Bitcoin Forum
August 29, 2024, 01:15:48 AM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sprouting Bitbean is 10X more profitable than mining  (Read 20067 times)
IMKIRANN

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:43:17 AM

Good Day

I am planning to do sprouting with 350K beans. If I do the staking for about 12 hours and then if the internet disconnects for 5 seconds and then resume again, will it effect my rewards? Please help me as my internet tends to disconnect for about 3 to 5 seconds quite frequently.

I believe while staking, the staking should be uninterrupted for best rewards but not sure if 5 seconds of disconnection will effect my rewards. Kindly advice.
plasmodesmata (OP)

Activity: 403
Merit: 109

my Beans can beat your Beans in a fight

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:49:31 PM

Good Day

I am planning to do sprouting with 350K beans. If I do the staking for about 12 hours and then if the internet disconnects for 5 seconds and then resume again, will it effect my rewards? Please help me as my internet tends to disconnect for about 3 to 5 seconds quite frequently.

I believe while staking, the staking should be uninterrupted for best rewards but not sure if 5 seconds of disconnection will effect my rewards. Kindly advice.

If you get disconnected during an actual sprouting event it would probably lead to an orphan block. You'd literally be racing against the clock towards the  110 confirmations needed to complete the block..
cryptbro

Activity: 82

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:41:55 PM

man people still beanin? i want in im bored this dip sucks
IMKIRANN

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:32:23 AM

Good Day

If you get disconnected during an actual sprouting event it would probably lead to an orphan block. You'd literally be racing against the clock towards the  110 confirmations needed to complete the block..

I lost one sprout yesterday, Can you please tell me the importance of number of "connections" in Bean Cash network. what is the minimum number of  "connections" required? I have seen people having 10 connections, 16, 30 and 66 connections. Which is good minimum number of connections required for promising rewards? I have 7 "connections" in my Bean Cash network. Can I sprout with even a single "connections" ? Sorry if my questions are silly but I really need to know about this.
plasmodesmata (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:07:56 PM

Good Day

I lost one sprout yesterday, Can you please tell me the importance of number of "connections" in Bean Cash network. what is the minimum number of  "connections" required? I have seen people having 10 connections, 16, 30 and 66 connections. Which is good minimum number of connections required for promising rewards? I have 7 "connections" in my Bean Cash network. Can I sprout with even a single "connections" ? Sorry if my questions are silly but I really need to know about this.

The connections represent how connected you are to the network. The target block time is one minute, so if you solve a block with your 7 connections and someone else solves one at the same time with 60 connections it will be unlikely that you will win that block. you can join our telegram to get more information in a timely manner. https://web.telegram.org/#/im?p=@beancash
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:48:13 PM

Is this bean sprouting kumbaya not just another fancy way to describe masternodes?
Sounds awfully like that to me.
IMKIRANN

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:43:21 AM

Good Day

The connections represent how connected you are to the network. The target block time is one minute, so if you solve a block with your 7 connections and someone else solves one at the same time with 60 connections it will be unlikely that you will win that block. you can join our telegram to get more information in a timely manner. https://web.telegram.org/#/im?p=@beancash

Joined telegram group. Thank you for the information.
IMKIRANN

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:47:28 AM

Good Day

Hi there, I have recently learnt about re-blocking of my beans. I have my 346k beans into small stacks. Then when I checked the block explorer of bean cash, I found that my overall balance of the wallet has gone down to 150k apprx, though full balance of 346k is there in my wallet. If I have to restore my wallet using DAT file in a new laptop, will I get my full bean balance of 346k?
plasmodesmata (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:25:31 PM

Good Day

Hi there, I have recently learnt about re-blocking of my beans. I have my 346k beans into small stacks. Then when I checked the block explorer of bean cash, I found that my overall balance of the wallet has gone down to 150k apprx, though full balance of 346k is there in my wallet. If I have to restore my wallet using DAT file in a new laptop, will I get my full bean balance of 346k?

you need to check wallet and repair wallet
IMKIRANN

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:25:59 PM

Good Day

you need to check wallet and repair wallet
I took  new dat file back up and kept. What happens if I repair my wallet? Do i really need to repair my wallet? As what I found when I re-stack my beans into new sets of 20k, New wallet addresses are created and so if in case u have to restore your wallet, the new addresses created won't be retrieved. So u have to take a new DAT file for back up every time you create new wallet addresses for re-stacking. Please let me know if I missed something.
Max Likelihood

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:23:55 PM

I have been following this bean thread with some interest. But is it even worth starting with a very small amount of beans?
plasmodesmata (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:51:45 AM

watch this and learn the lesson:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYChlzNUAYw
plasmodesmata (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:57:05 AM

I have been following this bean thread with some interest. But is it even worth starting with a very small amount of beans?

http://sproutingcalculator.com/
plasmodesmata (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:02:39 PM

I think there are some folks on the mattermost channel that have done this:

https://live.beancash.org/teambean/channels/town-square
dragonmike

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:36:38 AM

Is there a way to increase the number of wallet connections to the network? I'm connected (and synced) since last night with 16 connections. I assume the more connections, the more chances of sprouting...?
Merlig

Activity: 143
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:59:08 AM

Is there a way to increase the number of wallet connections to the network? I'm connected (and synced) since last night with 16 connections. I assume the more connections, the more chances of sprouting...?

read https://beancash.guru/ point 5
more connections give not more chances of sprouting
only less orphan blocks
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 184

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:03:34 AM

I used to max out at 16 connections, but after rebooting the laptop I run my wallets on a couple days ago I've been stuck at just 2 connections so I'm curious about this as well.

My understanding is that sprouting is like mining in a sense, and the number of connections is roughly equivalent to the inverse of ping time, so more connections means less chance of a sprout being marked stale or orphaned. So number of connections has an indirect effect on the chances of receiving a block from sprouting.
dragonmike

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:13:19 AM

I actually bought just over 1 million beans yesterday and transferred them all in one go from the exchange into my wallet. Would it make sense to re-block (i.e. sending these coins to myself in a few separate transactions, if I understand correctly)?
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 184

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:23:38 AM

I actually bought just over 1 million beans yesterday and transferred them all in one go from the exchange into my wallet. Would it make sense to re-block (i.e. sending these coins to myself in a few separate transactions, if I understand correctly)?

I just checked out the site given above - beancash.guru - and it has some good explanations on it. See #11 and #12 specifically, but yes, turning on coin control and sending the balance to the same address in multiple transactions will smooth out the sprouting times.
dragonmike

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:27:27 AM

I just checked out the site given above - beancash.guru - and it has some good explanations on it. See #11 and #12 specifically, but yes, turning on coin control and sending the balance to the same address in multiple transactions will smooth out the sprouting times.
Yep, thanks, just did too. Makes sense I guess. Hah, I'm already starting to enjoy that sprouting business!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: