Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:03:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is the best option: BTC/USD or BTC/Altcoin  (Read 190 times)
Gabz999

Activity: 266
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:53:35 AM

Then I will just hold it until the price goes up again and make my profit. I don't usually do stop-loss on my trade. If the coin is a shit coin and also not a good project maybe I can use that method. I only choose to trade coins on the top 10-20 coins listed on coinmarketcap.

I also think that way, but I will give an example that happened to me, I bought siacoin last year and the price of siacoin was 311 satoshi with the high increase that bitcoin had the price of siacoin fell to 60 satoshi in that case you would continue holding or would you sell at a loss? this is my point, you do not have a "backup" for these situations as something like reserve bitcoins for cases of losses like this that you would buy in the 60 satoshi and would sell when the price increased and you would minimize the losses.

Then if that's the case I would use the method that what we do about the drop to minimize the loss. There's a method they call that Sell Low then Buy Lower. In that kind of method you can say that I'm loss in the trade but to buy more lower will gain some profit not so big but at least I minimize my loss.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: