Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:38:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will lightning network succeed?  (Read 163 times)
streetlight (OP)

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:45:05 PM

Lightning network has started being used by some people. How is it working right now? Will it succeed?
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:51:02 PM

Apparently for now, there are still some few bugs according to those who have used it, but that is the essence of the usage as that would strengthen it the more for premium usage. I believe it will succeed, not without some challenges, but nothing to worry about except it is at user's risk presently.

However, at least we are a step ahead and not where we used to be before. After all, isn't the success something to look forward to? Hopefully this becomes an end to the scaling issue.
streetlight (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:32:00 PM

Apparently for now, there are still some few bugs according to those who have used it, but that is the essence of the usage as that would strengthen it the more for premium usage. I believe it will succeed, not without some challenges, but nothing to worry about except it is at user's risk presently.

However, at least we are a step ahead and not where we used to be before. After all, isn't the success something to look forward to? Hopefully this becomes an end to the scaling issue.

What bugs are there right now?
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:49:57 PM

Lightning network has started being used by some people. How is it working right now? Will it succeed?

there are now hundreds of nodes on the main net. there are multiple vendors (like bitrefill, torguard, the blockstream store) who are accepting lightning payments. so it’s definitely coming along.

but in general, it’s still in a testing phase. developers are suggesting caution and that people only commit small amounts to channels as wallet devs build for edge cases. even devs are still losing money in channels right now, so i wouldn’t commit anything you’re not ready to lose. hopefully in a few months, it’ll be ready for regular end users.

given how excited bitcoin and lightning developers are, and how much time they’re putting in, i’m sure it will be successful. it’s just a matter of time.

xfaqs01

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:54:23 PM

yup they have found bugs in it, unlike in litecoin the lightning network upgrade went fine, but im pretty sure itll be fix sooner or later, right now only few wallet providers are adopting it but once itll be fix everyone will follow, that being said the btc price will go to the moon again Cheesy

Want to learn TA? head on to
https://www.facebook.com/BTCSignals
ganlianshifu1

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:21:54 AM

I think lightning network is very likely to succeed!

It is an indispensable supplement in the system of small transactions and high-frequency concurrent transactions. Lightning network micropayment space will also become larger and larger. In addition to solving the extensibility, the lightning network can also solve the privacy problem, after all, not everyone's transaction is suitable to be exposed in the main chain. That's one of the good things about it.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:32:12 AM

Well I was warning people that Lightning was not Bob and Alice banking and looking at this
network diagram you can see that I was right all along.
https://lnmainnet.gaben.win/

Please digest what you can from official white paper and search for the word "Fee" or "Spending account" and
"Savings account" if you're being lazy.

Here better still watch the movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYHFrf5ci_g

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:35:38 AM

It is an indispensable supplement in the system of small transactions and high-frequency concurrent transactions. Lightning network micropayment space will also become larger and larger. In addition to solving the extensibility, the lightning network can also solve the privacy problem, after all, not everyone's transaction is suitable to be exposed in the main chain. That's one of the good things about it.

Are you sure your not being paid to say this ?

I look at the advert in your footer and it mentions block-chain and Lightning is "off-block" using a system of private ledgers
and banking hubs so looks like you want to have your cake and eat it.

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Iridian

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:37:15 AM

I really hope it does, if it can't then Bitcoin's future seems limited
zoran.drobnjak

Activity: 88
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:53:30 AM

There is no doubt about it.
Because any stage in the evolution of Bitcoin is destined to take place sooner or later.

There are always going to be bumps on the road and some mishaps on the way but final positive outcome is inevitable.
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:14:19 AM

yes, the network of lightning always makes the price and the value become better, I see the use of lightning network now will only make survive, not up. so I think we should stay patient and wait till the bitcoin price is high again, I see it will be high in July 2018.
streetlight (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:35:12 AM

Are you sure your not being paid to say this ?

I look at the advert in your footer and it mentions block-chain and Lightning is "off-block" using a system of private ledgers
and banking hubs so looks like you want to have your cake and eat it.

Wepower is a completely different coin not Bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: