Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:37:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Curious about a possible ASIC setup I could use?  (Read 724 times)
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 04:42:52 PM

Since I got out of BTC mining several months back (as I was mining LTC,converting them to BTC as I got more this way,then sold them off for GBP) as my GPU isn't profitable.I've seen a lot of threads concerning ASIC miners.Question is have much cheaper options come onto the market now that are viable miners or are these cheaper options a waste of money and time.

If I was to buy a dedicated netbook (buy used for like £80 to have a low cost windows computer to plugin,setup and run the ASICs as BTC world still ignores mac users for drivers/client software that's readily availble/easy to use) and find some ASICs to pair with that netbook,what ASIC options can you recommend me?

The budget for the setup will be around £300 at least to begin with.
I've heard a bit about those USB block erupters but am unsure what kind of hash power they give vs energy use or is there a used ASIC that's packs more power? Tips would be appreciated.Thanks Smiley

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitbryan

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 09:41:25 PM

Since I got out of BTC mining several months back (as I was mining LTC,converting them to BTC as I got more this way,then sold them off for GBP) as my GPU isn't profitable.I've seen a lot of threads concerning ASIC miners.Question is have much cheaper options come onto the market now that are viable miners or are these cheaper options a waste of money and time.

If I was to buy a dedicated netbook (buy used for like £80 to have a low cost windows computer to plugin,setup and run the ASICs as BTC world still ignores mac users for drivers/client software that's readily availble/easy to use) and find some ASICs to pair with that netbook,what ASIC options can you recommend me?

The budget for the setup will be around £300 at least to begin with.
I've heard a bit about those USB block erupters but am unsure what kind of hash power they give vs energy use or is there a used ASIC that's packs more power? Tips would be appreciated.Thanks Smiley

the mac users arent ignored just overshadowed for the inferior machines that they are. but start with block erupter USB and move to blades i dont personally ever see BFL ever catching up with orders so it will always be a pre-order technically. and by the time you order one and recieve it you will be too far behind the diff. so go with whats redilly availiable... friedcats ASICMINER's are amazing pieces of hardware and they are VERY affordable... worth it! if you get in nOW!

"Life is a waterfall, we drink from the river then turn around and put up our walls"
bitbryan

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 09:42:14 PM

good luck! Grin

"Life is a waterfall, we drink from the river then turn around and put up our walls"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: