Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:05:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you suppose will happen when BTC loses it's dominance?  (Read 775 times)
budi691

Activity: 1204
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 06:32:15 PM

I am not surprised by this, the current conditions make a lot of cryptolovers make issues, there are positive or negative. but the fact is they remain here and do not leave this world (crypto). because they are still optimistic there is a revival of bitcoin.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jamesblue1

Activity: 47
Merit: 8

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 07:29:03 PM

5% is a lot dude, It cant happen now, atleast not this year for sure. But if it happens, then probably altcoins will be affected negatively too. Therefore dominance is still there as it is like the founding father of altcoins. Not to mention that Bitcoin is the most well-known and has been widely used.
realcrypto

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 08:07:56 PM

Bitcoin can never loose it dominance, there is no blockchain technology without bitcoin. Blockchain and bitcoin goes pari passu with blockchain, bitcoin is the mother of all other cryptocurrency and the bye-product of all alternative coin.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
ace9989

Activity: 177
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 08:12:47 PM

Every week BTC seems to lose it's market dominance. Currently it sits at 34.4 percent but what happens when it becomes 5 percent or less? Thoughts?
It should be doing that. The price would look artificial if it wasn't, so just keep your coins somewhere safe.

Its the time to hoard and fill my buckets with bitcoin, those alternative will not be as successful and as popular like bitcoin has.

Of course, there are still improvements on the bitcoin's blockchain that are needed to be upgraded.
MrRiuss

Activity: 317
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 08:31:45 PM

Every week BTC seems to lose it's market dominance. Currently it sits at 34.4 percent but what happens when it becomes 5 percent or less? Thoughts?
yes, i think one day it will lose its market dominance, but not this soon. it still need/take a long time to happen
Elerntta

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 09:19:05 PM

I don't think it's possible to seriously consider bitcoin's ability to lose its dominance. He was the first and continues to develop and improve confidently. Therefore, no one will be able to overtake him and become a leader.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
minhlee95

Activity: 527
Merit: 101

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 09:31:20 PM

I am sure that bitcoin will forever remain the world leader in cryptocurrencies and will soon become the main world currency. The possibility of creating something more convenient is unlikely.

pehatas

Activity: 145
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 09:37:35 PM

Look at the dominance of Bitcoin now and you will realize that Bitcoin will always dominate the crypto currency market. Bitcoin is the gold standard for everyone.
worldofcoins

Activity: 1834
Merit: 418

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 09:42:23 PM

Unlike, many of the people on here, I'm not excluding the possibility for an end market dominance of BTC and it that was to happen the next better coin will simply take its place.
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 09:44:39 PM

Look at the dominance of Bitcoin now and you will realize that Bitcoin will always dominate the crypto currency market. Bitcoin is the gold standard for everyone.

No one can guarantee this. A new cryptocurrency might reach a market capitalization higher than bitcoin. There is no doubt many cryptocurrecies will be created and developed in the future.
Voidcrafter

Activity: 481
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 09:55:46 PM

Yes, you are right in January, he lost his investors, but today bitcoin is the leader, he surpassed all his opponents and in his hands more than 50% of the entire market, this says many advantages for bitcoin. Altcoins many simply will not survive and bitcoin will live.

.Удиви мeня
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Бapaxoлкa CCCP - иcтopии и paccкaзы
 Coчи 360 - Иcтopии из жизни
 - Днeвник ГУФИкa иcтopии пpo coбaк
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
renz0

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:11:36 PM

Probably it will alleviate the presence of cryptocurrency. But believe me, it is far from happening. Bitcoin still dominates in the crypto market. Pro's here in the cryptocurrency trading business anticipated this kind of situation. There's is always the ups and downs of prices at any time of the day but bitcoin still has the edge among other coins. At present, no other coin ever created yet with the purpose of being a currency or can be used in payments at least here in the country like bitcoin.
juljon18

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:11:51 PM

I don't think it matters as there are 100's of coins being introduced per year.  It's dominance will naturally fall due to the numbers.  I do believe it will retain it's #1 position it will just do it with lower dominance.
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:17:02 PM

No one can guarantee this. A new cryptocurrency might reach a market capitalization higher than bitcoin. There is no doubt many cryptocurrecies will be created and developed in the future.
Yes, i agree with you.But maybe it will happen not in the nearest time.For now,i still believe that bitcoin will still dominate the crypto world since the other coins are not as potential with bitcoin.And having a lot of investors of bitcoin even if its price is not in its peak,it will not fall easily.
Hkim21

Activity: 81
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:17:23 PM

if that really happened, I would split bitcoin into several altcoins. because the dominance of altcoin has recently increased quite a lot and this can be a good moment for altcoins at the same level as bitcoin.

imusify.com  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
Samuel Cofie

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:20:49 PM

Bitcoin dropping in its market price day in and out does not mean it is going to loss it dominance. Have a drop in market is likely with all coins in this cryptoworld. As side ethereum which is somehow in close fit with Bitcoin, the truth is currently no coin stands the chance of taking the place of Bitcoin hence. let save the hypothesis for future events which has little or no likelihood of happening.
Abal Abal

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 10:37:05 PM

this seems difficult to happen, but if this happens it is possible that bitcoin will lose its influence on the altcoin, and this will make the market even more extreme.

Odlanyer

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:45:32 PM

If bitcoin loses dominance happen I think that is not a big deal in bitcoin world because bitcoin will go other way to recover and make another. More people would use that other currency that would be dominant so the user base would be smaller, and the price would probably go down a bit, so means the cycle of bitcoin is up to people used it.
aika88

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:07:15 PM

I believe it is only an investor strategy to buy more bitcoin. Don't be too fixated with bitcoin you can buy a little eth for now. I hope bitcoin prices will stabilize again next year.
Sumo

Activity: 1098
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:28:57 PM

Bitcoin is now very low in price, but this does not mean that it loses dominance in the cryptocurrency market, it's just a temporary volatility.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: