Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:21:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I chose not to invest in SpectreCoin (XSPEC) now  (Read 2179 times)
spectre_jbg

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:37:44 PM

Thanks for the summary. I think the first three questions are pretty similar, or at least my answer to them will be pretty much the same, so I'm going to answer them together.

- Where is 1.4 code? More than a month after your promise: https://imgur.com/a/BHF5s
- How on Earth have you mixed up 1.4 code with stealth staking? How long is it taking you to cherry pick a few commits?
- Why after almost a week you still don't know how much work is left to finish 1.4? And after 3 weeks of announcing that 1.4 was on time for the end of February?

Throughout my association with XSPEC I've been pretty bad at deadlines, time estimation and project management. I think this is pretty well-known in the community. It's not just a case of cherry-picking commits, as I haven't been committing nice small units of work like I should have been. I'm working on tidying things up, though for various reasons I'm not at full output right at this moment. As you may have seen on Discord, we're moving to bring people with better skills in these areas (project management, planning release dates, etc) into the core team.

- Why have you lied in 1.3.5 release notes saying you implemented "Automatic ring size determination for stealth transactions"?

Automatic ring size for stealth transactions was not working prior to v1.3.5. As of v1.3.5 it works. The release notes indicate the new (working) functionality. I don't see the problem here. Release notes are not supposed to be a work log; they describe the changes vs. the previous version.

- Why have you lied about your software development experience? After our private chat, where you were of course trying to minimise the mistake ("everyone exaggerates experience") I had a recognized loyal member of your community telling me that you told him you have 25 years of dev experience, and you are in your 20s. This was not exaggerating, this was lying.

I am not aware of the community member you refer to nor do I recall having the conversation you claim that they relayed to you, so I can't really respond in a meaningful way to this. We've already gone over my exaggeration of my experience, which is something that I stupidly did in an ad-hoc conversation on Slack, and have never done since. I regret it. What more is there to say?

- Do you think it's realistic saying that learning a code base, a few library updates, UI fixes, CI and ability to send money to developer is enough work for 9 months for 1 developer (plus one developer for 6 months)?

Yes. The codebase is large, quite complex, and changes to it involve people's money so need to be done carefully. The library updates were not minor. All the changes required testing and debugging. Lines of code are not a good measure of time spent.

And then there's the changes that aren't public yet. Sure, I can't prove their existence yet, like anything that hasn't been made public yet, but I don't understand the impatience. I frankly am not concerned if people don't believe I've been working on v1.4 all this time, because when it's released their disbelief will be moot...

- Where is Bryce work? Can you show his 6 months worth of development? Maybe to your community longstanding members?

It will be released when it's ready, like the rest of our work. See above.

- What do you have to say about 3 independent reviews of your code (this thread you are reading, but also here and here) where we all agree you are not working full time? Can you give us some proofs of the contrary? Also some people from your community agrees on this.

You know as well as I do that proving something like this is virtually impossible. These "reviews" all minimise the work I've done using phrases like "a few library updates" as if this work does not require careful implementation, testing and debugging. Lines of code is not a good measure of time spent. See my response to "Do you think..." above.

- Why are you talking about "zero reward" from XSPEC? The donation address in control by you received so far ~100k XSPECs, which in my opinion is a very good deal for what optimistically seems a part time job for you.

As others have pointed out but you tend to conveniently ignore, the price of XSPEC has varied a lot over time. The actual amount of fiat money that I've received from XSPEC is small, and certainly doesn't do much to justify the stress of trying to get work done in this environment, being constantly being accused of having some bad motivations. Since I don't have access to any "stash" of XSPEC (yes, I know I can't prove this), the price is not much motivation for me. I'm working on this because it's an interesting tech project that I took stewardship of, which I would like to see through, not because I expect to get some financial reward.

Please also refer to recent Discord announcements; I am going to relinquish control of incoming donations and the decisions about how they are spent. For the reasons described in last sentence of the previous paragraph, I would work on this project even without the donations (which are small anyway) so they might as well be used to bring more people on board and try to drive the project forward faster.

- Why are you sending most of the donations to SdsaXSYCksJcW18AJ6HcG1ZwgFKcU7WYrr? That address has 232k coins received and it's linked with addresses holding milions of coins which are clearly not exchange addresses.

That address is an exchange deposit address. Once I send coins there, the XSPEC on the blockchain is now in the hands of the exchange. So any coins leaving it are being moved around internally by the exchange or withdrawn to other exchange users. I don't see how you can infer anything from the addresses that it's "linked" to, they will just be other addresses of the exchange or addresses of other exchange users. Saying they are "clearly not exchange addresses" is just lying, I'm sure you understand things well enough to know that you can't easily make inferences like this.

- Are you planning to exit soon?

No, I am not. I've put a huge amount of work into this coin and I would like to see it through to some kind of stability and progress. Like any developer I don't expect to be around one project forever, but I also don't like unfinished business. Before moving on I'd like to have v1.4 and v2.0 released, a stable core team in place to continue development, and solid governance that prevents one person from having to bear the brunt of constant accusations while trying to get work done. Once these things are in place it's possible that I would consider leaving. I prefer not to use the word "exit" since it's generally associated with leaving *with* something, and that's not likely to be the case here.

- How many coins does Mandica hold?

I have no idea. She has claimed to me, several months ago, that she holds "very little" XSPEC. I asked for a clearer indication of how much, and it was not forthcoming. She may hold a lot, or she may genuinely hold almost none. My suspicion is that she still has some significant holdings.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spectre_jbg

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:48:56 PM

I just read a little further back in this thread and saw the accusation that I "exhumed" Mandica's account. It should be very easy for anyone who's been around bitcointalk for a while to verify that the Mandica that started XSPEC (long before I got involved), who has been very active on BCT here for quite some time, is the same Mandica that has come back to the project recently and is on our Discord. I'd appreciate if someone would take the effort to independently verify this somehow since I really don't need more wild accusations directed at me...
gunner833 (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 8

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:17:15 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2018, 08:40:14 AM by gunner833

Thanks for your answers jbg. Haven't answered to a few points as I believe or we are going nowhere or you answered.

- Where is 1.4 code? More than a month after your promise: https://imgur.com/a/BHF5s
- How on Earth have you mixed up 1.4 code with stealth staking? How long is it taking you to cherry pick a few commits?
- Why after almost a week you still don't know how much work is left to finish 1.4? And after 3 weeks of announcing that 1.4 was on time for the end of February?
Throughout my association with XSPEC I've been pretty bad at deadlines, time estimation and project management. I think this is pretty well-known in the community. It's not just a case of cherry-picking commits, as I haven't been committing nice small units of work like I should have been. I'm working on tidying things up, though for various reasons I'm not at full output right at this moment. As you may have seen on Discord, we're moving to bring people with better skills in these areas (project management, planning release dates, etc) into the core team.

It is still very shady that you haven't given a new release date after a week of the past promised one. And it's still very shady that after a month you promised to make it public, you only now realised that you mixed up the code. And it's very amateur that you mixed up the code. These things to me are saying that you have no idea what you are doing, since you can't work effectively with a workflow involving multiple developers and git branches and you don't have experience in doing estimations and can't asses how much work is left. To me you never worked as software developer, these things that you are failing are common tasks in a day to day job.

Automatic ring size for stealth transactions was not working prior to v1.3.5. As of v1.3.5 it works. The release notes indicate the new (working) functionality. I don't see the problem here. Release notes are not supposed to be a work log; they describe the changes vs. the previous version.

Where is the change that made them work?

I am not aware of the community member you refer to nor do I recall having the conversation you claim that they relayed to you, so I can't really respond in a meaningful way to this. We've already gone over my exaggeration of my experience, which is something that I stupidly did in an ad-hoc conversation on Slack, and have never done since. I regret it. What more is there to say?

What ad-hoc conversation? I have got 4 screenshots where you said you have +20 years of dev experience. You kept saying this for long, why are you still trying to minimize?

- Do you think it's realistic saying that learning a code base, a few library updates, UI fixes, CI and ability to send money to developer is enough work for 9 months for 1 developer (plus one developer for 6 months)?

Yes. The codebase is large, quite complex, and changes to it involve people's money so need to be done carefully. The library updates were not minor. All the changes required testing and debugging. Lines of code are not a good measure of time spent.

And then there's the changes that aren't public yet. Sure, I can't prove their existence yet, like anything that hasn't been made public yet, but I don't understand the impatience. I frankly am not concerned if people don't believe I've been working on v1.4 all this time, because when it's released their disbelief will be moot...

Yes, changes are not public even after over a month you promised to make them public, which would have cleared all this mess. And still aren't public after the new excuse that you mixed up the code. Given how organised you are, I am very doubtful you were organised with testing other then "open wallet, click, click, done". Which is the basic manual testing needed to test UI changes or library updates. You haven't changed anything regarding money a part of the ability to send them to you.

- Where is Bryce work? Can you show his 6 months worth of development? Maybe to your community longstanding members?

It will be released when it's ready, like the rest of our work. See above.

Someone genuine would try to shed some light on 6 months of a mysterious developer work. Of course you don't.

As others have pointed out but you tend to conveniently ignore, the price of XSPEC has varied a lot over time. The actual amount of fiat money that I've received from XSPEC is small, and certainly doesn't do much to justify the stress of trying to get work done in this environment, being constantly being accused of having some bad motivations. Since I don't have access to any "stash" of XSPEC (yes, I know I can't prove this), the price is not much motivation for me. I'm working on this because it's an interesting tech project that I took stewardship of, which I would like to see through, not because I expect to get some financial reward.

Please also refer to recent Discord announcements; I am going to relinquish control of incoming donations and the decisions about how they are spent. For the reasons described in last sentence of the previous paragraph, I would work on this project even without the donations (which are small anyway) so they might as well be used to bring more people on board and try to drive the project forward faster.

Good that you are giving out control of donations. I hope you do it, as I have been told about this a month ago and it hasn't happened yet either. How long is it taking you to do something this simple?

That address is an exchange deposit address. Once I send coins there, the XSPEC on the blockchain is now in the hands of the exchange. So any coins leaving it are being moved around internally by the exchange or withdrawn to other exchange users. I don't see how you can infer anything from the addresses that it's "linked" to, they will just be other addresses of the exchange or addresses of other exchange users. Saying they are "clearly not exchange addresses" is just lying, I'm sure you understand things well enough to know that you can't easily make inferences like this.

Ok, that might be an exchange address, but it's definitely the exchange address associated with your account from 2017-08-12 23:47:12, time when you did the first deposit from the donation address. Anyone can check this just checking their Cryptopia deposit address on the explorer. And if you see the pattern of deposits and withdrawals before that, it's clearly yours also before. There is no point for an exchange to write complicated and risky logic to share addresses between users, when they can have infinite addresses.

So my questions remains:
- Why are you sending most of the donations to SdsaXSYCksJcW18AJ6HcG1ZwgFKcU7WYrr? That address has 232k coins received and it's linked with addresses holding milions of coins.
trainasauruswrecks

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:35:16 AM

What started as valid argument seems to be degrading into "doubt," speculation, subtle ad-hominem jabs at character, unbacked claims bordering on threat, and challenges that jbg has no obligation to respond to.  At this point I just question the motivation of these posts.  It seems a lot of effort on behalf of those making the "scam" claims and what initially seemed as a tight weave is starting to show some thread wear.
Post the screen-shots, Gunner.  What are you hiding from?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
              Native TOR+OBFS4 ● Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon! ● Ghost Protocol              
XSPEC SlackTwitter  ◆ FacebookWebsite
gunner833 (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:44:37 AM

What started as valid argument seems to be degrading into "doubt," speculation, subtle ad-hominem jabs at character, unbacked claims bordering on threat, and challenges that jbg has no obligation to respond to.  At this point I just question the motivation of these posts.  It seems a lot of effort on behalf of those making the "scam" claims and what initially seemed as a tight weave is starting to show some thread wear.
Post the screen-shots, Gunner.  What are you hiding from?

Nothing man, I am still not sure he's genuine, and you need go to in depth when you try to debunk a scammer. If he's genuine, he'll be able to answer the questions without any problem, but he avoided for more than a month. Ask yourself why?

Now that he started, let him continue please, it will be better for you too.
trainasauruswrecks

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:56:05 AM

Post the screen shots please.

gunner833 (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:16:28 AM

Post the screen shots please.

one, two, three and four.

Happier?

Names removed on the forth one as it was a private conversation and I haven't asked for authorisation to publish, I can ask and disclose if that makes you feel even happier.
trainasauruswrecks

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:21:39 AM

"Authorization?" 
You going to get a fine or something?  Ya'll buddies? 
Or you just don't want him to come into question.
I think that individual needs a much scrutiny for making that claim as jbg does.

gunner833 (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:24:39 AM

Cool, I am going to ask both users and let you know.

In the meanwhile, let's continue and say I have got 3 screenshots, and jbg mentioned an "ad-hoc conversation" when he clearly wrote it multiple times.

Why do you think he was trying to minimise again?
trainasauruswrecks

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:40:57 AM

So three things on slack.  Which he's admitted to and regrets.
One instance of hearsay that is, as of yet, unverified... (so lets hope they can get a screenshot as well).
And then a nitpick at semantics.
Just post the name man.  They made a claim.  Let them back it.  Call them out too.  This is the web.  There is not privacy in a chatbox.

gunner833 (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:47:55 AM

I have asked them. Following your same thinking, do you want me to disclose also jbg real name and surname then?
CisColtz

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:55:01 AM

I haven't invested into SpectreCoin project but I have participate into telegram bounty and what I have read there everyday makes me think that somehow you misunderstood all the situations somehow. In my opinion , they are a legit project with a solid team but this is just my opinion.
trainasauruswrecks

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:21:06 AM

I don't give a shit.  
If you are comfortable blowing someone's spot based on the traces they've left on the web, that's up to you.  It's up to the individual to operate in a manner that allows for them to be private.  If he's left footprints and if you feel comfortable releasing his real name... I don't care.   But I don't see how that is of benefit as we can at least confront jbg by his screen-name and we are not afforded that same benefit of confrontation with your... I dunno... informant.
But I thought your original post was unbiased and informative.  It had a feel of genuinely pointing out concerns.  This most recent post has some passive aggression and presumptions about what makes a "genuine person" in the form of an ultimatum and a lot of very speculative input.  The tone has changed.  

I love to troll, it's a simple pleasure in my life and a horrible indictment of my character.  Your first post was a REALLY good example of how I would present something if I wanted to look distanced and like I was genuinely trying to help (but I was actually baiting someone)... but this most recent post is starting to reek of something more personal.  Like the bait wasn't substantial so you're "upping" your game .  Throwing subtle jabs here trying to goad someone into an emotional reaction... which we both know would result in you "winning" from a troll perspective.  

The other guy (Preshprince)'s post started in that manner.  Making claims without proof and such.  I peeped that game from the get go.  But now you're starting to head in that direction.  
So why do all this?  You said your piece initially, which informed the people.  They can make their decisions from that first post and decide whether JBG is genuine or not yeah?  You're attempting to set the precedent for what is and isn't acceptable now.  You aren't just providing your "findings" you're challenging character.  You're questioning semantics.  You're  hiding sources.  These are also questionable actions.

Edit:  Didn't nail preshprince's screen name.  Edited

gunner833 (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:42:19 AM

I understand your comment and you are right, I have changed my tone. But for a reason.

If more than a month ago I was doubtful, after a month of looking of what's going on in XSPEC, my doubts are becoming more and more certainty. I have written why endless times. Also the change of tone was intended to make jbg reply.

Think about it from my perspective:
you lose a lot of time to share your research to the community for 0 return and you mostly get quick shill answers which you have to spend more time answering to. Then the guy doesn't even answer to you. After a month, the market says I am right, and then he of course answers. Not because he wants to, because the market says so.

Also I then ask him for very simple things to clear everything up, and after more than a month they are still not done!

How do you want me to approach a, what now I believe is, potential scammer? Do you want me to go gentle with him?

Like: hey, so sorry you missed your own set up deadline to release 1.4, and you still don't know when you are going to release it. You also haven't made 1.4 code public after a month, how many more months do you want? 2 or 3? Let's do 4!

Do you think this would work better?

I don't approve much preshprince tone, he's way harsher than me and has spent less time researching XSPEC in general than me, but hey, his choice.

You asked for screenshots, I gave them to you. I am not lying as you can see. You can think I am not genuine, but to be honest I don't care anymore. I only care about jbg responses and his ability of release 9 months worth of development work with 1.4. This hasn't happened yet, and it's the only thing everyone should care about. Plus maybe his donation address transactions, which is worrying too.
rowandg

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:54:07 AM

I am not invested in this project anymore and have been asked to share my story multiple times. I don't think it matters much, since it was a personal decision, but here goes:

I found out who jbg is, which did not match the profile he publicly portrays to his investors.
An article popped up about his history, which made me lose trust in his ability to run a business.
The reason he says its important for him to remain anonymous, is because it could compromise the project otherwise.

I do not know if this project is a scam, but these three points made me too uncomfortable to stay. So I left.

Like I said, its personal. Community is nice, I hope the project succeeds.
trainasauruswrecks

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:06:20 PM

I understand your comment and you are right, I have changed my tone. But for a reason.

If more than a month ago I was doubtful, after a month of looking of what's going on in XSPEC, my doubts are becoming more and more certainty. I have written why endless times. Also the change of tone was intended to make jbg reply.

you lose a lot of time to share your research to the community for 0 return and you mostly get quick shill answers which you have to spend more time answering to. Then the guy doesn't even answer to you. After a month, the market says I am right, and then he of course answers. Not because he wants to, because the market says so.

Also I then ask him for very simple things to clear everything up, and after more than a month they are still not done!

How do you want me to approach a, what now I believe is, potential scammer? Do you want me to go gentle with him?

Like: hey, so sorry you missed your own set up deadline to release 1.4, and you still don't know when you are going to release it. You also haven't made 1.4 code public after a month, how many more months do you want? 2 or 3? Let's do 4!

I don't approve much preshprince tone, he's way harsher than me and has spent less time researching XSPEC in general than me, but hey, his choice.

You asked for screenshots, I gave them to you. I am not lying as you can see. You can think I am not genuine, but to be honest I don't care anymore. I only care about jbg responses and his ability of release 9 months worth of development work with 1.4. This hasn't happened yet, and it's the only thing everyone should care about. Plus maybe his donation address transactions, which is worrying too.

I see what you are saying, but again it is my perception that you are attempting to dictate the terms and conditions of what is "acceptable" as far as a response goes and though I may misremembering your earlier post  it feels as if the goals posts are being moved with each response.  On top of that I don't understand why you feel as if it's the responsibility of jbg to respond to you.    You feel under appreciated for the work that you did to investigate this issue so you begin implementing snark to "get a response."  I understand that you may not find the intrinsic motivation of having done something positive for the crypto community enough to sate you for the work that you did, but posts like the previous one question whether this was for the good of the crypto community or not.  If you are not invested and have a genuine interest in fleshing out the concerns with jbg... then why the violent communication technique?

When I go back and look at your earlier post where you suggested times by which a project should be completed and see that the authority with which you presented your information may be flawed, incomplete, or both I find myself questioning what you used as a benchmark and whether or not any of the code based arguments were of any merit.  Because the things you are claiming should take a very short time (If I'm understanding correctly) can be quite a hefty task.

Also that "Should I post jbg's real name and location" statement makes me think you wish to use that as some sort of leverage.  As if you're hanging this over the community's head or something.  I don't understand the intention there either.

I thank you for posting the pics instead of using them in a threatening fashion.  If we are here to call people out then there's no reason for the "I got a gun in my pocket" talk... just shoot.  It showed me that you weren't being ENTIRELY genuine about the information you were claiming to present.  But I still think you're generally being genuine.  Sometimes people stretch the validity of things to prove a point and you came clean, so I'm cool with that.  But  I am still not sure why you are choosing to hide the screen name of the individual that claimed jbg said he had 25 years of experience coding.  That's a pretty damning claim.  I'd like to see evidence of this and if someone is willing to say that shouldn't they weigh in here with some evidence.  Turn something that is just hearsay into something a bit more tangible?   

sirsplashalot

Activity: 520
Merit: 123

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:10:35 PM

I am not invested in this project anymore and have been asked to share my story multiple times. I don't think it matters much, since it was a personal decision, but here goes:

I found out who jbg is, which did not match the profile he publicly portrays to his investors.
An article popped up about his history, which made me lose trust in his ability to run a business.
The reason he says its important for him to remain anonymous, is because it could compromise the project otherwise.

I do not know if this project is a scam, but these three points made me too uncomfortable to stay. So I left.

Like I said, its personal. Community is nice, I hope the project succeeds.

Rowan, I made a response about this personal information. A lot of news can be interpreted as negative based on title more than facts, reason, and moreover conclusion. I remember your name and its literally sad to see people leave.

Worried about my trust rating? I am too. Bitcointalk users ‘Lauda’ and ‘gmaxwell’ have abused their superior powers in trust system to align their views with the ‘correct views.’ In no legal system in any jurisdiction do we have a definition for what Bitcoin is, they do not have the power to tell us what it is based on the rule of law.
preshpr1nce

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:26:38 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2018, 12:42:53 PM by preshpr1nce

I don't give a shit.  
If you are comfortable blowing someone's spot based on the traces they've left on the web, that's up to you.  It's up to the individual to operate in a manner that allows for them to be private.  If he's left footprints and if you feel comfortable releasing his real name... I don't care.   But I don't see how that is of benefit as we can at least confront jbg by his screen-name and we are not afforded that same benefit of confrontation with your... I dunno... informant.
But I thought your original post was unbiased and informative.  It had a feel of genuinely pointing out concerns.  This most recent post has some passive aggression and presumptions about what makes a "genuine person" in the form of an ultimatum and a lot of very speculative input.  The tone has changed.  

I love to troll, it's a simple pleasure in my life and a horrible indictment of my character.  Your first post was a REALLY good example of how I would present something if I wanted to look distanced and like I was genuinely trying to help (but I was actually baiting someone)... but this most recent post is starting to reek of something more personal.  Like the bait wasn't substantial so you're "upping" your game .  Throwing subtle jabs here trying to goad someone into an emotional reaction... which we both know would result in you "winning" from a troll perspective.  

The other guy (Preshprince)'s post started in that manner.  Making claims without proof and such.  I peeped that game from the get go.  But now you're starting to head in that direction.  
So why do all this?  You said your piece initially, which informed the people.  They can make their decisions from that first post and decide whether JBG is genuine or not yeah?  You're attempting to set the precedent for what is and isn't acceptable now.  You aren't just providing your "findings" you're challenging character.  You're questioning semantics.  You're  hiding sources.  These are also questionable actions.

Edit:  Didn't nail preshprince's screen name.  Edited

I wouldn't say my post started in a troll manner, I went through the code and provided my findings, would you expect me to come across this in a positive tone when I'm convinced the community has been taken for a ride by jbg?

Also similar to gunners response, you've taken your own time to gather information and share it with the community, the response is a full blown shill attack and people trying to discredit you as a person, my mannerisms will vary person by person, if some one is attacking me do not expect a positive response, I'm not a robot..

My ways as a person are pretty simple, I enjoy helping people, I'll give even a stranger time of day if I can give value, but if some one gives me poor attitude they will get nothing but poor attitude back, I treat people the way I expect to be treated and expect the same back from people, start shilling, lying or trying to hurt innocent people and you'll see a different side of me, I have no desire to change this nature either, I find it fair.

A world full of sensitive people isn't a good one either, don't be so critical, blunt and to the point achieves more than burning time on emotions, if I was writing a thread on a mental health forum I would take a different tone, I don't expect emotional sensitivity from traders.

You've also said you get pleasures out of trolling, who are you to question any ones nature? Trolls are bottom dwellers and are good for nothing.

And if this is enough to discredit information and findings in today's world, I give up.
gunner833 (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:47:02 PM

I see what you are saying, but again it is my perception that you are attempting to dictate the terms and conditions of what is "acceptable" as far as a response goes and though I may misremembering your earlier post  it feels as if the goals posts are being moved with each response.  On top of that I don't understand why you feel as if it's the responsibility of jbg to respond to you.    You feel under appreciated for the work that you did to investigate this issue so you begin implementing snark to "get a response."  I understand that you may not find the intrinsic motivation of having done something positive for the crypto community enough to sate you for the work that you did, but posts like the previous one question whether this was for the good of the crypto community or not.  If you are not invested and have a genuine interest in fleshing out the concerns with jbg... then why the violent communication technique?

When I go back and look at your earlier post where you suggested times by which a project should be completed and see that the authority with which you presented your information may be flawed, incomplete, or both I find myself questioning what you used as a benchmark and whether or not any of the code based arguments were of any merit.  Because the things you are claiming should take a very short time (If I'm understanding correctly) can be quite a hefty task.

Also that "Should I post jbg's real name and location" statement makes me think you wish to use that as some sort of leverage.  As if you're hanging this over the community's head or something.  I don't understand the intention there either.

I thank you for posting the pics instead of using them in a threatening fashion.  If we are here to call people out then there's no reason for the "I got a gun in my pocket" talk... just shoot.  It showed me that you weren't being ENTIRELY genuine about the information you were claiming to present.  But I still think you're generally being genuine.  Sometimes people stretch the validity of things to prove a point and you came clean, so I'm cool with that.  But  I am still not sure why you are choosing to hide the screen name of the individual that claimed jbg said he had 25 years of experience coding.  That's a pretty damning claim.  I'd like to see evidence of this and if someone is willing to say that shouldn't they weigh in here with some evidence.  Turn something that is just hearsay into something a bit more tangible?  

My ultimate point is that the only person that you need to blame for this should be jbg, because how he is handling and how he had handled this. Maybe a response from the start of my thread would have stopped everything at the start. Now he's just trying to stop the boat from sinking.

And again, sorry if I repeat myself, I asked one simple thing, make 1.4 public, he promised to do so more than a month ago and hasn't done it yet. And a new excuse came out recently. Again, if you are trying to debunk a scammer, would you go easy with him after a more than a month? Maybe to you this looks normal, sorry but I have a total different perception. More than a month to publish some code, action which takes 2 seconds, and after more than a month come up with a new excuse? I simply can't go easy with this, it would be an insult to my intelligence.

Again the only thing I am asking is simple facts, simple facts which jbg has been failing to provide in over a month. jbg has no responsibility to answer me. I am doing very simple and straight questions and he is free to avoid to answer them.

On the hidden information on the screenshot, I asked. One hasn't answered yet, one answered but does not want the information to be made public, so I will not. I can post you privately the screen of his response if you'd like to, with nickname hidden again. Sorry to have mentioned it, but we need to think like it never existed. I respect people privacy, as I am doing with jbg. I will never release his information, but you have asked me to release some other person nickname, which might be linked to his real name, so I have done an example to make you understand why I wouldn't do it, otherwise I would have revealed jbg details already.

Remember that debunking a potential scammer is not an easy task, as you can see, and it requires a lot of time. All of this for 0 reward. I am still asking myself why I am doing this, and I think I have an exaggerated sense of justice, which I should start think about how to settle down Smiley
sirsplashalot

Activity: 520
Merit: 123

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:07:54 PM

I don't give a shit.  

Edit:  Didn't nail preshprince's screen name.  Edited

I wouldn't say my post started in a troll manner, I went through the code and provided my findings, would you expect me to come across this in a positive tone when I'm convinced the community has been taken for a ride by jbg?

Also similar to gunners response, you've taken your own time to gather information and share it with the community, the response is a full blown shill attack and people trying to discredit you as a person, my mannerisms will vary person by person, if some one is attacking me do not expect a positive response, I'm not a robot..

My ways as a person are pretty simple, I enjoy helping people, I'll give even a stranger time of day if I can give value, but if some one gives me poor attitude they will get nothing but poor attitude back, I treat people the way I expect to be treated and expect the same back from people, start shilling, lying or trying to hurt innocent people and you'll see a different side of me, I have no desire to change this nature either, I find it fair.

A world full of sensitive people isn't a good one either, don't be so critical, blunt and to the point achieves more than burning time on emotions, if I was writing a thread on a mental health forum I would take a different tone, I don't expect emotional sensitivity from traders.

You've also said you get pleasures out of trolling, who are you to question any ones nature? Trolls are bottom dwellers and are good for nothing.

And if this is enough to discredit information and findings in today's world, I give up.

The 'senior dev' who likes to help people.  Wink

Worried about my trust rating? I am too. Bitcointalk users ‘Lauda’ and ‘gmaxwell’ have abused their superior powers in trust system to align their views with the ‘correct views.’ In no legal system in any jurisdiction do we have a definition for what Bitcoin is, they do not have the power to tell us what it is based on the rule of law.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: