chill out  Grin People have jobs outside of this forum anyways lol.
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:45:57 AM

It was a joke bud chill out  Grin People have jobs outside of this forum anyways lol.
I also meant it as a joke  Cheesy not like theymos will ever implement such an absurd thing.
secondgarlic

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:43:19 PM

Merits will never have a value
My signature campaign already announced to require all participants to have earned at least 10 Merits four weeks from now. That gives a (large) monetary value to Merit.

Isn't this propagating the problem? Merits start having a monetary value and there are only a number of merit sources who (except goodwill) are not obliged at all to give you merit. I find the idea behind merits perfectly OK, it is the execution that is flawed.

Some tweaking is definitely needed in order to make sure that merit does not become the very problem it intended to solve.

tbct_mt2

Activity: 2324
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 02:45:04 PM

is this legal share merits with your friends? and some one is begging for it? or else give merits and trade for something?

Of course, you can buy/sell/exchange merits (acutally sMerits) with others. However, I don't recommend you to do that, it violates the forum's rules. Your account will under radar of admin and moderators, under extremely high risks of banning, might be permanent one. Don't do that, please.

Otherwise, you should only focus on qualities of your posts, increasing them a little bit daily, which in turn raise the probability to receive merits from others for your posts.
Adioliver

Activity: 266
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:59:53 PM

is this legal share merits with your friends? and some one is begging for it? or else give merits and trade for something?
I don't think giving merits to your friends is something illegal unless and until you merit your friend's shitposts.If you want to merit your friend's post then merit some good quality posts of your friend.
If someone is begging for it then you should ignore such people.And we should totally avoid trading of merits and never even think of encouraging this.Merit system is really efficient and we should respect it by using it in the right way.
ZenRoy

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:03:21 PM

Just the same as Smerits can be abused by high ranking members, friends can also take advantage of this which are the 2 big flaws I see in this new system.. Why don't we just stick to forum mods deleting nonsense posts or hiring more mods to make sure everything is clean rather than give it to the hand of members who might just abuse the system?
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 05:22:00 PM

After decaying unused sMerits in the future, it would be interesting if all accounts lose 1 Merit each Activity period. That would mean a Legendary shitposter suddenly turns into a Hero Member with 999 Merit.

I think that would be too much loss. Even if all the Legendary members posted extremely high quality posts, many of them would still drop in ranking. It would apply to every rank.

Merits will never have a value
My signature campaign already announced to require all participants to have earned at least 10 Merits four weeks from now. That gives a (large) monetary value to Merit. Update: this won't be required yet.

Some of yahoo's campaigns are starting to drop the payment for those without merit, and I anticipate more campaigns doing something requiring merit soon.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
katinko

Activity: 196
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:16:10 AM

My signature campaign already announced to require all participants to have earned at least 10 Merits four weeks from now. That gives a (large) monetary value to Merit. Update: this won't be required yet.

Some of yahoo's campaigns are starting to drop the payment for those without merit, and I anticipate more campaigns doing something requiring merit soon.

Much better to give importance this merit in signature campaign to make participants pursue to post good quality to be qualify in the higher tier of payment. also this is the main purpose of the merit system to avoid shit posting and the account will not subject to rank up if they do not gain merit points.
otrkid70

Activity: 920
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:28:01 AM

Nope! That would be blatent abuse.
cmmhbct

Activity: 97
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:59:24 AM

Of course, you can buy/sell/exchange merits (acutally sMerits) with others. However, I don't recommend you to do that, it violates the forum's rules. Your account will under radar of admin and moderators, under extremely high risks of banning, might be permanent one. Don't do that, please.

Otherwise, you should only focus on qualities of your posts, increasing them a little bit daily, which in turn raise the probability to receive merits from others for your posts.

Since the launch of merit system, users should and have to give their priorities on quality first, rather than quantity. The merit system help each member in the forum to be a better one daily, even with farming accounts or spammers. They have to brainstorm in order to have better way to adapt, if not, they can not survive in the forum with new ranking sytem, right? That might be better for all.
futurecapitano

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:08:44 AM

Just the same as Smerits can be abused by high ranking members, friends can also take advantage of this which are the 2 big flaws I see in this new system.. Why don't we just stick to forum mods deleting nonsense posts or hiring more mods to make sure everything is clean rather than give it to the hand of members who might just abuse the system?
How about something like this one? I have created a topic on Merit Measurement Scale, let's see and discuss.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2841364.0
Theo222

Activity: 449
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:42:47 AM

i think it will be legal becuase the decision is on your side if you see their post are so good you can send them merits but if you send them and you see that they got shitpost i think it will be illegal.
appleyard (OP)

Activity: 359
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:32:46 AM

So to be able to get merits from your friend you should create a good and quality post and link it to you friends to be able for them to merit it. then this is obviously one of the way to abuse the merits. i already read some of the topics from telegram about this so it happening right now. 

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Chingchangfu

Activity: 77
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:24:40 PM

Trading merits for 'something' is against rules and will get you into trouble. Friends giving you merit or you giving merits to friends is alright, you can give merit to anyone as much as you want even if the post is completely shit, no one is going to stop you or take action against you. Although if you are taking merits from your alts that will get you into trouble.

How would you know if they are using alts to boost their merits?
What if the account that gave you merit is from your friend?
Then what would happen to both of your accounts I am just curious about it.

https://flogmall.com/
⚫ INTERNATIONAL E-COMMERCE SITE ⚫   
⚫ FOR USERS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD ⚫

Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:34:18 PM

If the whole idea is to reward quality posing users, and slow spam down. Then farming for it, or giving it to someone just because they are your friend should be against the rules, however would be hard to prove. So it is likely just unethical.
Technically so, but if the case is only one and the post which got Merit is done well. i think this time there will not be any questions to those person who gave a merit to a friend. Am I wrong? I see that many of quality posts do not get even one Merit and here on the board we have a lot of examples when Merit was given to one line posts and something simple.
MainIbem

Activity: 1344
Merit: 386

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:58:47 AM

Why must people think of circumventing rules?

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Tambu

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 08:10:01 AM

If the whole idea is to reward quality posing users, and slow spam down. Then farming for it, or giving it to someone just because they are your friend should be against the rules, however would be hard to prove. So it is likely just unethical.

Trading merits to your friends is not against the rule.
I haven't read it here  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0
As long the post of your friend is qualified to a quality post, giving merits is not an issue.

MONARCH  |  THE COMPLETE CRYPTO SOLUTION  |  Private Sale is LIVE!
▬▬  "Be your own KING"  |  PRE-SALE: JUNE 15, 2018  ▬▬▬▬▬
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:51:24 PM

I don't think giving merits to your friends is something illegal unless and until you merit your friend's shitposts.If you want to merit your friend's post then merit some good quality posts of your friend.
If someone is begging for it then you should ignore such people.And we should totally avoid trading of merits and never even think of encouraging this.Merit system is really efficient and we should respect it by using it in the right way.

What Adioliver said is on point. If your friend is without a doubt someone who is informative and helpful to this forum then there is no reason why you shouldn't give him recognition for being a responsible member of this forum. I think that there are boundaries to everything, so when you're just helping out a friend to rank up but doesn't come through with constructive posts, then you yourself is the one who is misusing and abusing the system. Illegal, maybe not for now, but it is your responsibility to award the merit to people who are deserving for in the end what you'll do will reflect on you and your genuine intentions.
appalosail

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:59:00 PM

i think there is no problem as long as they made a real genuine high quality posts. this answer is just same for "it's ok" if someone earn money for working with signature campaign as long as they post the good things and never doing spam for that. it shouldn't be any problem with that.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: