Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:52:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ztex quad fpga 1.15y, need help  (Read 1099 times)
r3wt (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 08:50:56 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2013, 09:04:07 PM by r3wt

cgminer doesn't recognize it with the normal driver. so i install win usb using zadig. it picks it up but theres a problem.

the hardware errors pile up then after about 5 minutes cgminer declares all 4 ztexs as sick, then dead after awhile later.

so i tried bfgminer and i get a different error. failure to read bit stream, disabling!

someone please help me? what the hell am i doing wrong?

when i try to install the regular drivers for it from the manufacture, i get an error that the driver isn't signed so i can't be installed. what the hell

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nachius

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 01:36:35 PM

Go to Start Menu > Run and type the following command:
bcdedit /set nointegritychecks ON

reboot and install unsigned driver

If you want it back on (suggested)
Go to Start Menu > Run and type the following command:
bcdedit /set nointegritychecks OFF

reboot
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 02:18:16 AM

well that didn't specifically work since i'm on windows 8 but i rebooted with the driver enforcement off thanks to a windows 8 tutorial(insert windows 8 blows rant here) and now i'm on to a new problem.

1st of all i downloaded the BTCminer from the ztex website and have no idea what the fuck it is and how i use it. secondly cgminer, which i'd prefer to use has a new warning for me "the pin does not go high enough, disabling!" any thoughts or advice would  be appreciated

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
nachius

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 02:06:17 PM

If it's now detecting the miner it's hopefully just in your config.  Hopefully others can help on that end as I have experience with cgminer, just not specifically w/ fpga device.

Can you post your .bat or shortcut config for cgminer that is causing the error (omit username/password) and we go from there!
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:30:21 PM

If it's now detecting the miner it's hopefully just in your config.  Hopefully others can help on that end as I have experience with cgminer, just not specifically w/ fpga device.

Can you post your .bat or shortcut config for cgminer that is causing the error (omit username/password) and we go from there!

i have a config file, but i don't use a .bat or anything else

my config file

Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "http://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333",
"user" : "r3wt.worker1",
"pass" : "<removed>"
},
{
"url" : "http://stratum.btcguild.com:3333",
"user" : "r3wt_1",
"pass" : "<removed>"
}
]
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"hotplug" : "5",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}

nachius

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 12:59:37 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=218565.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: