Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:14:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: is trezor safe for extremly high values? and can make multiple transaction?  (Read 150 times)
mustangy (OP)

Activity: 330
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:24:05 AM

Trezor is safe i know but still is it good to handle about 500 transactions in batch.
How to connect an api system and confirm transactions one by one and sent in a batch.
Can i make a different password for api and limit the api withdraw?  so coders can get away with an hefty btc lol.

always have antminers and psu for sale please dm

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:37:58 PM

Trezor is safe i know but still is it good to handle about 500 transactions in batch.
How to connect an api system and confirm transactions one by one and sent in a batch.
Can i make a different password for api and limit the api withdraw?  so coders can get away with an hefty btc lol.

I wouldn't trust Trezor to be honest. Do you trust their RNG? do you trust the internals enough to know that it will be isolated when you connect it to a computer?

Why not get a linux laptop, libreboot it, and put an offline wallet there, then craft the raw transactions, convert them in a QR code, and then pass this QR code into an online computer to broadcast it? This is I think the best way to go for serious cold storage that I know of.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:03:02 PM

I wouldn't trust Trezor to be honest. Do you trust their RNG? do you trust the internals enough to know that it will be isolated when you connect it to a computer?

Why not get a linux laptop, libreboot it, and put an offline wallet there, then craft the raw transactions, convert them in a QR code, and then pass this QR code into an online computer to broadcast it? This is I think the best way to go for serious cold storage that I know of.

There's something a bit off about the idea of a 500x transaction, whether one with 500 ins or outs or 500 separate transactions, done from any cold storage platform.

Or am I wrong on this? Seems like it is based on how you define cold storage, but I am curious as to opinions on the matter.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: