Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:55:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Downgrade Antimner S9 , Remove security firmware  (Read 675 times)
thierry4wd (OP)

Activity: 446
Merit: 347

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2019, 07:50:05 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2019, 09:41:05 PM by thierry4wd

Hi all, most member here are problem for this !!! I propose everybody working here Smiley

I past my message for other member :

Do you want try it ? i take lastest firmware , and only replace the firmware with old firmware S9J without signature, and i old secure files with compatibility ... i thinks no risk for your miner, but i thinks you need know it Wink (i recompiled firmware update 2019 but i just replace the file by S9J firmware 2018)

DL : http://www.k-upload.fr/afficher-fichier-2019-04-11-1548a7d06testtar.gz.html (Edit, not working)

After download, rename on "test.tar.gz" (upload as renomed my file)

For me, i'm not ready for test it so my miner in not in my hand...

But anybody have a bad controler or miner for part, ready to test it ?

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 11:18:50 AM

Also worth trying would be methods for the S11 and the S15. Indeed worth a try for someone with spare controllers... For an extra S9 controller that was already tainted with the 2019 version, its worth a try i think.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
zacocity

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 06:52:59 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2019, 11:59:26 PM by frodocooper

System Upgrade Failed
FileList Chech Failed!!!

You can not only change files or code in files in sig tar.gz Smiley
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6359

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 12:56:34 PM

So seems like it did not work ? Are you planning to try another way to break that stupid security thing on 2019 firmware?

I have emailed bitmain's support , they said they won't do anything about it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Artemis3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2019, 03:23:58 PM

So seems like it did not work ? Are you planning to try another way to break that stupid security thing on 2019 firmware?

I have emailed bitmain's support , they said they won't do anything about it.

Obviously, they have chosen to go down this path. The only hope i expect is from the community, same as when they found that S15 flaw that allowed SSH again. Something along these lines would allow people to go back to 2018 or earlier firmware, or even better: Braiins OS.

A quest for freedom has started with those stuck with their gear...

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
zacocity

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 07:26:28 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2019, 03:55:52 AM by frodocooper

the problem is not to come in the S9 / S15 etc but to make it usable for everyone Smiley
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 07:34:32 PM

the problem is not to come in the S9 / S15 etc but to make it usable for everyone Smiley
Er? What is that supposed to mean? Use a condom when screwing with them?  Huh

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
zacocity

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 07:46:38 PM

Bitmain has disabled ssh from S15 and now also uses older miner signed firmware files. so users can only use the original non-overclockable version. that's why everyone wants to get in there Smiley
S9: Also, no downgrade to an old firmware version is more possible if the user upgraded to the latest
of course with sd carte / re flashing goes - if sd slot available
Artemis3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2019, 08:04:43 PM

And what i meant is that we are going to have to do this by ourselves, without any help from Bitmain. We are on our own to break this, especially in current models that come already locked.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2943

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2019, 08:05:53 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2019, 03:55:39 AM by frodocooper

Bitmain has disabled ssh from S15 and now also uses older miner signed firmware files. so users can only use the original non-overclockable version. that's why everyone wants to get in there Smiley

That's the fact they don't want their miners to use their firmware to access SSH and overclocked the miner's speed and increase the efficiency.
So that the overclocking method like 18th/s in s9s will never work anymore in the latest version(Unless if someone will show/reveal the hidden menu from webGUI to enable SSH)

S9: Also, no downgrade to an old firmware version is more possible if the user upgraded to the latest
of course with sd carte / re flashing goes - if sd slot available

I never heard someone downgrading s9 with low version but they released a method to make a recovery program through SD card but the firmware will become t9+ based on their guide if you use this firmware I'm sure your hashrate down to 10th/s.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 08:48:49 PM

Over clocking does NOT increase efficiency, just makes them run faster and hungrier. Every test on every miner made I've ever seen shows that just raising freq results in LOWER efficiency. Of course it works the other way as well, slower = better eff. That's the reason that all low-power modes also drop hashrate.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
thierry4wd (OP)

Activity: 446
Merit: 347

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2019, 09:38:34 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2019, 03:56:23 AM by frodocooper

Over clocking does NOT increase efficiency, just makes them run faster and hungrier. Every test on every miner made I've ever seen shows that just raising freq results in LOWER efficiency. Of course it works the other way as well, slower = better eff. That's the reason that all low-power modes also drop hashrate.

True, or not.... for exemple, T9+ run arround 565mhz at 870mv (in my memory) and run at 10.5T for arround 1400W ... But, i run with hi freq, the original firmware lowered 870mv with more mhz ... So, in m'y config, running at 650mhz , at 810mhz , for arround 1250w, at 12T !!!  (and for exemple, S9 run at 870mv with more freq, and better efficiency is possible with very good hashboard)

So, access with SSH is very important ! for tweak ! or manage miner Smiley

I need S9 controler for work for this !!! lol.

Artemis3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2019, 11:15:20 PM

And as we have witnessed various experiments (on S9s) using Braiins OS (which let you tweak speed and voltages in the UI), each asic board is unique. Some can take more, some can take less. They have different sweet-spot for maximum efficiency as well, there is no single value that works for every single board out there, each one has their own. Actually each chip should...

Normally that is correct, overclocking should make it less efficient, and downclocking more efficient. But you should measure for every tiny little adjustment you try and see if you are improving OR degrading efficiency. Also downclocking in general tends to give you lower temperatures and longer lifetime, those things go the opposite way with overclocking. Finally overclocking naturally demands more power than your current PSU may handle. AND, PSUs also have a sweet-spot for efficiency, usually around 60% load or less. Steer away from this ideal load and you will see more power per hash as result. Why of course some PSUs are better than others, and you can always try different ones.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Pages: [1]
  Print