Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:06:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 [710] 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 ... 843 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.1  (Read 5805212 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:10:45 PM

* Viceroy let down by an old friend who doesn't seem to recognize the future is NOT bitcoin.

If Bitcoin is not the future then we're all screwed.

Bitcoin is the anchor point for all alts.  And I, for one, am happy that CGMiner development will be focused on Bitcoin only going forward.

I have no problem with alts, but Bitcoin is the standard.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Krak

Activity: 591
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 04:15:10 PM

Maybe you could change the FIRST PAGE to reflect the fact that you have RECENTLY abandoned GPU's and Scrypt?   JACKASS!
It's right in the title of the thread. Notice how there's no more GPU or scrypt. Roll Eyes

BTC: 1KrakenLFEFg33A4f6xpwgv3UUoxrLPuGn
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:32:17 PM

Who wants to fork this and reinstitute scrypt and GPU support?

sgminer is already that fork. 
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:41:41 PM

Dropping GPU support was well documented in this thread and even given about a years warning.
Is there a legitimate reason why you can't read?

Oh, that's a genius approach... attack me because I didn't read this 716 page thread.

You are a jackass.
Maybe you could change the FIRST PAGE to reflect the fact that you have RECENTLY abandoned GPU's and Scrypt?   JACKASS!
As stated by others, since you don't bother to keep up on what has been happening with cgminer, simply read every title of every post ...

So anyway, your solution to software that has been provided to you for years for free to make you money, is to call the main developer of that free software that you have used for years ... an idiot.

You sir are indeed a lowlife.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Dribble

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:47:20 PM

I'm having some odd issues since a while.

Running 3 BlueFuries and 1 BiFury USB miners (WinXP SP3), my cgminer started crashing every few days some weeks ago.
Looking at the Task Manager, I found out its RAM usage is increasing all the time, presumably running into some kind of RAM limitations (it's an older centrino notebook with 1.5GB of RAM).
After a day, I see it at about 60MB use of RAM, a day later it's at ~150MB, another day later roughly 350MB+ (which is about the area when it becomes very crash-prone, including using any of its basic menu functions that then can easily crash the application).
Generally its RAM consumption increases at about 4KB/sec.

The BiFury firmware was updated to V1.3 90deg version, which didn't change anything basically. The cgminer directory and executable are manually excluded from any antivirus scan that could interfere.

Could it be recent cgminer versions have some form of memory leak when operating this combo? I remember running just the 3 BlueFury devices for weeks (cgminer 3.8.4) never had this issue.
Only after adding the BiFury, I experienced this behaviour, so I think it's possible that it comes from the BiFury code portion running.
(so far I ran 3.8.4, 3.8.5 (BiFury added), 3.9, 3.10 and now 3.12).

Since the notebook is old, however, and if noone else is seeing such issues.... Could be my hardware of course. It's running pretty cool and the Notebook hardware basically is mostly idling along, so at least it's clearly not running into heat issues. Miners are cooled with a big USB fan and operated off an external powered USB hub.

I had this happen a while back. My windoze 7 machine with 12 gb of ram would run out of memory and eventually blue screen after about two weeks plus. Win XP and NT2000 in about a week would BSod as well. Drove me nuts. Found out in resource monitor that killing java.exe would allow the machine modified mem usage not to expand. So java was leaking, and though it was not using an an unusually high amount of ram it was also not letting go of what it had used making it modified. Solved by going to Sun Microsystems site and using their utility to uninstall previous versions of java and installing the newest one. Hope this helps.  Smiley
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:56:24 PM

I'm having some odd issues since a while.

Running 3 BlueFuries and 1 BiFury USB miners (WinXP SP3), my cgminer started crashing every few days some weeks ago.
Looking at the Task Manager, I found out its RAM usage is increasing all the time, presumably running into some kind of RAM limitations (it's an older centrino notebook with 1.5GB of RAM).
After a day, I see it at about 60MB use of RAM, a day later it's at ~150MB, another day later roughly 350MB+ (which is about the area when it becomes very crash-prone, including using any of its basic menu functions that then can easily crash the application).
Generally its RAM consumption increases at about 4KB/sec.

The BiFury firmware was updated to V1.3 90deg version, which didn't change anything basically. The cgminer directory and executable are manually excluded from any antivirus scan that could interfere.

Could it be recent cgminer versions have some form of memory leak when operating this combo? I remember running just the 3 BlueFury devices for weeks (cgminer 3.8.4) never had this issue.
Only after adding the BiFury, I experienced this behaviour, so I think it's possible that it comes from the BiFury code portion running.
(so far I ran 3.8.4, 3.8.5 (BiFury added), 3.9, 3.10 and now 3.12).

Since the notebook is old, however, and if noone else is seeing such issues.... Could be my hardware of course. It's running pretty cool and the Notebook hardware basically is mostly idling along, so at least it's clearly not running into heat issues. Miners are cooled with a big USB fan and operated off an external powered USB hub.

I'm not running your hardware so there may be memory leak associated with your driver, I don't know.  But I'm running 29 BE's on Win7 w/512MB RAM with no issues on CGMiner 3.11.

Roy Badami

Activity: 563

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:50:46 PM

Hey Con, you're missing the git tag for the 3.12.0 release.

roy
Mackila

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:09:25 PM

Hi,

I got some LIBUSB_ERROR_TIMEOUT errors while using cgminer 3.12.0 with :
- Windows 7 (64) ;
- Powered USB hub ;
- USB fan ;
- 1x Bi*Fury ;
- 1x Bitfury BF1 ;

This setup can run for some hours (2-3) with this output :
Code:
BF1 0:                | 2.175G/2.166Gh/s | A:3278 R:42 HW:230 WU: 30.5/m
BXF 0:  49.4C         | 5.275G/5.232Gh/s | A:7828 R:48 HW:  0 WU: 73.6/m

At some time, both USB miners stop working. Output is then :
Code:
BF1 0:                |  3.000/2.014Gh/s | A:1444 R:20 HW:114 WU:28.1/m
BXF 0:  51.6C         | 30.81K/4.756Gh/s | A:3486 R:50 HW:  0 WU:66.5/m
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[2014-02-01 20:04:38] BXF 0: Error -7 sending BXFWork sent 0 of 163
[2014-02-01 20:04:40] BXF 0: Error -7 sending BXFWork sent 0 of 163
[...]

Both the Bi*Fury and the Bitfury BF1 can run alone for days without errors. The problem occurs if I try to plug only 1 of the USB miners on the hub and the other on another USB connector (directly on the motherboard).
With cgminer 3.12.0, I can run for hours, but with an older version (3.8.4) I only could only run them together for minutes.

I will try to take some time to run them on my rpi instead (maybe some bugs with usblib on Windows ?), but if anyone has any clue on how to avoid the problem...

FalconFly

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Sentinel

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:11:31 PM

I had this happen a while back. My windoze 7 machine with 12 gb of ram would run out of memory and eventually blue screen after about two weeks plus. Win XP and NT2000 in about a week would BSod as well. Drove me nuts. Found out in resource monitor that killing java.exe would allow the machine modified mem usage not to expand. So java was leaking, and though it was not using an an unusually high amount of ram it was also not letting go of what it had used making it modified. Solved by going to Sun Microsystems site and using their utility to uninstall previous versions of java and installing the newest one. Hope this helps.  Smiley

Hm, I don't even have Java installed on that machine, so that can't be the problem in my case...

This forum signature is like its owner - it can't be bought
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:22:10 PM

Hm, I don't even have Java installed on that machine, so that can't be the problem in my case...

You don't need Java.  But if you have it make sure it's up to date as it's one of the most vulnerable spots for virus and worm exploits.

Viceroy

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:50:24 PM

I'm not running your hardware so there may be memory leak associated with your driver, I don't know.  But I'm running 29 BE's on Win7 w/512MB RAM with no issues on CGMiner 3.11.

Watch out, os2, Kano is about to call you a low life because you don't use the supported hardware.  Have you tried any of the other mining software? you will find much more helpful developers on ANY other mining solution.

Best of luck dealing with this DOUCHEBAG.
Viceroy

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:02:46 PM

I have cgminer-3.10.0 on Fedora 19 with AntMiner.  (I had to add --enable-bitfury to configure for it to compile - otherwise it would miss mcp2210.c.)  It is mining at 600Mh/s, not the vaunted 1.6Gh/s, and it is barely warm (unlike the block erupters, which get quite hot in operation).

(5s):631.4M (avg):378.7Mh/s | A:349  R:9  HW:32  WU:0.0/m

Also, it is detected as USB1.1, not 2.0 (other 2.0 devices plugged into the port are detected as 2.0).

There is no official Antminer U1 support in cgminer yet, since the creators of Antminer never contacted the cgminer devs with code and/or hardware before it was released.  The developers just recently received units they can develop for, and so Antminer support is likely eventually forthcoming.  There are some forks of cgminer out there that have implemented an Antminer driver already though, though you'll have to look around for 'em and they're generally unsupported.

Ah, well I am impressed that with no software changes it does the work of 2 Block Erupters at less than half the power.  So with a little code merging and/or waiting, it should do the work of 5 Block Erupters.
Someone want to point me to the best current cgminer code for them please?

Sure, happy to... it's right here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=168174.0
Krak

Activity: 591

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 11:30:06 PM

Yikes, somebody's butthurt. Can we get somebody to clean up this troll rant?

BTC: 1KrakenLFEFg33A4f6xpwgv3UUoxrLPuGn
streetuff

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:36:02 PM

Dropping GPU support was well documented in this thread and even given about a years warning.
Is there a legitimate reason why you can't read?

Oh, that's a genius approach... attack me because I didn't read this 716 page thread.

You are a jackass.
Maybe you could change the FIRST PAGE to reflect the fact that you have RECENTLY abandoned GPU's and Scrypt?   JACKASS!
As stated by others, since you don't bother to keep up on what has been happening with cgminer, simply read every title of every post ...

So anyway, your solution to software that has been provided to you for years for free to make you money, is to call the main developer of that free software that you have used for years ... an idiot.

You sir are indeed a lowlife.

Do you read a wall of text each time you visit a 720 page thread?  No?  Then FUCK YOU DOUCHEBAG!

For anyone else looking for a solution that anticipated the future you should try BFGMINER or SGMINER.

Honest to god, why would ANYONE support an asshat like Kano?  It's beyond me.

could you please stop spamming this thread? go away an whine somewhere else...
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:28:59 AM

rant rant rant - I want free software to do what I tell them to make it do.
Almost no one does.
Have you ever donated to me for the free software you've used (for years)? I'd doubt it.
A few people do on occasion.

The main way I get anything from my work on cgminer is from the hardware I receive from the companies who make it or the people who want me to add/improve support for specific hardware.
Every single time that has of course been FPGA/ASIC BTC mining hardware.

GPU mining on BTC is a complete loss to anyone doing it and a waste of time.

The fact that you would rant and rave like a lunatic, because the free software you use, no longer wishes to support alt-coins, is beyond ridiculous.
Then you run off to the thread of a guy who spreads lies with abandon, all over BTC, and has done so for years, and call ck an idiot there.
Again - indeed you are a lowlife.

Your posts in here, that everyone can see and read at the moment, simply make you out to being one of the biggest lowlifes on the forum at the moment - and I'd not be surprised if most would agree with me on that.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
streetuff

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:39:59 AM

a fool is the fool who follows the fool...

also asshat is an acronym for puke-jr in this thread...

just my 2 cents.
Viceroy

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:38:52 AM

Almost no one does.
Have you ever donated to me for the free software you've used (for years)? I'd doubt it.
GPU mining on BTC is a complete loss to anyone doing it and a waste of ()

Yea, actually I did.  And advocated for it's use.  Evangelized.  Helped others in it's use in this very thread among others.

And you spit at me because I chose not to read 720 pages.

Fuck you, douchbag.

And just FYI there are hundreds of coins these days.  Enjoy living in the past with the great Satoshi.  I can't imagine your stupidity in abandoning all the people who are the former user base of the now tarnished cgminer.
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:52:00 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 07:47:35 PM by os2sam

Almost no one does.
GPU mining on BTC is a complete loss to anyone doing it and a waste of ()

Yea, actually I did.  And advocated for it's use.  Evangelized.  Helped others in it's use in this very thread among others.

And now you choose to support a developer who uses his pools hash rate to attack and destroy the alt coins you want to promote? shutdown a alt/scamcoin?

Edit: Trying to make a my statement more accurate.  My point was not to accuse Luke-Jr of wrongdoing, but that he may not exactly be an Altcoin proponent either.

Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:24:32 AM

And now you choose to support a developer who uses his pools hash rate to attack and destroy the alt coins you want to promote?
Curious why you like to slander others so much?
I mean, I understand it might be hard to make me look bad using facts, but are you really so desperate to make me look bad that you're willing to lie?

Cheshyr

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:05:51 AM

So what is the process for adding new parts to this?  We've got the Coincraft A1 in the wild, and some of the simpler DIY boards are just USB-SPI bridges.  Zefir did some great work on the bitmine cgminer branch, but the base code was a bit dated.  Do we fork/branch, port the A1 bits, then see what it takes to pull/merge it back?
Pages: « 1 ... 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 [710] 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 ... 843 »
  Print  

Jump to: