Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:19:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make money from staking?  (Read 1898 times)
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:26:06 PM

It's called proof of Stake, you can earn passive income by staking your coin in your wallet. I think it's a really great idea because it doesn't use as much electricity as proof of Work. There are a few coins that are going to switch from Proof of Work to Proof of Stake in the near future for exemple Ethereum and Syscoin.

Proof of Work to Proof of Stake i dont know about proof of work? elaborate?

Ever heard of mining?  You provide hash power to process transactions for the coin and in return, you get paid with a coin/token.
Mining is basic of crypto currencies...  
THAT is  proof of work.
And what about PROOF OF STAKE

One general explanation here:

https://steemit.com/life/@cryptochindian/proof-of-work-vs-proof-of-stake-explained

More specific explanations here:

https://www.bitcoinplus.org/blog/proof-stake-explained

https://www.ethnews.com/proof-of-work-vs-proof-of-stake-explained

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:27:39 PM

You can try to mine or buy some HODLcoin. You don't need to have your wallet open, but the coin can be lock for a certain amount of time before you get back the coin. You are going to get some interest. But there may be a minimum amount of fund to lock. Also, there is DigitalNote, but the interest is very low. Only 1% per year.
QTUM can also be staked, but it is now expensive and you need a lot of QTUM to be able to get some staking reward, else you are going to have to wait a lot. Also you should not be disconnected. So i suppose you should have a fixed IP address, else the staking may restart to zero.
stronghands4lyfe

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 02:26:10 AM

You can try to mine or buy some HODLcoin. You don't need to have your wallet open, but the coin can be lock for a certain amount of time before you get back the coin. You are going to get some interest. But there may be a minimum amount of fund to lock. Also, there is DigitalNote, but the interest is very low. Only 1% per year.
QTUM can also be staked, but it is now expensive and you need a lot of QTUM to be able to get some staking reward, else you are going to have to wait a lot. Also you should not be disconnected. So i suppose you should have a fixed IP address, else the staking may restart to zero.
There are many better staking coins out there than HODLcoin and DigitalNote. If you want to take a look at masternodes you can visit https://masternodes.pro/ if you want a pure POS coin there are some out there on the market. A few that come to mind include Elite, DeepOnion, and Equitrader.

Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1616

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 02:33:56 AM

KMD is arguably the most well known PoS coin right now, and you don't even need to run your computer or anything, just leave some KMD on your Komodo wallet, and you will observe steady returns.

dvabit (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:26:22 AM

There are many better staking coins out there than HODLcoin and DigitalNote. If you want to take a look at masternodes you can visit https://masternodes.pro/ if you want a pure POS coin there are some out there on the market. A few that come to mind include Elite, DeepOnion, and Equitrader.

Deeponion transactions are private and sent through the TOR network?
dvabit (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:31:44 PM

KMD is arguably the most well known PoS coin right now, and you don't even need to run your computer or anything, just leave some KMD on your Komodo wallet, and you will observe steady returns.
Eventually komodos ecosystem will mature much like ethereum it'll be a major base pair. I'm quite sure that we'll reach higher because the system can scale. Parallel chains.
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:44:02 PM

There is no doubt staking is one of the way one can make decent income from the space but it is getting difficlut to make profit doing so recently, those staking tokens most of them have dumped significantly and the high cap ones, one would have to wait for long time to get something in return
oli123

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:43:29 PM

POS (Proof-of-Stake) coins is a good way to get coins without mining hardware. Of course you have to have some coins in your wallet and the reward depends on the weight of the net and the amount of your coins.
There are so many coins to choose from. I recently had JLG coins in the POS phase, but I sold them.
elkolya

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:12:33 PM

sure, you can checkout idealcash...100% POS

IdealCash
Coin abbreviation   DEAL
RPC port   31042
P2P port   31041
Total coin supply   5121951220 coins
PoS percentage   30% per year
Last PoW block   block 10000
Coinbase maturity   20 blocks
Target spacing   64 seconds
Target timespan   1 block
Transaction confirmations   6 blocks
Algorithm: Scrypt

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2957536.0;topicseen
dvabit (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:01:47 AM

There is no doubt staking is one of the way one can make decent income from the space but it is getting difficlut to make profit doing so recently, those staking tokens most of them have dumped significantly and the high cap ones, one would have to wait for long time to get something in return

Indeed, We have to wait for long time to get something in return.
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:29:55 AM

After reading this article,  Huh Huh Huh i am just wondering that i can make some extra money from my existing coin in my wallet.

http://www.hashtaginvesting.com/blog/what-is-crypto-staking

Guys, do you know which coins has staking facility ACTUALLY?

Platinum Bar (XPTX) has 230% Interest
Monkey Project (MONK) has a variable rate around 360% I believe
Inflaction Coin (IFLT) has a 72% interest rate
Condensate (RAIN) has 200%

There are many more out there, happy hunting and good luck!

KMD doesn't stake.  It generates interest.  The difference being that staking rewards on other coins are dependent on other factors, like network weight and coin age.  If you own few enough of a staking coin it's possible to never get the rewards.  KMD solves this by issuing the interest as blocks are generated.  If you put 10,000 DV7 in your wallet now you would never see it stake.  

The end result is the same, more coins in your wallet, but KMD has a much more equitable distribution method.  No one is left out.
Gizaza

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:21:01 AM

You can try to invest in ICO. According to analysis tokens of exchanges give good gains. For example there is lccx.io - looks like promising exchange based in London.  Well developed white paper, experienced team, located in politically stable jurisdiction.
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:47:54 AM

You can try to invest in ICO. According to analysis tokens of exchanges give good gains. For example there is lccx.io - looks like promising exchange based in London.  Well developed white paper, experienced team, located in politically stable jurisdiction.

What do you think about Lithuanian ICOs? What your experiences investing into them? I’m following one ICO (welltrado.io) and it’s in progress. They are selling tokens pretty slowly do you think they can reach a hard cap?

Thank you for your answers!

This thread is about staking, not ICOs.

However, I'll tell you this much; 46% of 2017's ICOs failed and other 13% are semi-failed.

(source: https://cryptonews.com/news/46-of-all-icos-in-2017-flopped-13-semi-failed-1292.htm)

seymenyunus16

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:14:53 PM

I guess Staking is fantastic if you find a crypto with an android wallet, in that way you got almost no expenses for running the wallet foo all the day. Its a good investment since your getting passive income on it. There a lot of cryptos that features POS.  Less consume of electricity and can run multiple staking program on a computer but it uses a lot of ram. But i think in this year making money is very difficult on crypto.

Fobrins

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:18:30 PM

What do you think about Lithuanian ICOs? What your experiences investing into them? I’m following one ICO (welltrado.io) and it’s in progress. They are selling tokens pretty slowly do you think they can reach a hard cap?

Thank you for your answers!

This thread is about staking, not ICOs.

However, I'll tell you this much; 46% of 2017's ICOs failed and other 13% are semi-failed.

(source: https://cryptonews.com/news/46-of-all-icos-in-2017-flopped-13-semi-failed-1292.htm)

I didn't know that failed ICOs percentage is so high. I could expect it, but not so soon.
2017 was the year of expansion and chaos.
Rexpax

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:41:08 PM

There are certain blockchain projects that allow you to stake their coins through POS algorithm or just like that. NEO can generate you GAS, which has some value too, but to obtain some substantial amount you need a lot of NEO in your NEO wallet. Elastos allows you to stake its coin. Also Tezos (XTZ) is launching soon, it will allow you to stake its XTZ at around 5% per year.

Julen

Activity: 71

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:24:54 PM

Neblio has a 10% interest rate
NAV has 5%

both are solid projects
dvabit (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 11:29:47 AM

Neblio has a 10% interest rate
NAV has 5%

both are solid projects

Indeed Neblio has great return interest rate.
BillyTalent

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:56:07 PM

After reading this article,  Huh Huh Huh i am just wondering that i can make some extra money from my existing coin in my wallet.

After reading this article,i can get extra money without i must be workhard but i only sit on my room and operate computer to searching this coin,and i can enjoy with this.
Aragorn_125

Activity: 448

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:03:24 PM

After reading this article,  Huh Huh Huh i am just wondering that i can make some extra money from my existing coin in my wallet.

Need to know the betting theme, the current position candidates, comparing the coefficients, in General, need to do a full analysis of the topic on which you'll put. And I want to wish you good luck.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: